OT - Cannabis in Colorado

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: OT - Cannabis in Colorado

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well, I'm old school and this makes no sense to someone like me. Weed is a gateway drug in my mind and is not harmless. Last week a PO in Texas was shot to death in a no knock warrant for weed and a few states away they are selling it like tobacco....what am I missing?

[/QUOTE]

Are cigarettes and alcohol gateway drugs or not?  You do realize the only reason you have the opinion you do is because you were born in an era where it was common to think that way, right?

I smoked a cigarette and tried beer long before I tried marijuana.

Prior to 1937, when marijuana was legal and smoked or used as hemp and to produce textiles or other products, it was never considered anything taboo.  You realize this, right?

Are you in favor of alcohol prohibition or banning cigarettes because they are dangerous and proven health risks to society and rising healthcare costs?

I go by facts and professional analysis, so when the medical community sees more value in marijuana than alcohol, I listen. I also like common sense and data that proves the economic benefit of something.

The fact is, none of these things are healthy, but there is no way to control them from existing and we've wasted millions and now billions and billions of dollars through the years, by not conceding the fact people will smoke marijuana, legal or not.

We could literally bring in over 1 billion annually at the federal level if all 50 states legalized this tomorrow, if not more, if you include a further tax on hemp products used in currently closed textile mills here.  

It's simple business more than anything else. The US gov't realized their anti-Irish Prohibition movement in post World War I America, was a waste of resources and a loss of revenue, so it was repealed in 1933 during the Great Depression.

With jobs so limited in 1937, to block Mexicans from being paid less, the Us Gov't created a law to make marijuana illegal.

Since then, it's remained illegal because it gives prisons prisoners (private prisons in conjunction with mandatory minimums have become a billion dollar racket), gives cops something to do and lawyers a job. But, times change and when times change, initelligent societies adjust.

To me, this couldn't be any clearer.

[/QUOTE]

Well...yes I realize my age is showing but I gotta go with my gut...and my gut tells me no good will come from leagalizing drugs IMHO.

[/QUOTE]

You said the same thing the lady said on NBC WOlrd News last night. Can you please expand?

What good has from a bustling black market of drugs?  Rise in crimes, murder, etc?

Mandatory minimums and the destruction of families for simple possession?

[/QUOTE]

Every doper I have been around seemed brain dead and quite frankly very unmotivated to do much of anything. Poor work habits, high absentee rates, higher rate of on the job accidents, unable to focus on projects long enough to finish them.

It’s trouble to me. Our Government has continued to spend money at an unsustainable level, and in an effort to continue wild spending, they seem willing to prostitute citizens on drugs simply for more money so they can continue to spend like tax whoores...ones as bad as the other.

http://www.abovetheinfluence.com/facts/drugsmarijuana

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

No offense, but you either have an old school look at it or don't know anyone who partakes and are just generalizing about the hippie stoner from decades ago. Of course, of course, there are those types.  You sound like my mother, no offense.

I know plenty of successful people either directly or through other people who simply prefer smoking to drinking are highly, highly educated or very successful professionals.

Personally, I think alcohol is worse.  I watched my dad's brother drink and smoke (cigarettes) himself to death by age 50.

[/QUOTE]

Yes and your Dad's brother was likely a poor worker with a history of safety and performance issues....no offense but under the influence of what don't matter to me. You ability to work and function in a productive and safe manner does....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

i dont want my surgeon high on weed. or my airplane pilot. just sayin. imma roll one up now for myself tho.

no tfb12. you cant cyphe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

The Brady bashing moron is an expert on smoking weed too? LMAO that actually makes a lot of sense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Bottom line is we have a plant that OBVIOUSLY has market value,  a long history of data to look at, medical benefits that are LEGALLY available in 20 states....   

What is the mystery here...?

It is a plant that has medicinal and psychological benefits.   the judgment of which is kind of IRRELEVANT.

You are from the old school or the best generation or the right wing.....  You still know how to read...no...?       So brush up on that stuff. 

The internet is amazing in the way that information and KNOWLEDGE is right there for the taking and people don't know how to do basic research which can interpret what has been posted for their benefit... 

You would think that an entire population of enlightened thinkers would evolve.  I guess fox news gets in the way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bottom line is we have a plant that OBVIOUSLY has market value,  a long history of data to look at, medical benefits that are LEGALLY available in 20 states....   

It is a plant that has medicinal and psychological benefits.   the judgment of which is kind of IRRELEVANT.

You are from the old school or the best generation or the right wing.....  You still know how to read...no...?       So brush up on that stuff. 

The internet is amazing in the way that information and KNOWLEDGE is right there for the taking and people don't know how to do basic research which can interpret what has been posted for their benefit... 

You would think that an entire population of enlightened thinkers would evolve.  I guess fox news gets in the way.

[/QUOTE]

usually along with religion

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Two wrongs don't make a right. If your impaired it does not matter how you got there. If you don't think people can get addicted to pot I got bridge to sell you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I'd buy whist, no bridge  till we come to it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I forgot to mention the economic benefits which are again very obvious...  unless you are beholden to a drug company or liquor distributor whose arguments are weak since neither is ultimately affected.  Most people enjoy weed but also take aspirin and ibuprofen and other drugs on occasion and drink plenty of alcohol... 

I personally never went through the "gateway" though...  lol.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thor7. Show thor7's posts

Here is the drawback to legalization: What was an underground unregulated (actually it was regulated by end users) industry where entrepreneurs thrived, where disenfranchised citizens found incomes, will be controlled and marketed by corporate america with huge dollars going to government as well.  Quality will become as consistent as a Marlboro cigarette and as mediocre.  Agribusiness growing techniques will be applied (Chemical fertilizers and insecticides), agribusiness harvesting and processing(stabilizers and taste enahncing chemicals) will be added. And marketing - Just need a little buzz for work, try Mentholated Kick Me When I'm Down Lite. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Rocky missed the game day thread.  Nuf said.  Unintended consequences.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Business plan = food trucks near canibnibus outlets.

damn you Ipad!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I told you they were canniballs.  They will eat the truck drivers

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to thor7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here is the drawback to legalization: What was an underground unregulated (actually it was regulated by end users) industry where entrepreneurs thrived, where disenfranchised citizens found incomes, will be controlled and marketed by corporate america with huge dollars going to government as well.  Quality will become as consistent as a Marlboro cigarette and as mediocre.  Agribusiness growing techniques will be applied (Chemical fertilizers and insecticides), agribusiness harvesting and processing(stabilizers and taste enahncing chemicals) will be added. And marketing - Just need a little buzz for work, try Mentholated Kick Me When I'm Down Lite. 

[/QUOTE]

Quality will become as consistent as a Marlboro cigarette and as mediocre. 

You got that right!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

legalization is a good compromise but the government regulation still is grotesque.

The taxation   30%   ?

Can't smoke anywhere.

Increased enforcement of "state regulations".

this is an experiment.  A better system would be a local economy system where local growers could sell to local buyers with a minimal transaction fee going to the government.

What people do with their weed should just follow simple laws of decency and respect for others, and safety defined by commonly incurred risks.

The rest is just people chasing the money.

[/QUOTE]

I think that will loosen once this gets going.  

Judges are not going to want to deal with tickets for people smoking a doober walking down the street somewhere. It's just not going to hold.  They have too maby things to deal with and the money for the courts won't be there. Also, the regulation and tax is the transaction fee, so I don't get your point there.

Again, this is no different than an alcohol or cigarette tax. The tax will either be lowered or raised based on demand.

As long as they keep the cost of the weed and tax at or below the black market value, they can't miss.

It will just be nice for once for people who innocently want to buy weed to not have to worry about driving home or being shaken down in certain situations for possessing weed. It's a definite good first step, with logical tweaks likely to follow.

Again, this is no different than alchohol and tobacco. 

Look at this way:  Do cops shake people down for carrying a flask and drinking in public? No.

That same thing will now help the long hairs and minorities who are harrassed by cops in that way.

[/QUOTE]

Again, this is no different than an alcohol or cigarette tax. The tax will either be lowered or raised based on demand.

There is the problem.  With licensing fees, multiple stores/warehouses, 35% tax and regulations that change by the minute, the other however many million in Co have the advantage.

[/QUOTE]

Dude...no offense...but if you need peace wed that bad, move to COLORADO...they changed their law first...it's the same reason why Las vegas is the gambling capital of the USA....they got it first...others will come along in  time...it's going to be taxed and regulated...this ain't the wild west...build a room in your house with no windows and a 24 hour lighting and watering system...take your chances...good luck

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

legalization is a good compromise but the government regulation still is grotesque.

The taxation   30%   ?

Can't smoke anywhere.

this is an experiment.  A better system would be a local economy system where local growers could sell to local buyers with a minimal transaction fee going to the government.

What people do with their weed should just follow simple laws of decency and respect for others, and safety defined by commonly incurred risks.

[/QUOTE]

Judges are not going to want to deal with tickets for people smoking a doober walking down the street somewhere. It's just not going to hold.  They have too maby things to deal with and the money for the courts won't be there. Also, the regulation and tax is the transaction fee, so I don't get your point there.

As long as they keep the cost of the weed and tax at or below the black market value, they can't miss.

It will just be nice for once for people who innocently want to buy weed to not have to worry about driving home or being shaken down in certain situations for possessing weed. It's a definite good first step, with logical tweaks likely to follow.

Look at this way:  Do cops shake people down for carrying a flask and drinking in public? No.

That same thing will now help the long hairs and minorities who are harrassed by cops in that way.

[/QUOTE]

There is the problem.  With licensing fees, multiple stores/warehouses, 35% tax and regulations that change by the minute, the other however many million in Co have the advantage.

[/QUOTE]

No, they don't.  Like I said the gov't now has the ability to undercut the black market.

Again, when alcohol was legalized again in 1933 we heard this same crap and obviously none of it ever came true.  People didn't stick with the black market because prices always undercut it, the risk wasn't worth it and here we are.

Do you really buy black market alcohol or cigarettes? Of course you don't. 

Over time, the market will settle and the risk/cost to keep mfg and moving weed for the black market will be seen as a waste of time/resources. They'll just adopt to something else like crystal meth or something. They're not going to waste their time on such crappy margins.

I know the drug companies also hate this, which cracks me up.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed about the drug companies. Funny.

alcohol and cigarettes are not taxed 35%

The govt had the ability to undercut the market, they didn't.

[/QUOTE]

Why would the government want to undercut the market?...are you nuts...they don't want to be seen as being a proponent of anyone getting high!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well, I'm old school and this makes no sense to someone like me. Weed is a gateway drug in my mind and is not harmless. Last week a PO in Texas was shot to death in a no knock warrant for weed and a few states away they are selling it like tobacco....what am I missing?

[/QUOTE]

Are cigarettes and alcohol gateway drugs or not?  You do realize the only reason you have the opinion you do is because you were born in an era where it was common to think that way, right?

I smoked a cigarette and tried beer long before I tried marijuana.

Prior to 1937, when marijuana was legal and smoked or used as hemp and to produce textiles or other products, it was never considered anything taboo.  You realize this, right?

Are you in favor of alcohol prohibition or banning cigarettes because they are dangerous and proven health risks to society and rising healthcare costs?

I go by facts and professional analysis, so when the medical community sees more value in marijuana than alcohol, I listen. I also like common sense and data that proves the economic benefit of something.

The fact is, none of these things are healthy, but there is no way to control them from existing and we've wasted millions and now billions and billions of dollars through the years, by not conceding the fact people will smoke marijuana, legal or not.

We could literally bring in over 1 billion annually at the federal level if all 50 states legalized this tomorrow, if not more, if you include a further tax on hemp products used in currently closed textile mills here.  

It's simple business more than anything else. The US gov't realized their anti-Irish Prohibition movement in post World War I America, was a waste of resources and a loss of revenue, so it was repealed in 1933 during the Great Depression.

With jobs so limited in 1937, to block Mexicans from being paid less, the Us Gov't created a law to make marijuana illegal.

Since then, it's remained illegal because it gives prisons prisoners (private prisons in conjunction with mandatory minimums have become a billion dollar racket), gives cops something to do and lawyers a job. But, times change and when times change, initelligent societies adjust.

To me, this couldn't be any clearer.

[/QUOTE]

Well...yes I realize my age is showing but I gotta go with my gut...and my gut tells me no good will come from leagalizing drugs IMHO.

[/QUOTE]

You said the same thing the lady said on NBC WOlrd News last night. Can you please expand?

What good has from a bustling black market of drugs?  Rise in crimes, murder, etc?

Mandatory minimums and the destruction of families for simple possession?

[/QUOTE]

Every doper I have been around seemed brain dead and quite frankly very unmotivated to do much of anything. Poor work habits, high absentee rates, higher rate of on the job accidents, unable to focus on projects long enough to finish them.

It’s trouble to me. Our Government has continued to spend money at an unsustainable level, and in an effort to continue wild spending, they seem willing to prostitute citizens on drugs simply for more money so they can continue to spend like tax whoores...ones as bad as the other.

http://www.abovetheinfluence.com/facts/drugsmarijuana

[/QUOTE]

You can't legislate morality....been tried, never worked...was alcohol prohibition effective?...this is beating a dead horse...and alcoholism is far wrose than weed smoking...in every way...never heard of a weed smoker dying of liver disease, or being thrown in stir for a violent assault....just doesn't happen

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Business plan = food trucks near canibnibus outlets.

damn you Ipad!  

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the dreaded Trilateral Commission is back in business...LONG LIVE LYNDON LAROUCHE!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

lmao....melswitless back to his genius pictures...

[/QUOTE]

Obsession...sorry BUSTCHISE...everyone knows who you are.....LMAO...

"you wanna go where everybody knows your name"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

PROVE IT BUSTCHISE!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to melswitts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The taxation   30%   ?

Can't smoke anywhere.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude...no offense...but if you need peace wed that bad, move to COLORADO...they changed their law first...it's the same reason why Las vegas is the gambling capital of the USA....they got it first...others will come along in  time...it's going to be taxed and regulated...this ain't the wild west...build a room in your house with no windows and a 24 hour lighting and watering system...take your chances...good luck

[/QUOTE]

Dude, I moved to Colorado more than 18 years ago.  I have a friend that owns a dispensary And I have worked in the industry (medical)on and off over the last 4 years.

im not saying this because I think or read it somewhere. Im saying it because I live in the middle of it and see it first hand almost daily.

btw, all those people that bought homes in Colorado during the building boom a few years back. Yeah, those people with extra space, who may be struggling with their mortgages. Put it this way, I  know more than a few that try to make some dash on the side.

also, flowering cycles run 12 hrs a day, watering typically on a timer a couple times during the cycle So not a huge deal.  Chances? As you said ITS LEGAL!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

These are the kinds of simple and logical ideas our political leaders need to be promoting and making happen to help people out. It will help small businesses as well.  A no brainer across the board.

Tell that to the parents of the first kid that dies from some high idiot that t-bones him.  (Drugged driving is up in Colorado (http://smartcolorado.org/marijuana-causing-more-drugged-driving-deaths/) and that is before Jan 1st when it's allowed to be sold for recreational use) 

So you think this is a good law?

I thought you said you were untouchable on your political knowledge?  Need to do some research before you post.

pot = no brain!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

i bet it wont be a highschool idiot rather then an old middle aged drunken lonely man.