1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Re: OT - Cannabis in Colorado

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 347pg's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have no problem...  Are there any checks in place for this?..

[/QUOTE]

I live in Colorado and no there are none.  Maybe soon but we'll see.  Also, nobody has said what the legal limit is.  Is it two joints or 10?  No studies, no nothing.

I'm driving extra cautious now.

[/QUOTE]

WHo are you, Nancy Reagan?  My god. Why weren't you driving with  more caution before?

Are you this dumb thinking that new law will have non-pot smokers streaming into buy bongs and be driving around with bowls full of Strawberry Kush?

My god. What a drama queen. Please educate yourself on the topic.

[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that now that it's legal there will be no increase in drugged driving?

You are devoid of common sense.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Im wondering if there will be increased healthcare cost for the drug users....Currently at work smokers are having a panic because the new health insurance carrier charges 15 bucks a week extra per smoker.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have no problem...  Are there any checks in place for this?..

I live in Colorado and no there are none.  Maybe soon but we'll see.  Also, nobody has said what the legal limit is.  Is it two joints or 10?  No studies, no nothing.

I'm driving extra cautious now.

[/QUOTE]

WHo are you, Nancy Reagan?  My god. Why weren't you driving with  more caution before?

Are you this dumb thinking that new law will have non-pot smokers streaming into buy bongs and be driving around with bowls full of Strawberry Kush?

My god. What a drama queen. Please educate yourself on the topic.

[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that now that it's legal there will be no increase in drugged driving?

You are devoid of common sense.

[/QUOTE]

That's correct.  That's what I am saying.  Is there an increase in drunk driving for any particular reason?

I go by data and facts.

Barring morons breaking the law driving and smoking weed, which happens all the time before yesterday anyway, what is your premise why it will somehow increase?

The people will roll up a doober on the way home from dispensary before they get home?

The defeats the purpose of why your're buying legal weed in the first place, dummy. It's so you can buy it and not feel like a freaking criminal just like you would alcohol.

You  literally have no idea what you're talking about here, Nancy.

[/QUOTE]

This law just went into effect. What data and facts are you going by? If they rolled the drinking age back to 18 would you be claiming there would be no more drunk drivers on the road because that defeats the purpose of making it legal for the 18-20 year olds? Can we at least give it a year to get some statistics about whether the number of people caught driving while impared goes up in Colorado before you claim to have data and facts about it? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

Not trying to be rude, but maybe you should cool it with the weed if that is your day after experience?

[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't mean to imply that every day after is like that.  To me it's similar to booze in that if you really overdo it, you have to pay a price.

My only point, really, is that there is such a thing as a pot hangover. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

CO - up to an ounce for residents. 1/4 ounce out-of-state. That's what can be purchased.

Pot Hangover: I know that feeling. 2 thoughts:

1) If I smoke very late, sometimes I'm still high when I wake up. Waking up INTO a high state isn't exactly an energetic 'go-getting' start. 

2) I notice I sometimesd wake up feeling crappy, and realize I didn't hydrate enough, which can lead to SEVERE headaches...and I may have a tummy full of not the best choices. 

Both are what I would refer to as a pot hangover. Both can be easily avoided by not smoking at 3am when I have to be up at 7, by being sure to drink water, and by not eating that bag of chips...that full size, not .25c bag, before falling asleep.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

POT,TATOOES,SMOKING, BINGE DRINKING ??? Why do people wish to do damage to their bodies?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Pot can also have some nice aphrodisiac benefits if used in the right amount. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What nobody ever brings up in the "legalize all drugs crowd" is the cost to regular society should that happen...At the local shopping center alone last summer 4 heroin O.D.s occurred in the parking lot...all the "victims" were revived with an anti opiate injection by the EMTs, then naturally ambulance and hospitalization. But Im SURE all these heroin addicts are gainfully employed with insurance that covered every cent of the expense...speaking of expense, how does one afford a 100-200 dollar a day heroin addiction, again Im sure they have very high paying jobs to support the addiction - its not like these people have to resort to a life of crime to support their habit....

[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with anything? You think more people would shoot heroin tomorrow if it was legal? LOL!

Yes, Granny Smith can't wait for the gov't to tell her it's legal so she can go get a batch of black tar and start here new hobby.

Don't you think if it was legal and taxed, the money you're concerned about (healthcare costs) would be used to support that?

Duh!

[/QUOTE]

Legal and taxed LOL - all articles in todays paper mention complaints about the costs of the pot....Again another clueless person cant figure out the pint of post that all these heroin addicts are career crimnals to support their habit. The State of AZ does it right, if you are arrested on posession charges you are incarcerted until your trial....It basically takes a criminal off the street that otherwise would be robbing and stealing to support his habit.....

[/QUOTE]

And the cost to keep a person in Prison is at $20,000 - $30,000 per year!Prisoners get free food, education, MEDICAL, clothing,etc Paid by taxpayers half the prison population is in on NON-VIOLENT drug offesnes. Save money for all legalize ALL drugs and build rehab centers for profit?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OK let me explain what I mean by a pot hangover.  First let me say that I'm a veteran pot smoker-about 40 years-I've smoked good and bad stuff and the stuff I've smoked in recent years is very good-much higher than 3% THC.

My definition of a pot hangover is this.  You wake up feeling like there's still a cloud in your head.  Your body feels very lethargic.  You have to concentrate extra hard on everything you do because your brain just isn't quite there.  Your short term memory is virtually nonexistent.

The pot hangover dissipates gradually as the day goes on and your faculties return.

[/QUOTE]

I have smoked pot for 30 years and have never experienced anything like you describe. You must have to smoke a LOT of pot, at night, to feel like that in the morning. I puff a half a doob to help me sleep on occasion and wake up feeling the same as any other day.

I do feel lethargic upon first getting up, but doesn't most everyone? I don't need an alarm clock because my body just wakes up out of habit, but I don't spring to my feet and start jogging in place. I also don't drink coffee because my stomach can't take it and it makes my hands shake and legs restless (the couple times I tried it) It  takes me about a half hour to truly feel wide awake... pot or not 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

See yall at the gym in 15 minutes

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]

if you're paying $120 an ounce for weed in 2013, it ain't very good. Just saying.   This ain't 1999. You're clearly paying for some everyday street weed and just think it's great.     Why you would want that when you could walk into a smorgasbord of options and not be worried about being pulled over and arrested, I have no idea.

[/QUOTE]

I have been smoking pot for 30 YEARS. I don't "just think it's great". I know exactly what great is. What I get isn't cush, but it is very decent and requires half a bone or less when alone. Isn't it juuuust possible that I have a very good longtime friend & my guy would rather associate with longtime regulars for at a reduced lower profit margin just to be safe ???

Not everyone buys dimebags of dirt on street corners

Also, how on earth can people get pulled over and arrested when bringing it home. For starters, it hasn't happened to me one single time in the last 30 years, but now I'll even have a medical card, giving me the right to possess it. Even without the card, an ounce or less is not a criminal offense in MA.  

As for nobody wanting to buy "crappier weed"? Very good smoke at half the legal cost does not equal CRAPPY. Money matters to MANY, and not very many people I know will be buying $300 an ounce (or higher) smoke regularly when they can get perfectly decent smoke for HALF that. A lot of people like scotch, fine wines etc etc. but who regularly buys the greatest most expensive stuff available? Next to nobody.

The ''black market' isn't going anywhere

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

$120 for an ounce= GARBAGE WEED

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

*REGGIE BUSH*

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What nobody ever brings up in the "legalize all drugs crowd" is the cost to regular society should that happen...At the local shopping center alone last summer 4 heroin O.D.s occurred in the parking lot...all the "victims" were revived with an anti opiate injection by the EMTs, then naturally ambulance and hospitalization. But Im SURE all these heroin addicts are gainfully employed with insurance that covered every cent of the expense...speaking of expense, how does one afford a 100-200 dollar a day heroin addiction, again Im sure they have very high paying jobs to support the addiction - its not like these people have to resort to a life of crime to support their habit....

[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with anything? You think more people would shoot heroin tomorrow if it was legal? LOL!

Yes, Granny Smith can't wait for the gov't to tell her it's legal so she can go get a batch of black tar and start here new hobby.

Don't you think if it was legal and taxed, the money you're concerned about (healthcare costs) would be used to support that?

Duh!

[/QUOTE]

Legal and taxed LOL - all articles in todays paper mention complaints about the costs of the pot....Again another clueless person cant figure out the pint of post that all these heroin addicts are career crimnals to support their habit. The State of AZ does it right, if you are arrested on posession charges you are incarcerted until your trial....It basically takes a criminal off the street that otherwise would be robbing and stealing to support his habit.....

[/QUOTE]

And the cost to keep a person in Prison is at $20,000 - $30,000 per year!Prisoners get free food, education, MEDICAL, clothing,etc Paid by taxpayers half the prison population is in on NON-VIOLENT drug offesnes. Save money for all legalize ALL drugs and build rehab centers for profit?

[/QUOTE]

Really... Drug rehab centers for profit? You think that is going to save anything in terms of dollars? Do you think that most people who would needa drug rehab center are highly paid, upstanding citizens who can just pull out the credit card for rehab? Do you think a place like the Betty Ford Clinic is cheap? I'd guess that a year in the Betty Ford Clinic probably runs close to $100,000. Who is going to pay for that, Obamacare?? Oh, wait... That's the taxpayers...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Drug Overdose....Let them die!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Drug Overdose....Let them die!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Exactly - legalize drugs on a "use at own risk" policy...Over dose and going into shock, just let them go, no more revive with anti opiate injection, then ER visit,....all it does is revive them to shoot up next day....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I worry about safety,  driving and kids

Is there such a thing as just a little buzzed? Do they have tests for DUI? 

i can have 1 drink and be safe , I dont think it works like tbst for weed. The idea is to get buzzed not enjoy the smoke

kids get it now of course but it will be easier and it won't help them in life

Also worry about long term effects on people who end up getting high everyday especially with these high potent engineered strains

And is this weed carsogeneous ?

So now its not legal to smoke cigs in public but ok for weed? 

How long before we hear about second hand smoke. Lol

How long before we hear that welfare or fed food cards are paying for peoples weed? And they will need more food for their munchies lol

something tells me we are going to have an awful lot of un intended consequences, not not many good ones

I care about the impact on society but there is little to be done-when so many people want it I just don't want to pay for other peoples lifestyles

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

For all of you out there who can use pot and live productive lives, good for you. As I said in an earlier post, I have no problems with that at all. I delivered packages for UPS for 9 years, mainly in Cambridge and Quincy, so I was ina nd out of a lot of apartment buildings (state run 'housing' projects). From what I saw, there are a large number of pot heads who are more like the stoners in the movie Knocked Up, a bunch of them living together and pooling their welfare checks so they can get stoned all day rather than getting a job. I think there is a much larger population than most people realize who are not working and are on the welfare system, either getting federal or state assistance, or both. That is what drives me crazy. My taxes keep going up and up and up to pay for social programs that are designed to allow people to stay on the public payroll who I KNOW are making no effort to improve thmeseleves or their lives.