OT- Just wondering.. Who's watching USA/Canada live tomorrow?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

OT- Just wondering.. Who's watching USA/Canada live tomorrow?

Just wondering. I convinced my mom to let me dip early and I'm having friends over to watch it.

cannot wait!!!

who's watching at 12?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: OT- Just wondering.. Who's watching USA/Canada live tomorrow?

Agree Canada isnt playing well but with the depth and talent they have, they couod score 6 goals on point any game.

US defense has been the weak point so far which scares me, but overall Quick is better than Price so that's a huge adv.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to mellymel2's comment:

It's going to be a tong war out there.

Like with these things?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

I will be watching!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree Canada isnt playing well but with the depth and talent they have, they couod score 6 goals on point any game.

US defense has been the weak point so far which scares me, but overall Quick is better than Price so that's a huge adv.

[/QUOTE]

What one Earth are you talking about?

Our defense has been stellar.  Goals against:  2,1,2,1.  That's amazing.  If they were giving out an MVP, Ryan Suter would be in heavy contention.

(Feel free to say, "I was typing for the sake of it and really don't know what I'm talking about."  That'll be a lot easier than going all Rusty Trombone and defending lunacy for 10 pages.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

@ NAS 

yes, the weakest part of the roster is the defense . 

Granted, no doubt they are playing well it's the weak point. The attack is fine. 4.5 goals a game scored, that's certainly not the weakness.

quick certainly isn't the weakness either. 

Obviously the whole team is playing well, but defense is the weakest point on the roster Talent wise. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

To me Canada has more talent overall, but their forwards are not scoring nearly enough. By contrast the US forwards are flying (ex-Bruin Kessel, Van Reimsdyk etc....) all over the place  and netting goals. For me the issue is can Canada's D stop the American forwards and can Quick make some keys saves.....The US wins a tight game 4-3......maybe even in OT (keeps the bars freshly stocked). My educated guess is either way I'll be pretty hammered.

Bettman wants a renaissance in American hockey and he gets it with the biggest win since the Miracle On Ice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Such an epic coaching fail today by an otherwise fantastic hockey coach.

It was so frustrating to watch them try and play not to lose for most of the 3rd.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

@ NAS 

yes, the weakest part of the roster is the defense . 

Granted, no doubt they are playing well it's the weak point. The attack is fine. 4.5 goals a game scored, that's certainly not the weakness.

quick certainly isn't the weakness either. 

Obviously the whole team is playing well, but defense is the weakest point on the roster Talent wise. 

[/QUOTE]

Why is their defense weak?  What's weak about it? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Such an epic coaching fail today by an otherwise fantastic hockey coach.

It was so frustrating to watch them try and play not to lose for most of the 3rd.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was an epic fail. They had that won.  Sad to see it slip away like that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To me Canada has more talent overall,

[/QUOTE]

But the USA is playing so much better together.  Should be a good one!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I will be watching as the USA team wins for the chance to go to the gold medal round.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

We have two conference rooms at work with 50 inch flat screens in them. Yesterday both were filled with people watching the womens game. Today will be standing room only in both rooms!!

I think the timing of these games sucks for most 9 to 5 folks. Half the fans across the country will miss this game because of it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

NAS,

I think today's game showed how the USA D was the weak point. 

Canada controlled the puck in their Zone all game. It seemed like we couldn't get it out. 

Granted, our attack couldn't hold it in for more than 30 sec it seemed as well. they didn't even show up either.

Totally outplayed today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Well, it looked like a team that had no energy left today. Can't blame the D as they only scored once. Quick was fantastic.

The offense stayed home today and really did little more than skate around.

Sxxt happens but I'm sure USA will be the first to admit they can, and should have, played with more emotion today.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Quick had 36 saves vs that talented Canadian team, amazing!  USA couldn't score a goal. It's not like they didn't have their chances.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Quick had 36 saves vs that talented Canadian team, amazing!  USA couldn't score a goal. It's not like they didn't have their chances.

[/QUOTE]

They didn't. Canada's defense was phenominal. They funneled everything towards the perimeter and wouldn't allow the US to play in front of the net at all. Made it so easy on Price. You don't need to score if your defense is a brick wall!

Anyone else get sick of watching Kane stand on the half boards waiting waiting waiting? The only decent chance in a prime scoring spot was Parise's deflection on the PP and the nice glove save Price made early on.

Should be a good gold medal game, they look like the two best teams for sure. Wish Sweden was a little healthier for it though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Canada shut down the US team quite well.  They really did not have too many "quality" scoring chances.  Also, Canada was simply swarming all over the ice, taking away passing lanes and refusing to allow the US to set up its offense once in the Canadien zone.  Tough loss.

Canada is cheering mightily tonight defeating both men's and women's teams in hockey.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They didn't. Canada's defense was phenominal.

[/QUOTE]

They sure did, especially in the 1st period.  Very fast pace in the first period, curious how many shots they had in the first period.  In all, I believe team USA had 31 shots total, not all quality shots of course but certainly had their chances.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

They sure did, especially in the 1st period.  Very fast pace in the first period, curious how many shots they had in the first period.  In all, I believe team USA had 31 shots total, not all quality shots of course but certainly had their chances.

[/QUOTE]

Most of their chances were outside shots that hit Price square in the gut. Very few rebounds. If you want to call those chances that is fine I guess but very few shots had a chance to find the back of the net. I was impressed with Canada creating a barrier in front of the net. Everything the US attempted went to the boards and was easily blocked or smothered by Price. Even the PP's they had great puck control but struggled mightily getting anything towards the net.

Makes it easy on your keeper when you have shutdown defenders Doughty, Weber, Keith, etc. I doubted the Vlasic selection too but he looked great out there.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Smile

In response to mellymel2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Most of their chances were outside shots that hit Price square in the gut. Very few rebounds. If you want to call those chances that is fine I guess but very few shots had a chance to find the back of the net. I was impressed with Canada creating a barrier in front of the net. Everything the US attempted went to the boards and was easily blocked or smothered by Price. Even the PP's they had great puck control but struggled mightily getting anything towards the net.

Makes it easy on your keeper when you have shutdown defenders Doughty, Weber, Keith, etc. I doubted the Vlasic selection too but he looked great out there.

[/QUOTE]

The multiple personality maniac BUST-CHISE talks to himself because nobody else will...they have finally smartened up..

We lost...we had a horrible game...two chokes in a row by the male and female editions of the USA hockey teams......sad but it's done..C YA in four years!

[/QUOTE]

(No choke) Most of the time better team wins.

25. This post has been removed.