OT: Random Thought From SNF

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

OT: Random Thought From SNF

Yeah yeah scouting is hard, hindsight is 20/20 etc, but after last night's game it really makes me chuckle that Alex Smith was considered a better prospect than Rodgers.  How the heck did that happen?  It is painful watching Smith throw the ball downfield.  Arm strength isn't everything, but anyone that says it isn't important is kidding themselves.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: OT: Random Thought From SNF

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Yeah yeah scouting is hard, hindsight is 20/20 etc, but after last night's game it really makes me chuckle that Alex Smith was considered a better prospect than Rodgers.  How the heck did that happen?  It is painful watching Smith throw the ball downfield.  Arm strength isn't everything, but anyone that says it isn't important is kidding themselves.

Sometimes a performer in college can give the allusion to be better based on their college production. Alex Smith played in a shotgun offense so wouldve been great here (shout out to Rusty) but was a hard transition for him coming to pros. Aaron Rodgers is a very smart player which is harder to evaluate(think Brady going in 6th). Sometimes a player dropping GIVES him the needed motivation to succeed. Noone knew how much he worked and how smart he was and he had THREE years to learn under Favre before starting.  Also the fact that no team NEEDED a Qb for a while made A Rod last that long.

Im not sure what you mean by arm strength. I heard the announcer mention it as well and Ive never considered Alex Smith to have a weak arm. He has had gameplans that dont call for him to throw deep but I saw him making some nice deep throws. Avery dropped a perfect pass. He isnt that accurate when throwing 40 plus but he can get it there IMO. A.Smith is a very good QB when you consider his scrambling ability. He is VERY smart with the ball which is an underated aspect and he has been compared alot to Manning in his mechanics and control at the line. Denvers defense played great last night too so Ijs. If they hit a couple of those big plays early, diff. game and I expect a win in K.C. where they are more comfortable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Might have helped a little if his receivers didn't drop 10 passes in the first half alone!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Andy reid the head coach let the offensive coordinator(Andy Reid) call a screwed up game.

Chiefs special teams and defense can't always score a couple TDs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I thought Alex did all he could. Can anyone name his tight end? Exactly, remember how Brady looked before Gronk and remember Peyton has J.Thomas. Smith did very well for what he had and the playcalling he was given.