OT - UFC 170 - Rousey vs. McMann SAT 2/22/14

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: OT - UFC 170 - Rousey vs. McMann SAT 2/22/14

Honday by first round arm bar but would not be surprised to see her win by KO with the way her stand up is being talked about lately.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PhatttVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Honday by first round arm bar but would not be surprised to see her win by KO with the way her stand up is being talked about lately.

[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking it's going to be a tougher fight than vs. Tate.  

McMann is a silver medal wrestler and strikes better than Ronda Rousey, imo.  I'm not sure how her ground games matches up agains Rousey - Rousey is pretty damn good on the mats. Olympian vs. Olympian....hope it's a decent fight.

[/QUOTE]

Toughter then Tate?  Wow! You really think that? 

Honda is going to toss her around then break her arm.  But I wouldn't mind seeing Honda Knock her out!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You sure heard honday was in cap hell he didnt read pats book aricle 1 and 2 lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You sure heard honday was in cap hell he didnt read pats book aricle 1 and 2 lol.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!

Honda Housey is making bank with the UFC and movie deals she has.  Nocap hell for her.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

It will be fun to watch wrestling vs judo.  Usually wrestling wins. Havent watched McMann fight, but supposedly she has good boxing also, better than hondas.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!

Honda Housey is making bank with the UFC and movie deals she has.  Nocap hell for her.

[/QUOTE]

Well dont watch to much UFC just thought you get a laugh out of that.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!

[/QUOTE]

Well dont watch to much UFC just thought you get a laugh out of that.

[/QUOTE]

when is her movie coming out

[/QUOTE]

Expendables 3 (this year) and Fast and furious 7 (nest year)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The only person who can beat Honda is Cris Cyborg, she is a beast.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Boooo. They stopped the fight a little early. It would have been a very good fight if they had let it go on a little while.

[/QUOTE]

Ended the fight with a well placed liver shot. Ouch! Perfect shot! Those are nasty!  Honday is a beast!

In other fights Cormier destroyed his trash talking replacement foe.  Cormier looked awesome at 205.  The guy is a beast at HW and LHW.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Her Judo is far superior for wrestlers.  Her leverage and balance is unbelievable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Her Judo didn't really come into play that much, but I would agree that her balance and ground game are prolly the best. Prior to the liver shot by the knee; which was an awesome strategy by her coaches to hit the body/liver specifically - McMann was getting the better of Rousey w/ striking.  It does look like Rousey's striking has gotten better.

Would love to see a rematch....

Zingano next if she's healthy enough?

[/QUOTE]

Rousey's Judo clinch is amazing, McMann couldn't get away, couldn't do anything once tied up.  Rousey's hips are world class, I was waiting for her to throw McMann at any time but it was clear she wanted to work some dirty boxing from the clinch until landing the knee to the liver.  Cat Zingano will be a fun fight, she has a ton of heart but she isn't taking Rousey's title, no how, no way!  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Her Judo didn't really come into play that much, but I would agree that her balance and ground game are prolly the best. Prior to the liver shot by the knee; which was an awesome strategy by her coaches to hit the body/liver specifically - McMann was getting the better of Rousey w/ striking.  It does look like Rousey's striking has gotten better.

[/QUOTE]

Rousey's Judo clinch is amazing, McMann couldn't get away, couldn't do anything once tied up.  Rousey's hips are world class, I was waiting for her to throw McMann at any time but it was clear she wanted to work some dirty boxing from the clinch until landing the knee to the liver.  Cat Zingano will be a fun fight, she has a ton of heart but she isn't taking Rousey's title, no how, no way!  

[/QUOTE]

I don't thinks so either.  Again, would love to see a rematch between Rousey and McMann as I think this past fight was called a little early.  I understand why ref called it, but McMann was on her way back up to her feet.  I think this might have been the second quick call in a Rousey fight.  

Do you think that it's because she's the darling/face of women's UFA? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PhatVirginian's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't thinks so either.  Again, would love to see a rematch between Rousey and McMann as I think this past fight was called a little early.  I understand why ref called it, but McMann was on her way back up to her feet.  I think this might have been the second quick call in a Rousey fight.  

[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you are so high on Sara McMann.  She hasn't beat anyone, really.  I would have to rank her 8th, behind Rousey, Alexis Davis, Cat Zingano, Jessica Eye, Sarah Kaufmann, Meisha Tate,  and Liz Carmouche.

Yes, she has a very good wrestling pedigree but it doesn't always translate to a great MMA fighter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you are so high on Sara McMann.  She hasn't beat anyone, really.  I would have to rank her 8th, behind Rousey, Alexis Davis, Cat Zingano, Jessica Eye, Sarah Kaufmann, Meisha Tate,  and Liz Carmouche.

Yes, she has a very good wrestling pedigree but it doesn't always translate to a great MMA fighter.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't say she was all that - but, I think she's better than Tate.  Tate may have experience over McMann - and McMann has a good ways to go. Like you said, she still has some proving to do.  

The Rousey-McMann fight did not last very long, and like I said, I think McMann had the upper hand when they were duking it out toe-to-toe. And, again, imo - the fight was called a little early. From what little I've seen of McMann - I think she's going to be around for a little while.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I didn't say she was all that - but, I think she's better than Tate.  Tate may have experience over McMann - and McMann has a good ways to go. Like you said, she still has some proving to do.  

The Rousey-McMann fight did not last very long, and like I said, I think McMann had the upper hand when they were duking it out toe-to-toe. And, again, imo - the fight was called a little early. From what little I've seen of McMann - I think she's going to be around for a little while.

I think Meshia Tate has good stand up, Meshia got the better of Rousey in the standup too but we know what happened there.. twice!  Just for the record, Tate has a few KO's and McMann only has 1 win via ko.  I think Mishia would beat Mcmann.  Of course we will never know unless they fight but you have to remember Meisha was a very good wrestler also.  Not the same caliber as McMann but Tate was on the boys wrestling team in HS. She isn't a chump in the wrestling department.  But she transitioned to MMA much sooner the McMann did.  I think Tate is further along skill wise.

Yeah, we always wish fights would go longer because we just never know what would have happened.  But I think Rousey would have tossed McMann around whenever she wanted to and then would have submitted her.  Not Sure Cat can give Rousey a big test but Cat has a ton of heart and might be able to survive for a while.

Great discussion!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

That's my girl! She whupped another wanna be! Rhonda was about to lay a serious whupping on McMann when she hit her with the knee to the liver, the next moves would have left McMann in traction for awhile..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Meshia Tate has good stand up, Meshia got the better of Rousey in the standup too but we know what happened there.. twice!  Just for the record, Tate has a few KO's and McMann only has 1 win via ko.  I think Mishia would beat Mcmann.  Of course we will never know unless they fight but you have to remember Meisha was a very good wrestler also.  Not the same caliber as McMann but Tate was on the boys wrestling team in HS. She isn't a chump in the wrestling department.  But she transitioned to MMA much sooner the McMann did.  I think Tate is further along skill wise.

Yeah, we always wish fights would go longer because we just never know what would have happened.  But I think Rousey would have tossed McMann around whenever she wanted to and then would have submitted her.  Not Sure Cat can give Rousey a big test but Cat has a ton of heart and might be able to survive for a while.

Great discussion!!

[/QUOTE]

I have a different view of the Rousey-Tate fight.  I don't think Tate had any advantage over Rousey in any aspect. Rousey had that fight all the way.  Tate kept shooting Rousey; which was a poor tactic since Rousey historically had a better ground game.  Tate did a great job avoiding the arm bar, and even escaped it once during that fight. She also got in 5-6 good up kicks while on her back, but only because Rousey was too eager to try to finish Tate.  That's where Tate might have an edge over McMann is sheer experience, but I think Tate is towards the end of her career.

In regards to how it finished, the ref could have let the fight at least go on another 15-30 seconds to gauge how injured McMann actually was.  

I don't remember which fight it was earlier in the night; but there was that one fight where a guy was getting pummeled - and I thought that fight should have been stopped earlier (it was the one with the African-American referee.

Anyway, it's fun watching some of these fights.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's my girl! She whupped another wanna be! Rhonda was about to lay a serious whupping on McMann when she hit her with the knee to the liver, the next moves would have left McMann in traction for awhile..

[/QUOTE]

you're probably right, but I still would have wanted to see it last a wee bit longer to actually see what would have happened.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great discussion!!

[/QUOTE]

Oh, and the reason why I thought Carmouche was closer to beating Rousey was the rear naked choke early in that fight. I don't remember all of the details, but Carmouche was really close- I think Rousey had a hand in there...and also bit her...finally shaking her off her back. I'd like to see that rematch too!!