Ouch! But what do those guys know, right?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Ouch! But what do those guys know, right?

ANALYSTPREDICTIONWINNER Mike
    Reiss

(5-5) Patriots 35, Broncos 31
    It's been a tough year on the prediction front for me, Tedy. I'm 5-5. I have to start thinking outside the hash marks, so I'm expecting the unexpected. Tedy
    Bruschi

(7-3) Broncos 34, Patriots 30
    Reiss, I want to agree with you on this one, but I can't. The injuries on defense for the Patriots are starting to take their toll and the weapons Denver has on offense are endless. I was very impressed with the play of the Denver offensive line last week. Tom Brady and the offense will put points on the board to keep this close, but the Broncos win this round and hopefully there is a rematch of this classic quarterback matchup in the playoffs. Field
    Yates

(5-5) BRONCOS 31, PATRIOTS 26
    This game could have postseason implications as it relates to seeding, as both the Patriots and Broncos are vying for a top two slot in the AFC, which would lead to a first-round bye. The difference in this game will ultimately come down to the health of the Patriots' secondary. Given that four of the top five defensive backs are dealing with some sort of injury, Peyton Manning and his offense will prove too much to overcome in a close game that falls in Denver's favor. Number Fire
    (7-3) PATRIOTS 28, BRONCOS 27

ESPN
    experts
    BRONCOS OVER PATRIOTS
    Of 13 ESPN experts, 12 pick the Broncos to win. Only Adam Schefter takes the Patriots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Re: Ouch! But what do those guys know, right?

No one knows that is why it is called PREDICTION Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Yeah, but we got Schefty.  Pretty sure he made a deal with Satan to get his info, so maybe he can predict the future as well.  LMAO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, but we got Schefty.  Pretty sure he made a deal with Satan to get his info, so maybe he can predict the future as well.  LMAO.

[/QUOTE]

Schefty knows all...everyone bows to SChefty...even Mort is a convert these days

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

When there are two relatively even teams involved and everybody is going one way, go the other.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When there are two relatively even teams involved and everybody is going one way, go the other.

[/QUOTE]

you see an even game Muzzy?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

All depends on Talib's condition. I'll assume he is in normal shape.

I do not think anyone can shutdown PM, but I do believe that the Pats D (yes, the Pats D) can slow down DEN's O.

The key is jamming the receivers at the LOS. Without that, you have no chance. Manning was releasing the ball really quickly against KCC, completely renderring KCC's pass rush useless. You need to disrupt those quick passes.

On the other side of the ball (O)

I believe there will be an all out attempt to pressure TB, early. DEN will be vulnerable to combination of quick passes DA and RG underneath, draws, and screens outside. Once they settle a little bit, I think Pats' power run game has the ability to overpower the #4 run D. They showed they can do it against the #3 run D last week.

I think Pats win this one 31 - 21

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:

Leon will take the Bronco's giving 2.5. Anybody care to bet?

I will take you up on this bet. I'll take the Pats getting 2.5. Loser leaves the board for a week (can't post until December 2nd...a week from the day after the game).

Deal?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you see an even game Muzzy?

[/QUOTE]

I don't see a blowout one way or the other. 2.5 pt spread seems about right. I think it will be somewhat high scoring. Cold and wind helps the Pats. 31-28 type of game, either way.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I do not think anyone can shutdown PM, but I do believe that the Pats D (yes, the Pats D) can slow down DEN's O.

The key is jamming the receivers at the LOS. Without that, you have no chance. Manning was releasing the ball really quickly against KCC, completely renderring KCC's pass rush useless. You need to disrupt those quick passes.

I believe there will be an all out attempt to pressure TB, early. DEN will be vulnerable to combination of quick passes DA and RG underneath, draws, and screens outside. Once they settle a little bit, I think Pats' power run game has the ability to overpower the #4 run D. They showed they can do it against the #3 run D last week.

[/QUOTE]

the Key is a rainy field. The "PM cant win in the cold" is over blown. Where he struggles is on a slow field. If there is rain and wind, and the Broncos have to run the ball and stop the run, the PAts have the advantage.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the Key is a rainy field. The "PM cant win in the cold" is over blown. Where he struggles is on a slow field. If there is rain and wind, and the Broncos have to run the ball and stop the run, the PAts have the advantage.

[/QUOTE]

I did no realize rain was in the forecast. I knew it was going to be cold. Rain will completely make this a different game. It definitely could hamper DEN passing game. I say DEN because TB always played well in precipitation. Only question is if the receivers will hold on to the wet ball.

Smother WW at the LOS, just enough for him to lose his footing a bit. That should disrupt the timing enough. All other passes will eb difficult for PM.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I did no realize rain was in the forecast. I knew it was going to be cold. Rain will completely make this a different game. It definitely could hamper DEN passing game. I say DEN because TB always played well in precipitation. Only question is if the receivers will hold on to the wet ball.

Smother WW at the LOS, just enough for him to lose his footing a bit. That should disrupt the timing enough. All other passes will eb difficult for PM.

[/QUOTE]

No rain in the forecast just cold and windy. the forecast calls for temps in the mid 20's with a wind chill in the low teens/high single digits. very windy gusts up to 25mph.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No rain in the forecast just cold and windy. the forecast calls for temps in the mid 20's with a wind chill in the low teens/high single digits. very windy gusts up to 25mph.

[/QUOTE]

nice!!!..........Manning hates the cold.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Not everyone has to "like" your team to win every game.  What makes this one a bit tougher to take is the Pats are playing at home when most of us think the Pats would be the pick all the time.  Roll clock back to AFCCG of 2012.. 'nuff said!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Patriots 45-17.  This is an old fashioned blowout of epic beatdown proportions.  ONly the Roger Goodell loving Jets know this feeling...   (45-3....roger?) 

Brady Belichick are pissed beyond the spygate threshold into another stratosphere and Gomer senses it.  The happy feet go into overdrive.  Punishing hits over the middle reduce the  Broncos to a cowering ducking timid aligator arms bunch of weenies... Brady channels this destruction like no other and surgically delivers lasers that Gronk Edelman,and Amendola catch with ease and punishing efficiency.   Astonishing that none of the socalled experts other than Shefter can see this playing out. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

coolade...  a lot of Pats fans wish this!  But, to hold Denver to 17 points with the decimated defense the Pats have?  Confidence is not high for that type of score, but to win the game, is a different matter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In response to mgraham's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    RG   I had to think twice    just say GRONK!

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the cold weather is a concern to me because I think this may be a new situation for Amendola ( dome guy before) and Thompkins , Dobson. Dont know how many cold weather games were played at Cinn or Marshall

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It gets plenty cold in the mountains of W. Virginia or in Cincy in Novermber and early December.

Not concerned about them whatsoever.  

[/QUOTE]

That is encouraging 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

I hope these rosy predictions are right.  I love my Pats, but our D is just too injured to contain Manning.  I guess if we throw 55 on the scoreboard we have a chance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mgraham's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the cold weather is a concern to me because I think this may be a new situation for Amendola ( dome guy before) and Thompkins , Dobson. Dont know how many cold weather games were played at Cinn or Marshall

[/QUOTE]

Good point.  Can the rookies handle it? It's not just the cold weather for this game.  It is cold weather, Gomer, a very important game, Sunday night game, big pressure.  Will certainly be interesting to see how the rookies and inexperienced players handle all these factors.