Our Best LB is!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Our Best LB is!

Brandon Spikes byad far over mayo had 9 total tackles huge int(that Brady wasted) actually made plasy close to line of scrimmage mayo all he does is tackle guys after a 7 yard gain.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Our Best LB is!

He had a great game and we need another one like it in 2 weeks. Glad he is back more than anyone else on this defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Spikes and Mayo are both very good, but they do different things.

If you appreciate an instinctive, high-energy, big-play, destructive force, your eyes will be drawn to Spikes.

If you appreciate disciplined, fundamental tackling, production, and the intelligence to put other teammates in the right place, you'll be drawn to Mayo.

I'm glad we have BOTH of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Thought Mayo was great today. Spikes had his moments too, but he's going to see Vontae Leach in his sleep.  He is a great fullback.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

They are both very good, but Spikes has been great lately. That interception was (should have been) money.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

In Response to Our Best LB is!:
    [QUOTE]Brandon Spikes byad far over mayo had 9 total tackles huge int(that Brady wasted) actually made plasy close to line of scrimmage mayo all he does is tackle guys after a 7 yard gain.
    Posted by Bspikes55[/QUOTE]

Spikes had a good game. I really like Spikes. He has a tenacity the Pats D desperately needs. However if all you think Mayo does for this defense is "tackle guys after a 7 yard game" you:

1. Don't understand anything about the LB position
    2. Don't understand defense
    3. Probably never played football other than 5 on 5 flag, if even that.

Mayo is the leader of this defense. He calls the signals, makes adjustments, and makes plays. Without Mayo, this defense would have been a lot worse than what they were this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Spikes's interception was a spectacularly athletic play.  Momentum going one way, had to kind of twist over his shoulder to catch that ball.  Almost looked like he caught it one handed and controlled it. 

Probably should've ended the game, too, if not for the ensuing bomb for a pick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Still Mayo, Spikes stepped up on the INT

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

definitely a key piece but i would not say he outplayed nink, mayo and anderson. i think they all played really well today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Wilfork was a freaking beast today.  Flacco played with a lot of guts back there.  On one of their scores in the third, Flacco scampered up the left sideline for 20+ yards.  There was a hold on the play that could not have been more obvious, and I think it was against Vince.  Play never should have happened.  Wilfork should've had a sack on that play.