our secondary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Re: our secondary

PhatRex,

you should focus on Monday nights game.  Then you can start worrying about the next week.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

PhatRex didn't watch the game. It's obvious.  NE's D played well and were all over the field. That includes the secondary.

I still can't believe that ref missed the Merriweather INT. What a bag job.  He had it, was down and Shipley was making contact with him.  It was clear as day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

lol at phattyrex over here. Id give this to the Bengals, their offense is better then the Jests. There you go, if you expect Sanchez to pass for anywhere close to 350 next week, you are sadly mistaken. Oh yeah, I forgot, those 350 yards weren't enough to even get close to beating the Pats today.

Our secondary and defense in general took the Bengals apart in the first half, allowing the offense plenty of opportunities to score, which they did. Your saying we will fail against a half decent defensive team? The Bengals were a top 10 defense in the NFL last year, they aren't half decent? REALLY? ok, keep dreaming.

The only thing that will make this opening weekend better is a loss by the Jests. Colts are 0-1, Pats are 1-0 after a dominating performance and a loss on MNF by the Jests will cap this perfect weekend off.

Not to mention your logic is flawed, check out Payton's stats, crazy and bloated yet the colts still lost. He had 433 Yards passing yet the colts lost by double digits.

Heres the part your fat head cant comprehend. When the game began, BB had the D playing to shut the Bengals down and get the ball to our offense, which they succeeded at. We were up 24-3 at the Half and Carson Palmer, minus the meaningless Hail Mary, had only around 80 yards passing.

After the kickoff return for TD, we were up 31-3 and our defensive plan went from " let's get the ball back to our O" to " lets prevent any quick scores" Its called Vanila D because its man purpose is to prevent big plays and quick scores. Here is where Palmer got his bloated stats, when we were playing simple zone preventing any deep and big plays. They toned down the aggresiveness because we no longer needed our O to put up points. If you can't comprehend this, you must be pretty damn stupid.

When it mattered, our D shut the Bengals O down and gave our Offense the ball back.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Just watching the Eagles/GB game and saw Assante drop a sure interception, then saw Hobbs let Jennings run right by for a way-too-easy 32 yd TD.

Glad to have our young guys over these 2.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: our secondary:
    [QUOTE]I bet you really believe that.  Dude, the D got lit up against an average offensive team.  350 yards passing?  That IS sick.  This team is in trouble against any half decent defense.  Can't expect a defensive and special teams TD every game.  But you can expect to give up 300 yards passing.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

You are such a Knucklehead.  You didn't even watch the game.  Stupid Tool.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: our secondary : I realized a long time ago that I cannot actually influence an NFL game.  It was a very difficult realization, at the time, but I am better off for it.  I was about six, You should try it out.

So........ you only figured this out 5 years ago?  Wow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

I don't know if McCourty is a cover corner yet,but if I'm a D coordinator, he looks like you throw his way and bad things can happen....can't teach that....you got it or you don't....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to our secondary:
    [QUOTE]Man, our secondary would have been sick with Bodden in. can you imagine McCourty as our third CB! too bad we have Wilhite who's gonna be targeted like crazy over the year. the guy is just bad plain and simple.
    Posted by bkoo72[/QUOTE]

I do think they would be considered pretty darn good with Bodden, he was the best guy in the secondary in my opinion. I think they are good right now. McCourtney looks very good, but he'll have his stumbles. Butler does struggle, but he has probably as much or more talent than anyone back there. Wheatly could be a very good slot guy for us, but he never will be healthy or dependable. Chung was a beast today and the guy they got from KC may help as well, he's got size and was tendered at the second round level. We shall see, they should be good, a lot of these guys are first or second round picks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

They were OK.  Luckily they have the Jets then Buffalo to learn aganst the next two weeks.  Hopefully, they learn something and make fewer mistakes before they face some elite passing games again. 

I'm not dismissing those two teams, but I think if the Pats struggle with those teams it probably won't be because of the pass defense....hopefully.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rover222. Show rover222's posts

Todays FAIR grades

31 Brandon  B  did not start ?????
    24 Jonathan  B
    36 Sanders C
    28  Darious C
    25 Patrick B+ SOLID GAME

32 Devin  A   Great things to come

Your thoughts ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: our secondary : So........ you only figured this out 5 years ago?  Wow.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

haha

PhatRex on edge with tomorrow night's game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I'll say it now.

McCourtey is a shut down corner. The reason Butler was picked on in the 2nd half was because Palmer was going away from McCourtey.

Butler needs to stop looking back at the QB so much. Butler actually had tight coverage most of the time. When he looks back at the QB, he would instinctively slow down a little and allow OchoCinco to make a play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Its tough to think about next year but just thinking about the future of these guys its going to be great.

They just need to learn how to play 4 quarters of football lol. They need to draft another corner next year 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SaugusPatsFan. Show SaugusPatsFan's posts

GadisRKO, I'm with you.  The Pats made the Bengals use a lot of clock to get their scores in the second half, the only long play was the 28-yard TD pass to Ochocinco.  Most of the catches had no significant YAC.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Apparently, Carson Palmer was impressed with this supposed "bad NE D".

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4683195/palmer-impressed-with-pats-plan-on-d

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

The Pats played great against a very good offensive and defensive team.  Many of the TV talking heads picked the Bengals to win.  The Pats totally controlled the game and then in the 2nd half went into a cover 2 giving up meaningless statistics with the only goal to win the game.  It was strange seeing Gostkowski miss 2 FG;'s he usually makes or it would have been more of a slaughter.  The Cincy newspapers called it a spanking, and said the yards and stats in the 2nd half were window dressing.  Typical Patriots style.  Great to see!  So much for all the haters. otherwise known as losers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Can you imagine being a pathetic loser who has to spend his life hating a team that has had so much success while his team has s**cked?  Welcome to the world of Phat Rex.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from konsumers. Show konsumers's posts

The secondary already had some buzz about it going in to the season, they're young but talented.  Most observers feel as though this is the best colllection of talent BB has had back there.  Devin Mc and Chung are future Pro-bowlers and Merriweather/Butler will be very solid players.

Stop and pay attention to what BB is doing with this defense, he's got his secondary and ILB positions set for the foreseeable future. He spends his 4 early picks on OLB and DL. The Pats D going into 2012 will be considered one of the best in league, book it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]I bet you really believe that.  Dude, the D got lit up against an average offensive team.  350 yards passing?  That IS sick.  This team is in trouble against any half decent defense.  Can't expect a defensive and special teams TD every game.  But you can expect to give up 300 yards passing.

Rex I have to agree with you, the only BIG difference I see form last year is Chung. He was fast, hit hard and was all ove rthe place, last year I thought he would be useless.

I think when the Patriots play against a strong defense this year its going to be tough for them, the Patriot defense will get killed in short yardage plays and gains with a hot team.  Brady is going to have to score 45 to 50 points in these type games if they are to win

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats played great against a very good offensive and defensive team.  Many of the TV talking heads picked the Bengals to win.  The Pats totally controlled the game and then in the 2nd half went into a cover 2 giving up meaningless statistics with the only goal to win the game.  It was strange seeing Gostkowski miss 2 FG;'s he usually makes or it would have been more of a slaughter.  The Cincy newspapers called it a spanking, and said the yards and stats in the 2nd half were window dressing.  Typical Patriots style.  Great to see!  So much for all the haters. otherwise known as losers.
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

Yup. The suppose vaunted run game of Cincy only got 3.5 yards per carry, too.

Prior to the prevent D in the 3rd quarter, NE dominated and confused Cincy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I thought the secondary played very well overall.  Second half isn't too much of a concern for me because the Pats went to soft coverage, with the corners playing well back.  They were just keeping stuff in front of them, preventing the big play, and letting the Bengals eat up clock.  When you're up by four touchdowns, you don't need to be super aggressive on defense, you just need to slow the other team's offense down so they can't score fast and they run out of time.  That was the strategy in the second half. 

Butler did struggle with Ochocinco in the second half and that has to be a concern, but (if I remember right) he also wasn't getting much safety help against a very talented receiver.  We'll have to watch him in coming games to see how he holds up.  

Wilhite did make a few good plays, which is encouraging--he looked pretty good covering the slot receiver.  McCourty was excellent, staying with his man and being in position to make plays when the ball was thrown. Would have liked to see him matched up against Ochocinco more. 

Chung was a beast. Sanders struggled with big guys (helpless on the touchdown pass to the TE), but was serviceable.

Guyton and Mayo were good in coverage too--I felt like they both played very well yesterday.   Overall was a pretty good showing against a team that has some decent offensive firepower.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from konsumers. Show konsumers's posts

I think when the Patriots play against a strong defense this year its going to be tough for them, the Patriot defense will get killed in short yardage plays and gains with a hot team.  Brady is going to have to score 45 to 50 points in these type games if they are to win

A duh, the pats did play against one of the better Defenses from a year ago, take a look around this league where are the 85 Bears?  I don't see any. Again, a team with Palmer/Ochocinco/T.O/Benson/Grisham is a loaded offensive team that will put up a lot of points this year.

The Pats now have speed on Defense, speed can cover up a lot of ills, this team will create turnovers and get their hands on a lot of passes. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

Where's the jacka s s that was saying Butler was garbage? Shows what you know about footrball dipstick. We might have some rough spots this season but I personally think these guys are going to be one of the top DB tandems in the NFL in the future. Two aggressive,smart,quick and fast corners that close on the ball,something you can't coach and are both gamers. WOW that is a hard combo of skills to beat! I'm excited.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Hey Fat pr-ck! Can not wait for the Jets game tonight. You s--k and so will your team. enjoy hanging with the colts fans tomorrow. See you next week d--k head