1. Randy Moss
    2. David Patten
    3. Julian Edelmen 
    4. Brandon Tate
    5. Damian Williams (Rookie)
    6. Scott Long (Rookie)
    7. Sam Aiken (Special Teams)
    8. Trindon Holliday (Rookie/KR/PR)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

Re: Our WR's Opening Day

And a QB to be named later-Brady is a no show so far ...right?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nobody asked you. If you're going to be a jacka**, do it amongst people that are as obsessed and as pathetic as you, if they do in fact exist. Otherwise, get out.

On topic, I think that is a very solid group of receivers. I think that Damian Williams brings what this offense needs - a wideout that knows how to get open when covered 1 on 1 (and possess a sound pair of hands). I like seeing Sam Aiken that far down on the list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

Personally, I have no issue with Brady training away from Foxboro. Jerry Rice never trained with the 49ers, and I think his career turned out alright.

If the Pats wideouts are so funny, care to share the names of your receivers?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

Like the list, however:

- I dont think Patten will be no.2 reciever. I have a feeling patriots sign another veteran WR between now and kickoff. Someone either through FA (Hope not, aint much left) or RFA (Floyd springs to mind). I wouldn't be surprised if Patten is simply another body for training camp and is cut afterwards.

- If no veteran WR is signed, Id like to see a rookie or Tate take over the No.2 spot. Its time to throw them in the deep end to either sink or swim. We need some young, energetic and explosive talent at no.2/3

- I have high hopes for Tate this year. I think he shines on our offense and perhaps as return man also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Starting 5 WR's Opening Day

I doubt very seriously that the Patriots enter the season with 2 rookies at the WR position. Edelman is no longer a rookie but both a draft choice and Tate would be rookies. I can't see that happening.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

i hope we get damian williams, hes a beast who has it all, honestly he might be the best WR in the draft next to golden tate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FloridaPats. Show FloridaPats's posts

i like the WR corps u posted but imo, i think this is what it would be like.
    1. Randy Moss
    2.Brandon Tate
    3. Damian Williams/Jullian Edleman
    4. David Patten
    5 Sam Akien/ Chris Long

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I herd we were still waiting to hear back from this dude also.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I think Reed eventually makes his way here.  And there is no doubt that the Pats take a WR somewhere in this draft, maybe two of them. 

But there is no way the Pats use their #1 on a WR, and I doubt they even use a #2.  They will look to add a pass rusher at DE/OLB and load up on big bodies on the OL and DL.  I daresay they may even take a TE in Rd. 2 before a WR.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

This is what I would like to see,

Moss
    Tate
    Draft Demaryius Thomas
    Edelman
    Draft Andre Roberts
    Patten makes the team
    Welker is not brought back until he is ready and not hurt himself more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Patten wasn't brought in to be a productive receiver.  Belichick values his experience in the system and knowledge of the game.  He's a 5th WR at best if he makes the team.  Basically, he's like a WRs coach at this point.  In the meantime, he's mentoring the likes of Edelman and Tate and getting them ready for training camp.  Brandon Meriweather was saying how the addition of Corwin Brown has made a huge difference because of his experience playing the same position under Belichick.  I think Patten is here to basically provide the same level of player coaching. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Patten is not on this team

he is not troy brown

What are they going to do if he is a bust? they have to cut him, becasue he is not going to play special teams or nickel back for that matter

he is a one dementional player

i like the following

Randy Moss
    Wes Welker (week 9)
    Brandon Tate
    Julien Edleman
    Demaryious Thomas 6'4" fast (scout say he is like Randy Moss)
    CARLTON MITCHELL 6' 3" 4.49 (physical, with small receiver skills ala brandon marshall)
    Josh Reed
    Sam Aiken

Starting FIRST GAME

Randy Moss
    Julien Edleman
    Demaryious Thomas
    BRandon Tate

WOW, super fast and big BUT can they read defenses or are they like JOEY?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

I think this thread will look silly in a few months....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

This site has deffinately turned into a place for bandwagon idiots to whine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Our WR's Opening Day:
    This site has deffinately turned into a place for bandwagon idiots to whine.
    Posted by Evil2010

Technically, true.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toolfinder. Show toolfinder's posts

Spooky and Tag-a-long friends of the TOOLS.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Patten is not on this team he is not troy brown What are they going to do if he is a bust? they have to cut him, becasue he is not going to play special teams or nickel back for that matter he is a one dementional player i like the following Randy Moss Wes Welker (week 9) Brandon Tate Julien Edleman Demaryious Thomas 6'4" fast (scout say he is like Randy Moss) CARLTON MITCHELL 6' 3" 4.49 (physical, with small receiver skills ala brandon marshall) Josh Reed Sam Aiken Starting FIRST GAME Randy Moss Julien Edleman Demaryious Thomas BRandon Tate WOW, super fast and big BUT can they read defenses or are they like JOEY?
    Posted by tagandtrade

When is Carlton Mitchell supposed to be drafted?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Our WR's Opening Day:
    1. Randy Moss 2. David Patten 3. Julian Edelmen  4. Brandon Tate 5. Damian Williams (Rookie) 6. Scott Long (Rookie) 7. Sam Aiken (Special Teams) 8. Trindon Holliday (Rookie/KR/PR)
    Posted by deman3392

where is welker on that list? (yes i am aware his is on the IR list) add brandon Marshall to that list and i would feel great about that list.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

S-A, I wasn't taking a shot at you.  It was more general humor (attempted anyway) at the trend the last 2 years at signing older veteran receivers like DP and JG.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtg5017. Show gtg5017's posts

In Response to Our WR's Opening Day : where is welker on that list? (yes i am aware his is on the IR list) add brandon Marshall to that list and i would feel great about that list.
    Posted by natesubs

Are you SERIOUS?? You realize we would need to extend him, in addition to giving up a high draft pick right?? The pats have MANY needs, and they can't focus on JUST wide receiver. Sure maybe if i was playing Madden i'd say that would sound reasonable, but we're not. Belicheck himself said they didn't even consider Anquan Boldin, and the ravens got him for a 3rd and 4th rounder! Imagine how much more Marshall would cost the Pats, he's only 26! Bring in Josh Reed and draft another young receiver and that would certainly help. Brandon Tate showed some explosiveness in the few games he played, so if he steps up even just a bit, and they add Reed and a rookie WR, that's not a bad WR corp. Fans need to stop living in fantasy land.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Our WR's Opening Day:
    1. Randy Moss 2. David Patten 3. Julian Edelmen  4. Brandon TatePosted by deman3392

I agree with the these spots, but I'm sure BB will find a couple more qualaity WRs

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I say New England starts the season with these players at WR: 

Moss
    Tate
    Edelman
    Steve Long
    David Patten   

Around Week 10, 

Moss
    Tate
    Edelman
    Steve Long
    Wes Welker
    Patten (Cut to make room for Welker)

Around around the playoffs, 

Moss
    Welker (back in the slot)                   
    Long (surpasses Tate and plays opposite Moss)
    Tate
    Edelman

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Who is this Steve Long?  Scott Long could be a late round pick but passing Tate and Edelman during his rookie season is a bold prediction.  I predict pretty big things from both in their second seasons and a 6th-7th round rookie would have a tall task getting on the active list let alone starting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Who is this Steve Long?  Scott Long could be a late round pick but passing Tate and Edelman during his rookie season is a bold prediction.  I predict pretty big things from both in their second seasons and a 6th-7th round rookie would have a tall task getting on the active list let alone starting.
    Posted by pyegian

=) You know who I meant.