Our WR's Opening Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Re: Our WR's Opening Day

In Response to Re: Our WR's Opening Day:
    I think this thread will look silly in a few months....
    Posted by KellieMB

I concur  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Tcal2 post more appealing photo shots like KellieMB !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I say...
    EITHER first draft your OLB/DE-Pro OLB  OR  draft your 3-4 DE first (rd 1)...
    THEN If you're going for your #2 WR with that first pick of Rd 2, you hope WR Damian Williams is still available on he overall NFL Draft Selection Board...
    THEN If you've drafted Williams, You select WR Eric Decker in Rd 4 (IF he checks out medically), So that your wideouts are the following:

2010 wideouts
    #1 WR Randy Moss
    #2 WR Damian Williams & David Patten & Eric Decker (with Williams/Patten giving Moss a breaher @ #1 WR)
    #3 WR Julian Edelman & Brandon Tate 

2011 wideouts
    #1 WR Randy Moss (franchised for 1 year...IF holds out, Williams & FA acq.) & Damian Williams
    #2 WR Eric Decker & Brandon Tate
    #3 WR Wes Welker & Juliam Edelman

OR~

HOWEVER, an equally and perhaps more intriguing possibility, would be:
    IF NE leapfrogs down a few selection spots from #22 of Rd 1 in THIS 2010 Draft year...
    THEN selects a player who imo can be your true game-breaking wideout in the future like Moss currently is, by selecting WR Arrelious Benn-AND all the while picking up an extra selection like a late 3rd rder or 4th rder while doing so...
    THEN NE selects WR Eric Decker with their own 4th rder, and uses NE's own 6th rder AND that either late 3rd rder/early-4th rder, To Hop up to the 3rd rd, and thus NE still has three 2nd rders and now one 3rd rder to select 1 OLB, 1 3-4 DE, 1 OT, and 1 TE (in any order), AND So your wideouts are the following:

2010 wideouts
    #1 WR Randy Moss
    #2 WR David Patten & Arrelious Benn & Eric Decker (with Benn/Patten giving Moss breathers @ #1 WR)
    #3 WR Julian Edelman & Brandon Tate

2011 wideouts
    #1 WR Randy Moss (franchised for 1 year...IF no, Benn and FA acq.) & Arrelious Benn
    #2 WR Eric Decker & Brandon Tate
    #3 WR Wes Welker & Julian Edelman

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

Lazarus I agree. The first round pick should, in my opinion, only be used to obtain a DE, which, in this instance, would most likely be Jared Odrick, as he probably won't get out of the first round. The Pats, however, may opt for a different plan:

If the Pats aren't entirely sold on Odrick (or someone that won't last beyond the first round), then they would probably trade down several spots to try and pick up a 3rd or additional 4th round pick. In this scenario, I believe, like you, that the Pats would be wise to grab one of the top receivers in this class - be it Thomas, Williams, Benn, or even Tate. The one thing that concerns me about Benn is that I've read that his hands can be somewhat inconsisent. Perhaps this was a lack of focus brought on by this year's disaster of a season at Illinois, but I fear that he might become a Braylon Edwards Jr. once he reaches the NFL. Although, I could be wrong.

Personally, I would take either Odrick or Graham (if he's there) with the first pick, and then pray that Damian Williams is there at #44 (which there is a chance that he may be).

All this offense needs is: 1) for Tom Brady to stay healthy, 2) the O-Line to stay healthy, and 3) a sure-handed receiver that knows how to get open when Moss and whoever's in the slot are both covered. The Pats could use a new RB as well, but I'm more or less for using next year's Raiders pick on Mark Ingram. I just don't see any RB in this class supplanting even Maroney on the depth chart and providing a consistent threat out of the backfield.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

in other words,receivers are needed badly.