Outlook/Expectations for the Next Decade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Outlook/Expectations for the Next Decade

I think the Patriots are easily the team of the past decade and it's not even close.

With that in mind, reading all of the posts (depressing), one can conclude that this team/franchise has some glaring weaknesses. Some believe the problems are easier fixes while others believe the issues start from the top of the totem pole.

With the most picks in the upcoming draft and a past filled with good personnel decisions, good coaching, and nice utilization of talent, what are your expectations for this team in this next decade. How long does Brady play into this decade? Is he on the decline? When do we replace him? How will our offensive/defensive philosophy change? Which teams will pose the biggest threat(s)? Will the future of the NFL be a tough road for not just New England but all teams?

Fire away!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Re: Outlook/Expectations for the Next Decade

Brady had broken ribs and a non-existent OL. Does that matter at all?

Broken ribs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Brady and Moss on the decline, really. First off Randy has lost a step, but he lost it around 06' , hes just as fast now as he was in 07'. Ive been watching him since Marshell, one of the greatest and fastest players the league has ever seen. Again in 07' he lost a step from say 98'-04', around that time he put on a lil' weight and hurt his hamstring, thats when I noticed a tiny drop off. But he still has 3-4 years left of at least 11-1200 yards and 12-15 td's a year. If 12 is healthy early on, 81 has 1400 and 15-17 td's this year. IMHO 81 got 3-4 more really good years and 12 has about 5-6 years of very good ball left. Are we forgetting that this was his first post-injury year back? I mean are you serious? Sorry , but I think your way off on them 2, however this team has real needs about everywhere else. Welker was really good, but lets try to improve in that spot. Teams were more than happy to give him underneath all day, sorry but the guy didnt get into the end zone at all. 81 was are only scoring threat, thats crazy if you really think about it. What good teams out there have only one guy who is a consistent threat, none thats why their good. Listen we got real need everywhere, o-line, d-line, r/b, linebackers , both inside an out. The brightside is there is alot of talent out there in the draft and in F/A. Marshell, Breaston, Walter, Jackson, Sceffhller, Ruud, Ryans are just some of the very good players out there. I think ilb is as big of a need as outside, wrapping up was a huge issue all year. Rudd and Ryans are top 5 guys at that spot, Mayo mosdef needs help. Everyone just keeps repeating the same line about him, but I didnt see a stud at all this year. Yea I know he was hurt, but still didnt see anything that looked like a stud out there. And I want a olb as bad as anyone, trust me! But these olb's coming out this year dont stand out to me. Hughes and Wooten, ok I see some potential, but not first round potential, Ill take em in second, but saying their studs or will come in from jump and tear it up isnt being serious. They could, but have not shown that they can be franchise players so far. Olb is very hard to predict as Ive said before. And we need a 34 end as much as anything, I would have taken the 1st rd pick from the Raiders as well, but not having Sey really hurt us. Also everytime we have a big game, as Ive said before, our o-line is a rumor. We need to figure out if were going to try and be a run first(if we get a running game) or a pass first team. but that would require us to go out and get some rec's to help 12 and 81. Guys who get in the endzone, not just catch the ball ten yards out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Why are we even disscussing the Colts, Im sorry, but we have our own problems. Who cares about the most wins in the regular season or team of the decade BS. You wont be any good with thinking like that, the Sox were and are at their best when they said F U C K the yankees, lets do our own thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MossBradyChamps. Show MossBradyChamps's posts

Unfortunately if the Colts win the SB this year they will say they were the team of the decade. You will hear how the Pats benefited from spygate during thier SB championship years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dellinger. Show Dellinger's posts

Moss: People can say what they will, but the end result is still the same: 4 Super Bowl appearances. 3 Super Bowl victories. Enough said!

Maritime: I agree with you that BB's basic philosophy is not the problem, the issue is finding the group of players that will best carry on this philosophy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

The last few seasons we have started a rebuilding effort on defense. When you figure this team doesn not have Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi, Colvin, Samuel, Hobbs, Harrison, Wilson, all starters in 2007 your going to see the level of D go down. Rookies very rarely step in and from day 1 are all pro's thoes that do are the exception and not the rule. So we have to be patient with some, they will eventually get it, and some won't. Hopefully we will find enough who can play in the NFL and once they gel we could have a effective defense for the next 5-10 years.

Offense needs a real OC. I expect to see some rebuilding done first in the RB area were we have one of the oldest backfields in the league. We'll continue to see new OL added along with some additions to TE and WR. I don't expect to see any change at QB next year with Brady and Hoyer holding that position down.

Going forward with the continued rebuilding effort, no CBA might make for now what looks like a boring FA (boy I was wrong thinking it would be a fun offseason there). I see another rebuilding 10-6 season next year, we just need another year as more young potential slowly becomes talent, and as the offense continues to make some adjustments. If we can get the right cogs in place on defense and our offense starts playing in the 2nd half I think this team will once again enter in Super Bowl discussions in 2011. This is a huge draft where we will need to land some players that can start in this league and play at a high level, so lets hope the Pats brass will make some good decisions.