Over and Under/Defense Points Allowed 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Re: Over and Under/Defense Points Allowed 2010

Over - Still too many questions on your defense AND a tougher schedule this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Under 250

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Because the Pats are awesome.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Over, but slightly. 

Think there are some teams they play that will put up points: Vikes, Colts, and Packers for example. Plus Miami and the Jets' QB positions should be a bit better with 1 year of experience. 

Typical bend but don't break, expect similar results. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Under - the main reason being...The Offense. We will be ale to extend drives this year doing a better job with T.O.P, thus keeping the defense fresh and taking off a little pressure.

Also am I wrong or has history shown us that team chemistry grows from year to year? We have LOTS of young guys who are growing up before our eyes in BB's defensive system. They are almost all 1st,2nd or 3rd rd draft picks with a few 4rths sprinkled in. It is only reasonable to assume each individual defensive player makes a considerable jump from last year which translates to the unit playing better.

If this defense can gel together and play up to their collective potential then we may see a dominate Patriot team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Over and Under/Defense Points Allowed 2010:
    [QUOTE]So, there were less questions last year v.s. this year?  lol Underoos logic!
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that, but I am not sure your defense will be better this year than last year.  If the same, the harder schedule should put you over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I think we could see less than 285 because Our offense will be on the field longer.
    Still looking for and hoping to see a better running game than last year.
    Atlanta can score points. We'll get a good look tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Under 260.  Even if pass rush is only marginally better than last year, secondary will be much improved and run D should be very much improved. (Yes, I know they have a tough schedule.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Minuses:  Ty Warren isn't even playing, although he was mediocre last year.

Plusses:  Spikes is new and he's starting.  Apparently McCourty is starting.  Chung is definitely better.  Cunningham was a scratch for the New Orleans game but he may be starting.  Burgess was just getting used to playing OLB around last December.  The Patriots had only ten-sack Banta-Cain last year but that shortcoming may be ancient history.

More minor plusses:  Ron Brace wasn't that good but he reportedly (per Caserio) might be a little better than last year, if he's over that hammy.  Butler really goofed it up last week but overall he's a bit more experienced and he won an offseason award.

Zoltan the Magnificent will apparently give the defense a little more room.  Brady, a pile of receivers and better tight end blocking in the red zone will give the Patriots defense even less time on the field to goof up.

I'll go with seriously under.  240 points would be 15 points a game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I'll call your 240 and raise you 20 - 220.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

My response can be read here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Thanks for the link.  Really shows you the sustained excellence of our team - I wonder what the league average is over that time?

One more thought - dang our 2006 D was good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: Over and Under/Defense Points Allowed 2010:
    [QUOTE]I'll call your 240 and raise you 20 - 220.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]
    OK, it's possible, but they've never gotten that low before in the 2000s.  They only broke 240 twice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Under...

Looking forward to a lot of improvements along the front seven. Mayo will be healthy and has depth at his position. Wilfork has his contract. The secondary will be better which could possibly mask some of the pass rush defeciencies.  And finally, the dynasty is over & a new era begins (less pressure & expectations).