overlooked observation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

overlooked observation

I made some correct and incorrect observations this summer while watching training camp and preseason games.

One player that I was pretty high on, that has not shown up yet, was Svitek. It appears that he is practicing and played a snap last week, and ready to start playing more snaps...I think he will be another level of improvement to the OL..allowing the PAts to rotate 7 OL keeping everyone fresh.

I felt that the OL this past week was at times dominant, but also at times clearly confused, tired and beaten...fresh OL hopefully will allow the team to play no huddle as often as they wish, strengthen the run game as well as the pass pro.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: overlooked observation

Just glad they have good enough depth and versatility to take the time to let him get right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

rkarp...  "practice" is just that practice.  As much intensity as there may be in the pre-season, it most likely does not come close to matching game conditions, especially in the regular season. 

That may be part of the issues we see with the offense.  The brilliance the rookie receivers showed in practice and the pre-season is slowly coming together as the season progresses.  That may be what has been frustrating Brady.   He sees what they do in practice and then it doesn't happen in the real game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

rkarp...  "practice" is just that practice.  As much intensity as there may be in the pre-season, it most likely does not come close to matching game conditions, especially in the regular season. 

That may be part of the issues we see with the offense.  The brilliance the rookie receivers showed in practice and the pre-season is slowly coming together as the season progresses.  That may be what has been frustrating Brady.   He sees what they do in practice and then it doesn't happen in the real game.

[/QUOTE]

I dont agree with either statement

Thompkins and Dobson have been bobbling balls since OTA's and all thru camp.

For me, the only rookie surprise was Sudfeld. I thought he would contribute in the passing game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

rkarp...  Brady may have seen different things you have unless you were there 100% of the time regarding the receiver corps.  Either way, the team has to deal with it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For me, the only rookie surprise was Sudfeld. I thought he would contribute in the passing game.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it's just me, but it seemed he was never able to get open.  I, too, was surprised at his inability to carve out a role for himself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it's just me, but it seemed he was never able to get open.  I, too, was surprised at his inability to carve out a role for himself.

[/QUOTE]

it appeared to me that he was physically overwhelmed. classic example of a talented guy that could help in 1-2 years if allowed to sit on the PS for the year and get stronger and better learn the system

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it appeared to me that he was physically overwhelmed. classic example of a talented guy that could help in 1-2 years if allowed to sit on the PS for the year and get stronger and better learn the system

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think so.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah he had issues getting open but he had athletic ability and good hands to make catches in traffic in the preseason. Usually the hands and athletic ability translate to the field better than quick moves, at least in the early going. To see that disappear in the couple games he was in was a bit of a shock. I don't think I expected much from him but less than a handful of rec's a game I thought were possible given he was most likely going into mismatch situations where he could take advantage of those athletic abilities and make a couple catches. But, his hands were not as advertised. A couple years I think he'll turn into a well rounded #2 type TE but that is a couple years away