Owners wealth compared to influence in NFL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Owners wealth compared to influence in NFL

I have seen this question asked on a regular basis so here
    are the top 10 owners in terms of wealth and this does not include the worth of the franchise in question which would add somewhere around 1.3 billion (likely more now with Patriot Place) for example to Krafts wealth due to owning the stadium and team etc.: 
    Paul Allen of the Seahawks over 16 billion
    Stephen Ross of the Miami Dolphins 4.5 billion
    Malcom Glazer Tampa Bay Bucs 2.5 billion
    Stan Kronke St Louis Rams 2.2 billion
    Robert Kraft Patriots 1.7 billion
    Randy Lerner Browns 1.6 billion
    Arthur Blank Falcons  1.5 billion
    Jerry Jones Cowboys 1.4 bilion
    Bob Mcnair Texans 1.4 billion
    Steve Biscotti Baltimore 1.3 Billion

An interesting connection is to then compare with the top 10 most influential NFL owners according to an article by Michael Silver who did a nice job outlining why he ranks this way:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-ownerrankingsparttwo090309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
    1. Robert Kraft Patriots
    2. Jerry Jones Cowboys
    3. Jerry Richardson Carolina
    4. Dan Rooney Pittsburg
    5. John Mara/Steve Tish Giants
    6. Bob McNair Houston
    7. Jim Irsay Indy
    8. Dan Snyder Washington
    9. Brian, Joel, and Ed Glazer Tampa Bay
    10.  Steve Biscotti Baltimore

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Owners wealth compared to influence in NFL

I find it interesting the top 4 in terms of wealth are not even in top 10 of influence only 4 of the top 10 make both lists... just an interesting set of facts.
    Thought many would find it interesting as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Paul Allen could get Peppers and not even sneeze ....  Too bad he's not as stupid as Dan the man Snyder !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

If you're going to add the stadium and Patriot Place to Kraft's wealth then you should deduct how much he still owes the banks. I seriously doubt he paid cash to have them built. In fact he's probably lost money on Patriot Place. Eateries, shopping and bars aren't exactly flourishing since the economy tanked. Since I'm stuck in upstate NY I've never been there. Anyone know what the occupancy rate is there?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

makes you wonder why deals cant get done with some of these players,not to mention there shouldnt be any reason a good free agent cant be signed by the pats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Funny that Glazer's on the list of richest owners.  Word around here is that he's choking on all the debt he incurred to buy Manchester United.  Supposedly he's even trying to sell their stadium but keep the team.  TB was way under the cap last yr and have hinted already that they won't be players for any big free agents this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Yeah Glazer was a suprise and these figures were up to date as of about 4 months ago. I am not sure his numbers include the Manchester united ownership because these were in context of wealth minus any holdings in the sports world.