Parcells regrets leaving the Patriots.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Parcells regrets leaving the Patriots.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4744743/parcells-on-regrets-with-patriots

article posted on Boston ESPN.

Think of how different the Patriots would be if Parcells had stayed.

First no brady  I doubt very much he would have drafted him- after all Bledsoe was his guy.

No Superbowl  wins, because Bledsoe couldn't get it done.

I don't think he regrets it at all-he's just cleaning up some messes before he's inducted into the Hall of fame.

Kraft says he would have done differently also-- Bob you are a religious man--its not nice to lie.

Do any of you think the team would be as successful if Parcells had stayed.?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Parcells regrets leaving the Patriots.

Based on the way Parcells left NE I have only disdain for him. Great HC but he is a carpetbagger and to be nice I will just use the word disingenuous.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

His pressers were pretty funny...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Give me a break, Bill, will you please?  He was negotiating with the Jets while he should have been devoting all of his time and energy to preparing the Pats to play the Packers in the SB.  Disingenuous indeed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont think Parcells said he regrets leaving...I believe he said he regrets how things were handled with his leaving. Big difference.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Based on the way Parcells left NE I have only disdain for him. Great HC but he is a carpetbagger and to be nice I will just use the word disingenuous.

Carpetbagger? You guys are so old, you're using 1800 Southern terminologies. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE] 

[/QUOTE]

(Crotchety voice) Why in our day, sonny, we had to actually get off the couch to change the channel on the tv and then adjust the rabbit ears afterwards.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

just channeling my inner 6th grade history lessons.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

(Crotchety voice) Why in our day, sonny, we had to actually get off the couch to change the channel on the tv and then adjust the rabbit ears afterwards.

It's a good thing you can't see me waving my cane in anger!!! LMAO

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

It's a good thing you can't see me waving my cane in anger!!! LMAO

[/QUOTE]

I'd wave mine back in response but I can't seem to remember where I put it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4744743/parcells-on-regrets-with-patriots

article posted on Boston ESPN.

Think of how different the Patriots would be if Parcells had stayed.

First no brady  I doubt very much he would have drafted him- after all Bledsoe was his guy.

No Superbowl  wins, because Bledsoe couldn't get it done.

I don't think he regrets it at all-he's just cleaning up some messes before he's inducted into the Hall of fame.

Kraft says he would have done differently also-- Bob you are a religious man--its not nice to lie.

Do any of you think the team would be as successful if Parcells had stayed.?

I saw this post this morning and I just felt the need to respond.  The problem is, I can't post from work.  So before I do turn in this evening, I have to say one thing.  The shot at Bledsoe is so wrong.  You are going to make the determination that he couldn't get it done because on the one occasion that he helped get us to the Super Bowl, we didn't win the game?  Sorry, that is way off base.  Had we had a coach who was a little more focused on the team and the game, and not so much on planning his escape to NY, who knows how that game turns out?  How many coaches did Bledsoe play for?  He did not have the luxury of a consistent team leader that Brady has had.  I think that had quite a bit to do with his development, or lack thereof.  By the way...he did help us get to two Super Bowls.  Brady has gotten to five and has helped us win 3.  Bledsoe helped us get to two, but only got to play in one.  I'm not saying that Bledsoe was as good as Brady, but he was certainly a very good quarterback and a benefit to this team.

That is all.  Have a pleasant evening.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I find it humorous that many of the same people who credit BB for the subsequent success of the Ravens after he was booted out give zero credit to Parcells for his part in building what would be a dynasty for the Pats. Some just like to have their cake and eat it too.

If Parcells was given the absolute authority BB has, he likely would have stayed.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Maybe. Maybe not. Parcells definitely had little patience for BS. And in any organization that was providing that he had a quick trigger finger to fire the "see ya" bullet. We don't know all the details, but we do know about the Glenn situation and we do know Kraft has admitted he could have handled things better as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I find it humorous that many of the same people who credit BB for the subsequent success of the Ravens after he was booted out give zero credit to Parcells for his part in building what would be a dynasty for the Pats. Some just like to have their cake and eat it too.

If Parcells was given the absolute authority BB has, he likely would have stayed.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

I don't know what kind of success BP would have had as a GM, but I certainly agree  that he helped put together a formidable team before he left.  Who knows what might have been accomplished, if he had stuck around for a few more years?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Give me a break, Bill, will you please?  He was negotiating with the Jets while he should have been devoting all of his time and energy to preparing the Pats to play the Packers in the SB.  Disingenuous indeed.

ATJ I think you summed it pretty well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

Maybe. Maybe not. Parcells definitely had little patience for BS. And in any organization that was providing that he had a quick trigger finger to fire the "see ya" bullet. We don't know all the details, but we do know about the Glenn situation and we do know Kraft has admitted he could have handled things better as well.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't argue that point. The premise for my post is the way he left NE. He had a contract from the Jet's in his pocket a week before the SB. I am not saying they would have won but c'mon SB preparation week and he already has his foot out the door. Sorry, like I said great HC but as a NE fan nothing but disdain for him.