Parcells Showcasing Failed Personnel Approach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Parcells Showcasing Failed Personnel Approach

He's never built a winner as GM:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a613d9/article/cutting-their-losses-dolphins-cut-grove-one-year-after-signing?module=HP_headlines2col

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Parcells Showcasing Failed Personnel Approach

I just saw something this morning that Parcells is stepping aside as GM and will just be a consultant. The guy has the attention span of a 5 year old.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

In Response to Re: Parcells Showcasing Failed Personnel Approach:
    [QUOTE]Russ, Help me out here, when has he ever won anything w/o BB? I mean, I don't dislike the Tuna but isn't he over-hyped? He became this big bad NFL head coach from his arrogant post game press interviews, not coaching because BB was responsible for that. btw-have you had a chance to meet Leon (Master Hess)?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

He hasn't. That's the point.  When is time ended in NY with the Jets, he's been a .500 coach and hasn't accomplished much of anything as a GM.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Really? So I guess turning around the Giants, Jets, Patriots, Cowboys, and Dolphins from losing teams to playoff teams makes him a failed GM. You guys are really out of your collective minds. Before Parcells arrived in NE they won 2 games. They made it to the superbowl. The Jets were worse than the Patriots and they made it to the AFC Championship game. The Cowboys were in a low point in their history and turned them into a playoff team that was one fumbled kick away from the NFC championship game. The Dolphins were 1 and 15 and won the division the following year with the biggest turnaround in NFL history. They now have the youngest team in Football and many are picking them to win the division including New England's own Boston Globe. I'd say he's one of the most successful GM's in Football history. This is one of the most idiotic posts I've seen on this board. It must be Russ..no one else can be so historically stupid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Parcells Showcasing Failed Personnel Approach : He hasn't. That's the point.  When is time ended in NY with the Jets, he's been a .500 coach and hasn't accomplished much of anything as a GM.
    Posted by NoPinkHatPatsFans[/QUOTE]

Russ, why do they keep giving you the boot? Anyway one thing Parcells has done is get his teams out of the gutter. He has done it with his last 3 teams he went to. The Boys were cellar dwellers as were the Pats and Fins. He rebuilds the right way, but he never sticks around for the end product. He bails out. He is a bailout.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Perect 72,

Parcells was never a GM until he got that title with the Jets when BB resigned.

You might want to learn facts and realize a GM is not a coach and vice versa.

Belichick was with the Giants before Parcells arrived, too.

Belichick has a track record as a coordinator, coach and GM. Parcells? Just a great coach at one time, over a decade ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I think Parcells can pick Assistant Coaches better than anybody I've ever seen. I have to give him credit for that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Parcells Showcasing Failed Personnel Approach : Russ, why do they keep giving you the boot? Anyway one thing Parcells has done is get his teams out of the gutter. He has done it with his last 3 teams he went to. The Boys were cellar dwellers as were the Pats and Fins. He rebuilds the right way, but he never sticks around for the end product. He bails out. He is a bailout.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I am assuming it's because trolls and irrational are insecure with my own opinion.

Parcells was good/great as a coach getting teams out the gutter before the salary cap era.  This is key to the premise as to  why he's never succeeded in building a consistent winner in the cap era as GM, either in Dallas or now in Miami.

Since he has quit yet again, even if Miami does something, he won't be in full control anymore.

Click on this link and look at the guranteed money and draft picks they just lost due to poor personnel management.

This is the whole idea: Parcells was a great coach at one time, but has lost his edge as a coach, and now his new venture as GM is completely and totally overrated.

He's living off the name as coach.  George Young was the GM with the Giants.  Bobby Grier was the GM here with NE.

Parcells was set to take over with the Jets and then quit after BB resigned.

He likely had a good amount of say with Jerry Jones, but that is Jones's team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]Russ, Help me out here, when has he ever won anything w/o BB? I mean, I don't dislike the Tuna but isn't he over-hyped? He became this big bad NFL head coach from his arrogant post game press interviews, not coaching because BB was responsible for that. btw-have you had a chance to meet Leon (Master Hess)?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

That argument is a two-edged sword.  How many SB's have we won without Weiss and Crennel?  OK, I don't believe BB is bad without them, and I don't believe Parcells is bad without BB either.  Furthermore, we must make a distinction between Parcells the personnel guy, and Parcells the coach.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

In Response to Parcells Showcasing Failed Personnel Approach:
    [QUOTE]He's never built a winner as GM: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a613d9/article/cutting-their-losses-dolphins-cut-grove-one-year-after-signing?module=HP_headlines2col

Lets see if BB can win a SB without 1 player picked or coached By Parcells..   He has no SB with his own players..

BB is a Coordinator but terrible at picking talent

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Parcells Showcasing Failed Personnel Approach : ...Anyway one thing Parcells has done is get his teams out of the gutter. He has done it with his last 3 teams he went to. The Boys were cellar dwellers as were the Pats and Fins. He rebuilds the right way, but he never sticks around for the end product. He bails out. He is a bailout.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Well said.  That's what seems to be ignored when discussing Parcells.  If I just bought a team that was 1-15 the year before, Parcells would be on my short list of people to hire.  I would know going in that he will likely bail after a short while, but my team will be a lot better at the point he bails than it was when he was hired.  Is he overhyped?   A lot of people who have had success are.  It doesn't take away from their accomplishments though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

If I am an owner and the team isn't doing well I'm getting on the phone and calling Parcells.  He will turn that team around not only with players but with a staff.  I don't care for Parcells because of what he did during his last year as the Patriots coach but to say he's a failure is a bit out there.  As the owner you have to know that Parcells will have his full attention on the team for two or, if you're lucky, three years.  But, the job is done and it's up to you to finish.  He got your silly butt out of the cellar.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]And Parcells has never been the GM of a super bowl winning team and Perfect72 thinks he is one of the best of all time? You smoking crack? You are judged by how many super bowls you win in this league. Parcells has won as a head coach and therefore is considered one of the better coaches in history for that. As a GM he has never won anything and therefore is not considered as good a GM as he is a coach. Learn your facts before you shoot off your mouth.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    Easy Killer. My point is he's one of the best at turning a team around which makes him successful as a GM. True, he does leave to soon but he put's the blue print in place. Calling him a failure is moronic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Here's the thing:

Building a team that is good enough to win the Super Bowl and actually winning it are two different things.

Pats fan should know as well as anybody that once you get near the top, it takes a little luck to finish the job. Saying that Parcells is a "failure" because none of the teams he has resurrected have actually hoisted the hardware . . .   or that he's some kind of blow because he prefers to move on when he perceives the team has grown beyond his usefulness to it . . .   well, that's just a retarded take.

He's a legendary football mind. Giving Parcells his due doesn't take anything away from Bill Belichick . . .  which I think is the rationale behind some of the Parcells blowback around here (that and his handling of his departure news when the Pats had a legitimate shot at the Packers 14 years ago).

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Parcells Showcasing Failed Personnel Approach : That argument is a two-edged sword.  How many SB's have we won without Weiss and Crennel?  OK, I don't believe BB is bad without them, and I don't believe Parcells is bad without BB either.  Furthermore, we must make a distinction between Parcells the personnel guy, and Parcells the coach.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

BB is 39-13 since 2007 and one SB appearance (almost 2 without Weis and Crennel).  It may have been 2 SB appearances if Brady hadn't gone down in 2008.

Since 2005, without Weis and Crennel:

In 2006, NE was 14-5.

IN 2005 NE was 11-7.

BB is 64-25 without Weis and Crennel. This is actually incredible considering he's had two offensive coordinators and 2 defensive coordinators since 2005, one of them being a scummy phony and leaving one year in.

Let's cut to the chase and call it like it is.

Parcells pretty much leaned on BB's defensive genius multiple times in different stops with instantaneous results. And if Parcells doesn't take his entire staff to NY in 1997, there is no way Parcells gets the Jets to the AFC Title game either.

But, as far as Parcells understanding econmics, drafting quality players consistently, etc, he has ZERO track record of success.

ZERO.

He had one great draft in Dallas with Jerry Jones hovering over him and that has been about it.

If he had gotten his way in April of 1996, Terry Glenn doesn't catch 90 balls and NE doesn't go to a SB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

[QUOTE]Just more hate from RG.  He cannot handle the fact that there are other people in football that are taleneted & successful.  He thinks that he has to knock everyone else down in order to claim his facorites are the best.  It's just plain ridiculous.    Parcells has done very well throughout his career.  THis is why teams keep hiring him.  Everyone knows what they will get.  He guts, rebuilds, changes the culture, hires good people around him and gets bored and leaves, then does it again.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Not true. 

I am simply debunking the idea that Parcells is a great GM. It's actually very insulting to the great GMs in this league, including Belichick.

Parcells riding of his success as coach prior to his time in Dallas. Being a HOF coach does not make you a great GM, automatically.

He's been doing this for years. I just proved this with fact and hard data above.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Parcells Showcasing Failed Personnel Approach : Easy Killer. My point is he's one of the best at turning a team around which makes him successful as a GM. True, he does leave to soon but he put's the blue print in place. Calling him a failure is moronic.
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

He just quit his post AGAIN, without accomplishing his supposed goal of building a SB winner.

So, no, it's not moronic to have a premise that reflects his mediocrity or failure/overrated tenures as a GM.

Not moronic at all.  I knew he'd quit again.  Very predictable.

I would even argue he's more about ego and money than he is looking to be successful.  The millisecond it's not about him, he quits.

He's done this many times.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

awww...isnt that cute...crusty thinking he has an intelligent post because he found a story on PFT

but what he fails to address is that grove played great while he was here...problem was...he wasnt healthy enough to stay on the field...and his backup started playing better than he was...so you are really going to pay a back up 6 million a year?

face it crusty, you are a f**king clown and couldnt make a solid argument even with the help of the internet

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Parcells may build and run. I'll give you that but to say he's a failure simply makes your point idiotic. Name another GM that has rebuilt multiple teams into contenders so quickly. You can't. If Bellicheck is such a genius why was he a so called "failure" in cleveland? Parcells took the Pats to the Superbowl and then left where he took over for a dreadful Jets team and made them into a contender. Same can be said of the Dolphins and the Cowboys. Where do you get this stuff from? Geesus. It's like arguing with a bratty 7 year old who always thinks he's right until he actually grows up.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Parcells Showcasing Failed Personnel Approach : Can people seriously step forward and get this troll banned for once? He never stays on topic and constantly attacks. It's ridiculous to think a troll from another team's fanbase is allowed to do this.
    well with all due respect(which means you get none)...you post a link about how the phins dropped jake grove and then berate parcells for not being a good GM...

so which is the topic here bub? grove or parcells?

and im going out on a limb and saying the mods have their eye on me...which is fine...and being that ive yet to be banned...im guessing they rather enjoy my inflammatory remarks that i put in your direction or else one would think they wouldnt have banned the pats fan here...or it could be that you have made ascertations about my sexual preference and also made fun of my family

or the fact that anyone who disagrees with you, is a troll...irregardless of the fact they are pats fans or not

anyways, have fun coming up with your next screenname...im sure it will take the board community all of 5 seconds to figure out who your next persona is

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"someone who comes with facts"

The problem, the little flaw in your argument, is that "facts" can be construed to prove almost any conclusion. There is almost always another set of "facts" that are equally persuasive. You are a smart dude but you have no idea how to carry on an interesting discussion. 

With sports, I'm less interested in "facts" than my eye test. My eyes tell me what I see on the field. What I see is that Parcells was a talented old school coach (who by the way never won a Super Bowl coaching without Bill Belichick - an inconvenient FACT that messes up your argument), who always had issues with an inflated ego, grass-is-greener mentality and lack of loyalty. Regardless of what his formal job title was, he became a turnaround expert, someone who could change a culture around a team from losing to winning - but could not get teams fully over the hump, in large part due to character flaws or maybe something intangible missing, not to mention jumping ship. He's very similar to Larry Brown in his attributes. 

Therefore, if I'm a 1-15 perennial loser, I strongly consider bringing Parcells on as GM. And by the way it's a FACT that many teams in the league would want Parcells in such a role if they could get him. If I'm a winning franchise looking to get over the hump, I stay away from him. 

I suppose this is hard to understand for you since you have trouble seeing beyond your own point of view which is supposedly 100 percent correct. Bottom line, aren't you glad we have Belichick and not Parcells? Things worked out ok here. If you could chill out just a bit you could be a great part of this forum.. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Parcells Showcasing Failed Personnel Approach : BB is 39-13 since 2007 and one SB appearance (almost 2 without Weis and Crennel).  It may have been 2 SB appearances if Brady hadn't gone down in 2008. Since 2005, without Weis and Crennel: In 2006, NE was 14-5. IN 2005 NE was 11-7. BB is 64-25 without Weis and Crennel. This is actually incredible considering he's had two offensive coordinators and 2 defensive coordinators since 2005, one of them being a scummy phony and leaving one year in. Let's cut to the chase and call it like it is. Parcells pretty much leaned on BB's defensive genius multiple times in different stops with instantaneous results. And if Parcells doesn't take his entire staff to NY in 1997, there is no way Parcells gets the Jets to the AFC Title game either. But, as far as Parcells understanding econmics, drafting quality players consistently, etc, he has ZERO track record of success. ZERO. He had one great draft in Dallas with Jerry Jones hovering over him and that has been about it. If he had gotten his way in April of 1996, Terry Glenn doesn't catch 90 balls and NE doesn't go to a SB.

Russ, nowhere did I talk about win/loss records.  I merely pointed out that saying Parcells never won a SB without BB is a two-edged sword.  Of course BB has done well without Weiss and Crennel, but he has not won the SB! (yet)

Before I get interpreted wrong, let me say that I DON'T BUT THE ARGUMENT THAT PARCELLS WAS NO GOOD WITHOUT BB ANY MORE THAN I BUY THE ARGUMENT THAT BB WAS NO GOOD WITHOUT WEISS AND CRENNEL.

Give Parcells his just credit.  You can rag on him for bailing on his teams, but he has left every team he bailed on much better off than when he arrived; to include the Pats.  I hate it when people try to demean the accomplishments of others.  If you look hard enough you can find a reason to strip just about anyone of their accomplishments.  Give credit where credit is due.  You don't have to like him or worship him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Parcells Showcasing Failed Personnel Approach : Russ, nowhere did I talk about win/loss records.  I merely pointed out that saying Parcells never won a SB without BB is a two-edged sword.  Of course BB has done well without Weiss and Crennel, but he has not won the SB! (yet) Before I get interpreted wrong, let me say that I DON'T BUT THE ARGUMENT THAT PARCELLS WAS NO GOOD WITHOUT BB ANY MORE THAN I BUY THE ARGUMENT THAT BB WAS NO GOOD WITHOUT WEISS AND CRENNEL. Give Parcells his just credit.  You can rag on him for bailing on his teams, but he has left every team he bailed on much better off than when he arrived; to include the Pats.  I hate it when people try to demean the accomplishments of others.  If you look hard enough you can find a reason to strip just about anyone of their accomplishments.  Give credit where credit is due.  You don't have to like him or worship him.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I was strictly speaking GM, not coach.  He slighlty improved Dallas and maybe has Miami on the right track.

I am not demeaning the accomplishments when he was a coach at all.