paris lenon close to signing according to Herald

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

paris lenon close to signing according to Herald

the herald is reporting he's about to sign on with the pats. granted its the herald so we'll have to wait and see. my guess is he comes much cheaper than pisa and has a little better size. i didn't watch him play last year because he was on detroit, but it looks like he put up good numbers. granted it was on the worst team ever, but hopefully he can at least provide some depth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Re: paris lenon close to signing according to Herald

The Globe says that he in now a Patriot.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

what happened to the idea that a 230 lb player being to small for the pats system?if they felt that way,they wouldnt bring them in for a look,let alone sign them.and he wouldnt be hear to just play special teams,not when he was a starting LB for the past few years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He must be a heck of a player for BB to except him at the 230lbs listed as his weight.I'm not sure that being the leading tackler on a team like the Lions is a glowing accomplishment considering that there were probably oppurtunities too make tackles on every play!!!Knowing that they didn't stop to many teams from winning doesn't exactly endear you to many other coaches.Good luck and lets hope he turns into a gem.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Who'd thunk Welker had the size to be the future greatest slot receiver ever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]what happened to the idea that a 230 lb player being to small for the pats system?if they felt that way,they wouldnt bring them in for a look,let alone sign them.and he wouldnt be hear to just play special teams,not when he was a starting LB for the past few years.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Lenon is 6'2", 235lbs...and a former MLB in a 4-3 defensive set. He's been an extremely durable player over his years in Green Bay and Detroit.

Switching to a 3-4 ILB will of course involve different responsibilities. Lenon appears to have the type of frame where he could add an additional 10 pounds, without too much difficulty. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]     Lenon is 6'2", 235lbs...and a former MLB in a 4-3 defensive set. He's been an extremely durable player over his years in Green Bay and Detroit.      Switching to a 3-4 ILB will of course involve different responsibilities. Lenon appears to have the type of frame where he could add an additional 10 pounds, without too much difficulty. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Lenon does have a lot of work ahead of him if he does want to be an everydown player for the Pats. Right now, he's limited to special teams, a 4-3 substitution, pass defense formations, and possibly goalline. This certainly could be an indication that the Pats are considering more switches to the 4-3.

This could also indicate that Guyton and/or Mayo are progressing well in the offseason so that one or the other could play the mike LB position.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]     Lenon is 6'2", 235lbs...and a former MLB in a 4-3 defensive set. He's been an extremely durable player over his years in Green Bay and Detroit.      Switching to a 3-4 ILB will of course involve different responsibilities. Lenon appears to have the type of frame where he could add an additional 10 pounds, without too much difficulty. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Lenon was 245lbs coming out IIRC, he played around 240 for the Packers. 235 is the playing weight of a 4-3 MLB, so maybe he just lost weight to gain a little more range?

Either way, these are only concerns if you project him as a starter right away.

Between him and Pisa they chose the "safer" guy who is known for better reads but less explosion. He might also be the "cheaper" guy.

I have seen Pisa several times, but in all honesty I have watched one Lions game in the last three years. From what the scouts say, he racks up tackles because he can slip a block.

And Kyle is right, Mayo is likely calling signals next season, although NE's defense strategy is specifically designed to disguise the "Mike."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Seems like these pickups from Detriot don't last long in NE.  I remember the DB from last year, already forgot his name.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Har anyone seen him play regularly?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Har anyone seen him play regularly?
    Posted by haldager[/QUOTE]

From Mike Reiss:

"Lenon would seemingly be more of a fit and also could be more of a factor on special teams, a consideration in any potential signing. The 6-2, 235-pound Lenon started every game over the last three seasons for the Lions, and was the leading tackler on last year's winless team."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Don't  worry folks BB knows a good player when he see's one,and if he's less exspensive he has a real shot at making the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Froms Scouts, Inc:

Lenon is coming off his best year as a pro, leading the team in tackles with 121. He has been a mainstay for the Lions' defense as a middle linebacker over the past three seasons and has shown improvement each year. He is a good combination of size, strength and athleticism. He runs well and shows range inside out to the ball. He has the speed and burst to stay active to the ball. He uses his hands well to separate well or work through trash to get to the pile. He is a solid tackler, but can be inconsistent to wrap up in the open field. He is a quick reactor as the play unfolds and fast flows beyond the ball at times. Lenon is an instinctive defender who understands blocking schemes and how to leverage the play, but will lose sight of the ball at times. He has a good feel for route progressions as a pass-defender, but doesn't make many plays on the ball. He has a good feel to time his blitzes up, when attacking the line of scrimmage, but needs to develop additional moves to be more effective in this area. Lenon is a good football player who been durable, intelligent and productive

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]Lenon was 245lbs coming out IIRC, he played around 240 for the Packers. 235 is the playing weight of a 4-3 MLB, so maybe he just lost weight to gain a little more range? Either way, these are only concerns if you project him as a starter right away. Between him and Pisa they chose the "safer" guy who is known for better reads but less explosion. He might also be the "cheaper" guy. I have seen Pisa several times, but in all honesty I have watched one Lions game in the last three years. From what the scouts say, he racks up tackles because he can slip a block. And Kyle is right, Mayo is likely calling signals next season, although NE's defense strategy is specifically designed to disguise the "Mike."
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I thought I remembered him at 245, someone that the Pats might look at like 3 or 4 years ago. Him listed at 235 going into the offseason definitely threw me off in our discussions of free agent LBs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

There's way too much being made here about his size; Zach Thomas is tiny, Ray Lewis isn't particularly big...

100+ tackle seasons aren't a mirage, can't be faked or cheated.  He is a legit run tackler who can platoon to keep Bruschi fresh.  I don't think we'll see him in goal line situations where A Thomas could move inside to stuff the run, with McKenzie hurt this was a need signing.

And for the 100th time we don't need an outside linebacker...