Pass rush options

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Re: Pass rush options

In Response to Re: Pass rush options:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass rush options : i will say it here as ive said elsewhere, arrington is a football player, but he has no idea how to play corner. if he has not learned how to play the position by now, he likely will never be a good cornerback. he can tackle a guy after a catch, to me that is not good enough to play corner for my team or our team.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

Do you think butler will be an impact then?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

It is premature to lump Cunningham into the group of busts at the outside linebacker spot.In thruth,I felt he was coming on remarkably well for a draftee switching positions and having missed,for all intents and purposes,all of training camp.He was generating pressure and was impressive holding the edge against the run.Also,B.B. has consistently not drated projections at OLB in the first couple of rounds as he,if not everyone,realizes how difficult a transition it is and that difficulty increases incrementally in a system as diverse and demanding as the Pats.The only significant bust was in free agency and that,of course,was Thomas who obviously may no effort to adjust to N.E.version of the 34 after coming from the vastly different 34 philosophy in Baltimore.Two final quick thoughts:first,Banta-Cain played hurt when he was able to play;second,though the sample is small,I'm intrigued with Moore,not a sure thing by any means but I'd like to see more(no pun intended)>

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think cunningham has a great deal of potential and that you cannot label a player a bust till his 3rd season in the NFL.  I really liked watching Moore, looking forward to seeing what he can do with a year in the system.  I still want to bring in Roth/lawson to help this OLB group.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass rush options : Do you think butler will be an impact then?
    Posted by xxcodyfxx[/QUOTE]

so far, butler has been worse.
    if doesnt make a tremendous improvement this year (which i doubt), i think he gets cut, or should.

as far as his technique and abilties, it's poor.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Were not going 2 get anybody, so stop dreaming. Kraft is not going 2 spend the money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Were not going 2 get a #1 WR eather. Will B in the same spot were in last yr. which ='s SQUAT!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

"lump Cunningham into the group of busts at the outside linebacker spot."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Osi of the Giants and Lawson of the 49'ers are those who would be my choices.Lawson may,however,be to expensive for B.B.'s taste.I believe both would be an asset.Avril would be my first option but he could be really expensive to sign and I'd rather resign Mankins than Avril at the money he's looking for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

lawson is my first choice, then avril, then roth

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

this board is dead. why can't the owners and players just hurry up and make up.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

can you please provide a source of where you found lawsons tender level?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pass rush options : Your first two choices cost a 1st and a 3rd rd pick.  Roth would be cheap and an immediate candidate to compete for a starting role at OLB here. In fact, the more I read on Roth, the more I like: Matt Roth Official Bio College: Iowa Height: 6-4 Position: Defensive End Weight: 270 Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.75 SCOUTING REPORT Strengths: Has a motor that never stops...Very quick with a great burst...Intense player...Will hold his own against the run...Very strong...Playmaker with great instincts on the defensive line. Weaknesses: Doesn't have a wide array of pass rush moves...Is in trouble if the offensive lineman gets locked on...Technique is lacking at times...Will let his emotions get the best of him...Lacks elite speed and isn't a top athlete. Notes: Former linebacker who just moved to end in 2002...Overachiever who gets the most out of his talent...May not have every physical tool you look for but his motor more than makes up for it. BEREA, Ohio -- www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/roster/Matt-Roth/9fc4022e-92cb-42eb-ae80-7264ba66d5b7 " target="_blank" /> Matt Roth is doing his best to hide any hard feelings about being waived by the Miami Dolphins almost exactly one year ago. Roth has started 17 games at linebacker for the Browns since they claimed him. In that time, he is second on the team with 7 1/2 sacks and has been a fortress on the left edge against the run. "Obviously I want to beat them, you know," Roth said of his return to south Florida on Sunday. "I'm not going to lie to you. As far as emotions, letting it get the better half of me, not at all. I'm treating it like a normal game." There has never been a clear explanation from the Dolphins for their decision. On a conference call, coach Tony Sparano said the Dolphins needed to go in a different direction "at that time." Roth had started 23 games for them in 2007 and '08. He appeared to fit the big, physical mold of defensive players favored by former Executive Vice President Bill Parcells . It has been speculated in south Florida that Roth got in General Manager Jeff Ireland 's doghouse when he reported to the 2009 training camp complaining of a groin injury. He began the year on the non-football injury list and was waived after seeing action in four games. "The reality of it was I had two groin surgeries in two years," Roth said. "It just wasn't ready. I went to camp and it wasn't ready. I can't tell you the management side of things. Unfortunately I was let go. And I'm here." Roth has 3 1/2 sacks in 11 games this year, which is off the four-in-six games pace of last season. He's been slowed in recent weeks by a virus. Coach Eric Mangini also said opponents, particularly in the AFC North, are game-planning him more. "I know a lot of times in the running game, they'll run away [from me]," Roth said. Roth has become a core player on defense for the Browns, but he is unsigned after this year and can be an unrestricted free agent. He said he has no idea where he'll be next year. "I'd like to be a Cleveland Brown, but if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out," Roth said with a shrug.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

I like Kiaunuka...or Jason Babin...saw good artilcle at http://60maxpowero.com/draftermath4.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

being that the 49ers just drafted a passrusher 7th overall and they have been disappointed with his production. plus he is looking for a somewhat large contract. he could be lower tendered, potentially to be traded by the 49ers in hopes a team trys to sign him.

[QUOTE]That hasn't been announced most likely because there is no point until a CBA is signed. Assuming there is a new CBA, he'd have 5 years of service. Considering he was a 1st rd pick, I am pretty sure he'd be a 1st minimum and a 3rd, which is the usual throw in to sweeten these kinds of deals. I don't see him leaving. I think they drafted Smith to light a fire under him. He's a good all round OLB, but they've been apparently disappointed with this sack numbers. "Matt Maiocco of csnbayarea.com reports that the 49ers have tendered offers to impending free agents DE Ray McDonald, LB Manny Lawson and FS Dashon Goldson. Terms of the offers were not disclosed. A fourth scheduled free agent who falls into the category, quarterback Troy Smith, has yet to receive a tender. Indications are that 49ers have decided not to retain Troy Smith, who started six games for the club last season. New head coach Jim Harbaugh values accuracy in his quarterbacks and that is not Smith’s forte. The contract tenders are contingent on the new collective bargaining agreement. By placing an RFA tender on a player, it could give the 49ers the right of first refusal if a player signs with another team. It might also provide draft-pick compensation if the team declines to match the offer. With a new CBA, Lawson is seemingly assured to be an unrestricted free agent with five years of service. The 49ers placed the tender on Lawson as a formality, in case a CBA impasse means the rules of 2010 roll over into this season. However, four-year pros Goldson and McDonald could be restricted from the open free-agent market."
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]