Pass-Rush

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Pass-Rush

We honestly cannot blaim the players... when you only send 4 max every-time.

I think this team can generate good pressure, but we never send 5+..............

Nink is surprsiing me how well he has been playing DE with Jones....  This team needs some SS, or CB blitzes that bring speed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Pass-Rush

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We honestly cannot blaim the players... when you only send 4 max every-time.

I think this team can generate good pressure, but we never send 5+..............

Nink is surprsiing me how well he has been playing DE with Jones....  This team needs some SS, or CB blitzes that bring speed.

[/QUOTE]

Is 4 sacks including a game winning one that forces a fumble a bad game for the pass rush?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Agreed.

And not only does blitzing increase the chance of a favorable play occuring, like a sack, poor throw, or an interception, but it also breeds a different, more aggressive mentality.

When you sit back all day and play soft coverages and rush 4 men, it breeds a passive mentality on defense. The offense begins to dictate to you and you're on the back foot.

When you blitz, not only do you potentially get success, but you also gain a more aggressive mentality. You begin dictating to the offense and put the offense on their back foot.

This team definitely needs to blitz more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Stats.... seemed like sanchez had a lot of time to throw today outside of 4 sacks.  I like to see constant pressure, not just 4 sacks.  I am not complaining, just saying please blitz.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

Stats.... seemed like sanchez had a lot of time to throw today outside of 4 sacks.  I like to see constant pressure, not just 4 sacks.  I am not complaining, just saying please blitz.

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with this. It is not like Mayo or Spikes are great in coverage, why not let them attack instead.

Too me the worst play calling in this game (offensive or defensive) was the Jets after the McCourty fumble. They were completely happy to kick the field with a minute and half left the Pats still having a time-out left. That is an eternity for a good offensive team to get a tying FG.

When they did not even try to score a touchdown, they deserved to lose the game. Even one first down there and you are kicking the FG with time running out, but two runs into a stack defense that is better vs the run than the pass anyhow was awful. If you were willing to rollout and throw on third down, you should have done it on second down. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to vertigho's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agreed.

And not only does blitzing increase the chance of a favorable play occuring, like a sack, poor throw, or an interception, but it also breeds a different, more aggressive mentality.

When you sit back all day and play soft coverages and rush 4 men, it breeds a passive mentality on defense. The offense begins to dictate to you and you're on the back foot.

When you blitz, not only do you potentially get success, but you also gain a more aggressive mentality. You begin dictating to the offense and put the offense on their back foot.

This team definitely needs to blitz more. [/QUOTE]

Good one vertigho! Yes, we got 4 sacks and won the game on one of e'm But like you say Blitz more or more often. Blitzing opens you up but with THAT D'backfield it needs to be done more. The chips will fall more than not by upsetting the QB and causes mistakes and TOs.

Allowing Sanchez 63% is downright embarassing and if that isn't enough evidence then I don't know what evidence is anymore.

Have good Night

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

CombineCombine more blitzing with man coverage and we may have something. Our corners look terrible when they play zone. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffchox. Show geoffchox's posts

[QUOTE]

Exactly!!! This is NOT the Giants(or Seattle's) front 4.

Why does Patricia expect these guys to beat their man straight up snap after snap with no creativity. Heck, even the Giants stunt, twist etc...to help their STUD front 4 get to the QB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

We won't be winning any pass rush awards, but we may well win the secondary boobie-prize.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to geoffchox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why does Patricia expect these guys to beat their man straight up snap after snap with no creativity. Heck, even the Giants stunt, twist etc...to help their STUD front 4 get to the QB.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Patricia has as much control as you are giving him credit for. I'm pretty sure BB has his fingerprints in everything that goes on on the defensive side of the ball.  Don't you see BB over talking to the D guys on the sideline a lot?  I do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Right, so is it BB that dare I say we start questioning.  He changed a 3-4 to a 4-3 D, when will he start blitzing a little more. 

Trust me that I won't challenge the mans logic, but I just don't understand the lack of 5 man rushes.  Throwing in a 6 man rush here and there would be nice too, but it seems QB's are getting a good feel for what the Pats do on D after the first quarter.  They get a feel for the Pats are doing and it seems the Pats do not deviate from their plan, which allows QB's like Sanchez to get comfortable and into a rhythm.

The Jets for example 'disguise' what their doing on D.  The Pats play cover 2..... that's it......They rush maybe 4, and the secondary attempts to cover.  Just frustrating as a fan to watch but I am not a coach nor an owner, so I just express my frustration here thinking I know what I am talking about.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Patricia has as much control as you are giving him credit for. I'm pretty sure BB has his fingerprints in everything that goes on on the defensive side of the ball.  Don't you see BB over talking to the D guys on the sideline a lot?  I do.

[/QUOTE]

BB has uber control of everything. That's BB. Patricia is just another of BB's on the job training yes men. BB doesn't hire experienced coordinators with a mind of their own.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BB has uber control of everything. That's BB.

[/QUOTE]

not of his qb!  :  )

[/QUOTE]

Well, excpet him! Brady talks. BB jumps.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

BB hasn't had a creative thought in about 6 seasons.

The passs rush is an absolute joke right now.  4 guys - the same 4 guys every play - try to bull rush the opponents 5 OL.

Every play.

no stunts.

No twists.

no blitz.

no drop a lineman in coverage and have a LB over stress a side. 

No nothing.

Just vanilla defense, over and over and over.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

for whats it worth i really like vanilla ice cream

[/QUOTE]

No surprises - easy to prepare for.