Pat Patriot vs. Flying Elvis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Pat Patriot vs. Flying Elvis

I have always been partial to the throwback jerseys. There is just something abut them that gets me pumped up. People like to argue that the Flying Elvis symbolizes the new success while Pat Patriot symbolizes hard times in New England. I would argue that 1) the Patriots haven't won a super bowl since 2004 and 2) I can't remember the last time they lost dawning the old red jerseys.

Just for fun... Which do you prefer?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Re: Pat Patriot vs. Flying Elvis

I always prefered the old jerseys

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I have to admit that when I first saw the flying Elvis I hated it.  I only got to like it somewhat over the years due to the success the team and organization has had since switching to it.  But, that probably has more to do with Kraft buying the team and getting (dare I say it), Bill Parcells and Drew Bledsoe then ofcourse Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.  The Flying Elvis represented a change in the Patriot brand from loser to winner.

That being said,  I still like the Pat Patriot logo better.  I know people who became fans of the Pats simply because they liked that logo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The FE is lame. Give me the Pat Patriot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Flying Elvis way better...I like the uniforms that go along with the flying Elvis...the silver helmet,silver pants and the dark blue jersey. I like the Pat Patriot I just don't like the red uniforms that much. What about the Pat Patriot on the Flying Elvis uniform....for a couple games. see how it looks???? PP on a silver helmet would look cool???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Pat is way cooler and the uni's are cooler. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Pat over Elvis. Don't the Patriots have a great record with Pat Patriot unis post 2000 ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Pat Patriot vs. Flying Elvis:
    [QUOTE] I can't remember the last time they lost dawning the old red jerseys. 
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

I believe it was against the Broncos in 2009 (though I could be wrong).

Although common sense tells me that it is the player inside the uniform that makes the difference, superstition tells me that the Pats never realized the ultimate goal in the old uniform.  So, I prefer the new uniform (except for the helmet).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

Always liked the Pat Patriot best.  Not so high on the old red jersey, but did like the away uniforms with red pants.  I do prefer the blue uniforms now, but would love to see "Pat" on the helmets. (also the red face guards look ugly...maybe the same color as the helmet might look better...or it might not clash as much with "Pat" on the side)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: Pat Patriot vs. Flying Elvis:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Pat Patriot vs. Flying Elvis : I believe it was against the Broncos in 2009 (though I could be wrong). Although common sense tells me that it is the player inside the uniform that makes the difference, superstition tells me that the Pats never realized the ultimate goal in the old uniform.  So, I prefer the new uniform (except for the helmet).
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

They wore the white ones against the Broncos that year. I like the blue jerseys better than red so I'll stick with the current uniforms

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

hmmm ...tough one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

The ONLY one that comes close here is 3SB-rings.  Anyone remember that "New Team's Logo" they did somewhere?  The one where they were tinkering around with potential new team unis?  The Pats helmet was FANTASTIC...I forget exactly, but it was almost a sleek, 3 tiered flag adaptation of The Flying Elvis in some Revolutionary war stripes...  And unfortunately, they made the rest of the Pats "Potential" New unis, in the form of Captain America meets the Village People...  But the logo idea within the helmet=Awesome.

I bring this up b/c, yes- Mr. Flying Elvis, never really did it for me...not completely, at least.  But here's the thing here people:  An NFL Helmet, logo and uni combo, should be Both sleek & simple, yet cool and noticeable...And Somehow incorporate this into some fear-inspiring, dangerous, ready-for-combat scheme of colors, with-IN the uni, logo...etc.  "Pat the Patriot" in a look of constipation, and on an all-white helmet, and set in the backdrop of a 99% white jersey (save for a stripe or two), and 99% white pants (or were they all white, I forget now?).  These were neither awe-inspiring, ferocious, sleek, exciting...jesus- I know, I know: One shouldn't be so superficial in terms of relating this to emotions, and motives within either the fans or especially, the players themselves...YET, I'd have to believe that an NFL Player actually in some way, shape, or form, WANTS to take to the arena of combat, actually FEELING tough, or in some sense-Feeling like he's idk-"Gladiatorial" in some fashion, in his get-up...right?  Much of this game IS psychological, don'tcha think?  You NEED to FEEL tougher than your opponent...It IS so much of an edge, on yours AND HIS part, If you can over-instill BOTH confidence in yourselves (players), your fans, and to plant just 1 single seed of awe, or even 1 hint of even entirely superficial fear into that oppossing team...   

The Old unis...?  L-M-F-A-O!!!  Please...just don't even.  I don't even care IF you DO include Pat Patriot in some part of some new all-inclusive design...  But, white, on white, on white, with a small white guy taking a cr#p...well, that just about says it all.       

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Wait until the NFL allows advertising on the uniforms like european soccer and other sports leagues (hockey, handball etc)........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Pat the Patriot for home games, Flying Elvis for away games...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Pat Patriot all the way. Flying Elvis took YEARS for me to get used to. The Pats' uniform of the 80's was great. I like both the red and white jerseys from that era along with Pat on the helmet.

I understand that some people don't like to think about some of the past seasons with the old logo when the team struggled or flat out sucked but it wasn't the uniform that caused them to suck. Often times it was poor ownership and inferior players wearing the uniform that caused them to suck. They also had some very good teams wearing the old logo.

As stated above the Pats have had a great record wearing the Pat Patriot gear under Kraft's ownership and with solid talent wearing the colors. Go figure!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I remember the first game the Patriots unveiled the Flying Elvis or more importantly , ditched Pat the Patriot.
    It was a muggy summer night in Foxboro for their debut 1993 pre-season game and needless to say I was royally P'd off by the dumping our minuteman logo . I decided I would make a large banner out of an old bedsheet and let the Baztards know what I thought. At the start of the 2nd quarter a friend helped me drape it over the old concrete wall in the corner of the end zone next to teams entrance . At first the crowd didn't know what to make of it and I recall people asking me what it meant . Others got it , and were laughing. Shortly afterwards the game photographers took notice and starting snapping pictures   It wasn't my seat location so I headed back to my own section and was surprised to see it still hanging there when I retook my seat . Unfortunately later in the quarter as halftime approached , I looked over and it was gone . I'm sure word got back to the Pats brass and they weren't amused .
      For years I HATED the new logo , but I have to admit that the tweeking they've done to it  ( combined with the winning SB images it provokes ) has allowed me to accept it ...and actually ( can't believe I'm saying this ) embrace it.

I didnt think to take a picture of my sign back then ,
     but it looked something like this :

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Great stuff Capn..lmao.  Understand "Pat" brings with it, idk- A certain amount of history and judging by the underlying theme from the responses- Team longtime Fan Loyalty...  Still say he's taking a you-know-what though.  And might as well put the team in some form of baby-blue type color scheme in order to finalize the "fear-factor" total package...  Either ditch Pat, or radically change all the other uni, helmet, and logo colors (how they're deployed)...or both.  It needed be done.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

We fear change!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Furthering Mike's underlying point...some things are just simply "Incorrect" to begin with.  Mullets, that there's 1.  I was still a kid, during the heyday of Mr Patriots Pat (and I had a mullet)- But I was JUST a child.  Some of you should have KNOWN better, and deserve a greater bearing of the responsibility on this...  You watched that happen...and you Let it happen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I like both but really want them to win, I don't care what they wear except maybe dresses, lol.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

My design for a Pats uniform way back in the day. I understand it's not for everybody.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Trying to make any article of clothing out of a flag, Is tricky business.  Especially here-like The US Flag where you have standard lengths of red and white lines, then suddenly not exactly halfway up, nor precisely 3/4's the way up from bottom, you're suddenly having to deal with white stars on a blue background square...which itself isn't exactly 1/4 of the flag's width, nor precisely 1/3 width-wise...then you're finishing up with more odd numbered but much smaller (in width)-added white and red horizontal stripes...

NOT an easy piece to try to fashion into a T-shirt...

Other than that...you're design's goin' prety good imho.  Except, I would've done either silver pants and red leggings, or red pants and silver socks.  With on the pants some vert stripes that match the socks in color...and maybe at the bottom they could start to veer around to the front on 1 side, and the back on the other.  And the helmet...that'd have to be silver and red variation too...

So, o.k.- What I mean to say is *I hate being a harsh critic on creativity in any form)-  What I LIKE about your proposed Uniform Design is the following:  They're SHOULD be some form of the color "blue" on the jersey itself, and other than that I'm 50% sold on having red as the facemask (or helmet...with silver the other color variatiable).  LIKE-wise, I'm 50% sold on having red socks.

See (laz pats himself on the back), always workin' off the positive...always workin' off the positive...