PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!

Good riddance to him and his tainted legacy .

Discuss ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!

There is only one person to blame for his legacy.........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

His simply reporting to school administrators and not going to authorities makes his firing mandatory. And it could well be that he never reported anything and the school administrators are covering for him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1anddone-again. Show 1anddone-again's posts

In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!:
    [QUOTE]His simply reporting to school administrators and not going to authorities makes his firing mandatory. And it could well be that he never reported anything and the school administrators are covering for him.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
    Had to go.... While there may have been no legal duty to do more, his position and influence demanded he do more or else be complicit morally, if not legally...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I do not consider the man a fraud, at least not yet. He is a very old man who made a very bad mistake. No one thinks he does much of the coaching anymore there so who knows how much mental capacity he really has at this stage. Is he senile in anyway? I have yet to hear him speak as I write this. President Reagan forgot that he signed on to the Iran-Contra deal while president (I'm not going into the polotics of the issue just human frailty and forgetfulness) so who knows what Paterno really knew and remembered. He should definately lose his job if the allegations are true but a life time of good works should not necessarily be overlooked for mistakes made as an old man. I want to hear his defense before calling him a fraud. If it is determined that he was knowingly silent to try to get the all time victory record than that is reprehensible but untill all the facts are in I will withhold calling him a fraud.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : [QUOTE]  Good riddance to him and his tainted legacy . Discuss ... Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE You're a pathetic putz. This is not the place to make your need to utter words about anything other than the Patriots. Get a clue and get lost. Iggy for life to you.         
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

How long have you been away from the Patriots forum on Boston.com?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

If someone tells you they saw an employee of yours raping a little boy , the first thing you do is ask the informant WHY they didn't put a stop to it ? 

You then confront the offending employee with the allegation. 

Whether he confirms or denies it is irrelavent , you immediately contact the Police so that they can make contact with the boy .

Anything less than this is abhorrant .

I personally have nothing but distain & disgust for Joe "the Fraud " Paterno .

Penn State should consider removing his name from their library and anything else connected with the University .

Finally I hope he lives out his days in psychological misery , just like the children that were repeatedly abused due to his pathetic inaction.  

If this sounds harsh...so be it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joniroten. Show joniroten's posts

too bad he couldn't see it coming and just resign

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billsox15. Show Billsox15's posts

I live in State College.  JoePa has done so much for so many over his 46yrs.  It is a shame, I won't say crime, that he didn't realize that he needed to do so much more than he did. 

I will miss his era.  I hope nothing for the best for the victims which I am sure JoePa wants as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

ironically...the reason he got fired is the same reason for the cover up - authorities at the school taking the easy way out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidhatch. Show davidhatch's posts

This is totally wrong! He was and is the greatest college coach ever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]This is totally wrong! He was and is the greatest college coach ever.
    Posted by davidhatch[/QUOTE]

Nice to meet you, Mr. Hatch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhbrownman. Show nhbrownman's posts

What's the first thing you think of when hearing the following names?

Pete Rose
    Lefty Driessel
    Barry Bonds
    Woody Hayes
    Bobby Knight
    Roger Clemens

Unfortunate that despite a storied history of achievement,
    Joe Paterno will likely join this list.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]His simply reporting to school administrators and not going to authorities makes his firing mandatory. And it could well be that he never reported anything and the school administrators are covering for him.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Lots of wild speculation here. In Paterno's defense, at the time this crime came about, Paterno was a 74 year old man. What's being reported is that Paterno reported what happened to his boss, the athletic director...which was the right thing for him to do. The alleged dirt-bag charged, Jerry Sandusky, had been his DC, and a close friend of his for years. 

Could, and should Paterno have done more? Yes. But, put yourself in his place. If one of your closest friends was accused of raping a boy, you might have a hard time believing it to be true...even if more than one person claimed to be a witness. Telling the athletic director about it probably wasn't easy for Paterno...but he did at least do that much. It seems that the true culprits are the AD and the school president...who did nothing about it. 

Paterno likely didn't immediately resign because so doing could be taken as an admission of wrongdoing. Surely, he consulted with his lawyer...who would have advised him not to resign for that reason.

Let's withhold branding Paterno a complete fraud and villain, until all the evidence about this matter comes out. By all accounts, Paterno has not only been a legendary coach, but a very fine man, whose done a lot of good for Penn State, and the men he has coached and molded over the years. To completely disregard all that, without all the facts being in, is somewhat as criminal as the alleged rape itself.

Here's what we know so far...and some pros and cons on Paterno from S.I.. My comments have been interlaced throughout the article, in bold black:

guide:

Words in standard type are the thoughts of a person attempting to evaluate every side of the story involving Penn State coach Joe Paterno's role in the case involving former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky.

Words in italics are the thoughts of a father of two young children, who, like most parents, read the news of what allegedly took place at Penn State and wondered "What if this had happened to one of my kids?"

Paterno didn't break any law. Officially speaking, he did exactly what was required when a graduate assistant told him in 2002 that he had witnessed Sandusky sexually abusing a boy (estimated age: 10) in a shower at the Penn State football complex. Paterno told his boss, athletic director Tim Curley. Paterno followed proper procedure. And doesn't he deserve the benefit of the doubt? For years, Paterno has been a paragon of athletic virtue. He has won a Division I-record 409 games, yet his program has never been

cited for a major NCAA violation. Sandusky maintains his innocence. As does Curley, who has been charged with perjury. They'll get their day in court.

Pure B.S. Paterno claims to be a teacher. He always talks about his kids when referring to his players. Someone who truly cared about kids would have done more. He would have pestered Curley for an answer about what happened to the accusation. He would have called the police. He would have confronted Sandusky. How do we know that, short of calling the police, Paterno didn't at least confront Sandusky? What if Sandusky swore to him on a stack of bibles that he didn't do it (remember, this guy was one of his closest friends)? What if Paterno did "pester" the AD? At this point, we just don't know.  Instead of that, Paterno let Sandusky keep coming back. On Monday, Yahoo! reported that Sandusky was spotted in the Penn State football complex as recently as last week. Even if the accusation was false, Paterno had a responsibility to make sure it was thoroughly investigated. He didn't. He stuck by Sandusky instead of worrying about the child. No doubt, the police should have been informed of the allegations.

I waited several days to write this because my first thought was what I would do if someone did something like this to my child. My initial reaction -- and I'm fairly certain most parents would feel this way -- was homicidal. If someone molested my child, he would need the police to protect him from me. If I found him first, his death would be neither quick nor clean. I might spend the rest of my life in prison, though I'm not sure a right-thinking jury would convict me. Those were the first thoughts that popped into my head, and I'm not ashamed to say that. So why didn't Paterno, a parent and grandparent who claims to have dedicated his life to the kids, feel the same way? Why didn't he do everything in his power to ensure he helped protect a kid who couldn't protect himself? I thought if I waited a few days I could look at the situation through a more rational lens. I can't. Every time I think about it, I get more angry. And I pray that I can protect my kids from the monsters, because apparently not everyone feels the same responsibility. If Paterno would sit silently for years about this, he has no business representing a proud university. Fire him now, not in days or weeks as The New York Times is reporting. I don't give a damn how many games he's won. It was an allegation made by one person, who apparently didn't think enough about what he allegedly saw to report it to the police. Did the AD perform an internal investigation of the matter after he had been informed about it by Paterno? If so, was Paterno made privy to the results of that investigation? Was he lied to? We just don't know.

Paterno released a statement Sunday night saying the graduate assistant was distraught and did not describe the specific act mentioned in the grand jury presentment. Maybe Paterno didn't grasp the seriousness of the allegation. Maybe he didn't understand. Perhaps so.

Or maybe Paterno has hidden behind a wall of lawyer-speak because he knows he failed in his duty as a human being. Maybe that's why Penn State President Graham Spanier -- who also needs to be fired for the same reason as Paterno -- canceled Paterno's regularly scheduled press conference Tuesday. Paterno can't stand up to tough questions, because he has no moral leg on which to stand. If no one had made an accusation, it would be completely believable that Paterno didn't know. His inaction would make sense.What attorney would advise his client to make comments about his involvement in an on-going criminal investigation...or potential huge civil suit? Surely, the Penn State did not want Paterno saying anything that might increase the liability of the school. If Paterno spoke and merely stated, that yes...I should have, in hindsight, called the police...such a statement is an admission of liability against other alleged victims of Sandusky...subsequent to this incident.   

But someone did tell Paterno, and Paterno has admitted to that. According to the grand jury, Paterno testified that the graduate assistant reported seeing Sandusky "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy." Those are the exact words from the presentment, but they are not an exact quote from Paterno. Grand jurors clearly came away thinking Paterno -- a man not known for mincing words -- had heard a report of sexual activity between a grown man and a young boy. Setting aside what the graduate assistant actually reported to the grand jury -- an act so heinous that the mere mention of it should cause any normal person to retch -- exactly how extensive a report of sexual activity does Paterno need to do the right thing and make sure the report gets investigated thoroughly? No one gets a little bit fondled. Beyond that, a grown man and a young boy were naked together in a shower. That isn't normal. That requires an inquiry. Yet Paterno did nothing except kick the accusation upstairs. In this case, "upstairs" is a relative term. Curley was nominally Paterno's boss, but Paterno has long been the most powerful man on Penn State's campus. If Paterno wanted the claim investigated, he could have made an investigation happen. He didn't. Who can say how they would have reacted in a similar situation? Again, we don't know exactly what Paterno was told...we don't know what investigation, if any, was conducted by the school. Again...the police should have been contacted. But, based just upon what is known so far, should we be tar and feathering Paterno at this time? I think not. 

Still, we need to wait until the facts come out before judging Paterno. Maybe there is some reasonable, rational explanation for his silence. This is a misstatement, Paterno wasn't "silent". He reported the matter to his bosses.  Can I honestly say that I would go to the police if a subordinate reported something like that to me about a longtime friend? Which person would I believe?

Remember that we're talking about a 10-year-old. Someone's son who stands no chance to live a normal life. And let's not forget anyone else who might have been harmed in the years between the graduate assistant's report and Sandusky's arrest. If the charges against Sandusky are true, any molestation that took place between the graduate assistant's report and Sandusky's arrest is on the hands of everyone who knew. That includes Paterno. Unfair. We have no idea what Paterno knew. If Paterno had actually seen this, a different story. It's hard to believe that a close friend would do something so vile, and in a public place. 

Forget it. There is no defense. There is no rational explanation. I hope, if placed in the same situation, I would protect the child. If I didn't, may God have mercy on my soul. It's fair to sharply criticize Paterno for not doing more...but he did do something. There's absolutely no proof that he participated in some sort of cover-up.

The Penn State alma mater includes this line: "May no act of ours bring shame." Someone wrote those words on a poster Monday and hung them from a statue of Paterno on Penn State's campus. If Sandusky pleads guilty or is convicted of these accusations, that statue of Paterno should be torn down. BS. If Paterno participated in some sort of a cover-up, then yes...tear the statue down. But, to completely destroy the reputation of a great man based on the incomplete and insufficient facts currently before us, is grossly unfair, and, even criminal.  

Paterno has won 409 games. He has helped usher thousands of young men into adulthood. But if Paterno's inaction allowed a monster to continue preying on children, those victories don't mean a thing.If Paterno contributed to a cover-up, yes. But, until we are made aware of what he was told, what he reported, and what he was led to believe by his bosses, let's reserve judgment on him at this time.  

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/11/08/penn-state-joe-paterno-scandal/index.html#ixzz1dGyK32HJ

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLester. Show LittleLester's posts

[QUOTE]   If someone tells you they saw an employee of yours raping a little boy , the first thing you do is ask the informant WHY they didn't put a stop to it ? [/QUOTE]

At the time Sandusky was not an employee of PSU or on Joe Pa's staff.  Joe Pa reported what was told to him to his superior.  He then asked the GA to tell the AD what he saw.

My question is where is the University Police Report of the investigation that the SVP supposedly requested?

Success with Honor.   Being cleared by the DA, the state police and the Grand Jury just wasn't enough.  Joe got the bum's rush.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anti-Lib. Show Anti-Lib's posts

[QUOTE]   If someone tells you they saw an employee of yours raping a little boy , the first thing you do is ask the informant WHY they didn't put a stop to it ?     You then confront the offending employee with the allegation.     Whether he confirms or denies it is irrelavent , you immediately contact the Police so that they can make contact with the boy .   Anything less than this is abhorrant .  I personally have nothing but distain & disgust for Joe "the Fraud " Paterno .[/QUOTE]
    Joe Paterno was not a superior to Sandusky nor did he have authority to punish Sandusky.  Moreover, he was not a witness to any of the rapes so at most all he could do is tell the cops to talk the other guy.  Which begs the question why the other guy didn't go to the cops.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from peterok. Show peterok's posts

Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD!!!

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Press/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf
    \

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4018107. Show user_4018107's posts

How does Paterno not start asking questions when he sees Sandusky back on campus, and with kids? Didn't dawn on him to think, "hey, maybe I should follow up to find out what happened with that whole 'showering with a kid' incident." 

How many more kids got raped because Paterno, the GA, etc kept there mouths shut?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from peterok. Show peterok's posts

Let the obvious comparisons to the Catholic Church begin.  At least the governing body of the university has the sense to nip it in the bud rather than let it fester for a 1000+ years, like some f'd up institution we all know.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! :      Lots of wild speculation here. In Paterno's defense, at the time this crime came about, Paterno was a 74 year old man. What's being reported is that Paterno reported what happened to his boss, the athletic director...which was the right thing for him to do. The alleged dirt-bag charged, Jerry Sandusky, had been his DC, and a close friend of his for years.       Could, and should Paterno have done more? Yes. But, put yourself in his place. If one of your closest friends was accused of raping a boy, you might have a hard time believing it to be true...even if more than one person claimed to be a witness. Telling the athletic director about it probably wasn't easy for Paterno...but he did at least do that much. It seems that the true culprits are the AD and the school president...who did nothing about it.       Paterno likely didn't immediately resign because so doing could be taken as an admission of wrongdoing. Surely, he consulted with his lawyer...who would have advised him not to resign for that reason.      Let's withhold branding Paterno a complete fraud and villain, until all the evidence about this matter comes out. By all accounts, Paterno has not only been a legendary coach, but a very fine man, whose done a lot of good for Penn State, and the men he has coached and molded over the years. To completely disregard all that, without all the facts being in, is somewhat as criminal as the alleged rape itself.      Here's what we know so far...and some pros and cons on Paterno from S.I.. My comments have been interlaced throughout the article, in bold black: guide: Words in standard type are the thoughts of a person attempting to evaluate every side of the story involving Penn State coach Joe Paterno's role in the case involving former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky. Words in italics are the thoughts of a father of two young children, who, like most parents, read the news of what allegedly took place at Penn State and wondered "What if this had happened to one of my kids?" Paterno didn't break any law. Officially speaking, he did exactly what was required when a graduate assistant told him in 2002 that he had witnessed Sandusky sexually abusing a boy (estimated age: 10) in a shower at the Penn State football complex. Paterno told his boss, athletic director Tim Curley. Paterno followed proper procedure. And doesn't he deserve the benefit of the doubt? For years, Paterno has been a paragon of athletic virtue. He has won a Division I-record 409 games, yet his program has never been cited for a major NCAA violation. Sandusky maintains his innocence. As does Curley, who has been charged with perjury. They'll get their day in court. Pure B.S. Paterno claims to be a teacher. He always talks about his kids when referring to his players. Someone who truly cared about kids would have done more. He would have pestered Curley for an answer about what happened to the accusation. He would have called the police. He would have confronted Sandusky.  How do we know that, short of calling the police, Paterno didn't at least confront Sandusky? What if Sandusky swore to him on a stack of bibles that he didn't do it (remember, this guy was one of his closest friends)? What if Paterno did "pester" the AD? At this point, we just don't know.   Instead of that, Paterno let Sandusky keep coming back. On Monday, Yahoo! reported that Sandusky was spotted in the Penn State football complex as recently as last week. Even if the accusation was false, Paterno had a responsibility to make sure it was thoroughly investigated. He didn't. He stuck by Sandusky instead of worrying about the child. No doubt, the police should have been informed of the allegations. I waited several days to write this because my first thought was what I would do if someone did something like this to my child. My initial reaction -- and I'm fairly certain most parents would feel this way -- was homicidal. If someone molested my child, he would need the police to protect him from me. If I found him first, his death would be neither quick nor clean. I might spend the rest of my life in prison, though I'm not sure a right-thinking jury would convict me. Those were the first thoughts that popped into my head, and I'm not ashamed to say that. So why didn't Paterno, a parent and grandparent who claims to have dedicated his life to the kids, feel the same way? Why didn't he do everything in his power to ensure he helped protect a kid who couldn't protect himself? I thought if I waited a few days I could look at the situation through a more rational lens. I can't. Every time I think about it, I get more angry. And I pray that I can protect my kids from the monsters, because apparently not everyone feels the same responsibility. If Paterno would sit silently for years about this, he has no business representing a proud university. Fire him now, not in days or weeks as The New York Times is reporting . I don't give a damn how many games he's won. It was an allegation made by one person , who apparently didn't think enough about what he allegedly saw to report it to the police. Did the AD perform an internal investigation of the matter after he had been informed about it by Paterno? If so, was Paterno made privy to the results of that investigation? Was he lied to? We just don't know. Paterno released a statement Sunday night saying the graduate assistant was distraught and did not describe the specific act mentioned in the grand jury presentment. Maybe Paterno didn't grasp the seriousness of the allegation. Maybe he didn't understand. Perhaps so. Or maybe Paterno has hidden behind a wall of lawyer-speak because he knows he failed in his duty as a human being. Maybe that's why Penn State President Graham Spanier -- who also needs to be fired for the same reason as Paterno -- canceled Paterno's regularly scheduled press conference Tuesday . Paterno can't stand up to tough questions, because he has no moral leg on which to stand. If no one had made an accusation, it would be completely believable that Paterno didn't know. His inaction would make sense. What attorney would advise his client to make comments about his involvement in an on-going criminal investigation...or potential huge civil suit? Surely, the Penn State did not want Paterno saying anything that might increase the liability of the school. If Paterno spoke and merely stated, that yes...I should have, in hindsight, called the police...such a statement is an admission of liability against other alleged victims of Sandusky...subsequent to this incident.     But someone did tell Paterno, and Paterno has admitted to that. According to the grand jury, Paterno testified that the graduate assistant reported seeing Sandusky "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy." Those are the exact words from the presentment, but they are not an exact quote from Paterno. Grand jurors clearly came away thinking Paterno -- a man not known for mincing words -- had heard a report of sexual activity between a grown man and a young boy. Setting aside what the graduate assistant actually reported to the grand jury -- an act so heinous that the mere mention of it should cause any normal person to retch -- exactly how extensive a report of sexual activity does Paterno need to do the right thing and make sure the report gets investigated thoroughly? No one gets a little bit fondled. Beyond that, a grown man and a young boy were naked together in a shower. That isn't normal. That requires an inquiry. Yet Paterno did nothing except kick the accusation upstairs. In this case, "upstairs" is a relative term. Curley was nominally Paterno's boss, but Paterno has long been the most powerful man on Penn State's campus. If Paterno wanted the claim investigated, he could have made an investigation happen. He didn't. Who can say how they would have reacted in a similar situation? Again, we don't know exactly what Paterno was told...we don't know what investigation, if any, was conducted by the school. Again...the police should have been contacted. But, based just upon what is known so far, should we be tar and feathering Paterno at this time? I think not.  Still, we need to wait until the facts come out before judging Paterno. Maybe there is some reasonable, rational explanation for his silence.  This is a misstatement, Paterno wasn't "silent". He reported the matter to his bosses.   Can I honestly say that I would go to the police if a subordinate reported something like that to me about a longtime friend? Which person would I believe? Remember that we're talking about a 10-year-old. Someone's son who stands no chance to live a normal life. And let's not forget anyone else who might have been harmed in the years between the graduate assistant's report and Sandusky's arrest. If the charges against Sandusky are true, any molestation that took place between the graduate assistant's report and Sandusky's arrest is on the hands of everyone who knew. That includes Paterno. Unfair. We have no idea what Paterno knew. If Paterno had actually seen this, a different story. It's hard to believe that a close friend would do something so vile, and in a public place.  Forget it. There is no defense. There is no rational explanation. I hope, if placed in the same situation, I would protect the child. If I didn't, may God have mercy on my soul. It's fair to sharply criticize Paterno for not doing more...but he did do something . There's absolutely no proof that he participated in some sort of cover-up. The Penn State alma mater includes this line: "May no act of ours bring shame." Someone wrote those words on a poster Monday and hung them from a statue of Paterno on Penn State's campus. If Sandusky pleads guilty or is convicted of these accusations, that statue of Paterno should be torn down. BS. If Paterno participated in some sort of a cover-up, then yes...tear the statue down. But, to completely destroy the reputation of a great man based on the incomplete and insufficient facts currently before us, is grossly unfair, and, even criminal.   Paterno has won 409 games. He has helped usher thousands of young men into adulthood. But if Paterno's inaction allowed a monster to continue preying on children, those victories don't mean a thing. If Paterno contributed to a cover-up, yes. But, until we are made aware of what he was told, what he reported, and what he was led to believe by his bosses, let's reserve judgment on him at this time.   Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/11/08/penn-state-joe-paterno-scandal/index.html#ixzz1dGyK32HJ           
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Very good post TP. I have children myself but I am wary about jumping to conclusions without knowing all the facts. Jumping to conclusions is what the media and the public do time after time in this country. The primary concern for the press is to make money selling papers or selling advertisements. Convict them on page 1 and then exonerate them on page 50 nine months later. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from QuestionOfBalance. Show QuestionOfBalance's posts

Sorry Paterno, but it had to happen. Now.
    And the President can't stay either.
    Good decision.

This situation would have ended years if people had done the right thing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Maybe Paterno was just a really old guy that didnt know how to deal with this situation-  maybe he doesnt watch cable news shows where they talk about pedophilia more than they talk about the weather-

i don't think people are making an effort to try to imagine this from his side-

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

it's not just the media. we live in the overreactive twitter age where everyone is always trying get their time under the spotlight. how to do that? agitate and exaggerate. this is followed by overreaction and twisted wom.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I appreciate your well thought out post TexasPat3 
    ( and welcome to the wonderful world of Boston.com posting LittleLester / HATCH / Billsox15 / nhbrownman  )

Please answer me this :

If Joe Pa was NOT a legendary football coach
    ( but instead something like the schools Lacrosse coach )

Would ANYBODY be defending his inaction ?

IMO ...

It's because he was a legendary coach  , that it actually makes it worse.

Paterno was GOD on that campus and if he wanted his "friend" stopped ( aka -the police involved ) ...the perv would have been arrested on the spot.
    ( Ironically it would have been the best thing Paterno could have done to help his "friend" - as the pediphile could have gotten the help he needed )

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anti-Lib. Show Anti-Lib's posts

[QUOTE]How does Paterno not start asking questions when he sees Sandusky back on campus, and with kids? Didn't dawn on him to think, "hey, maybe I should follow up to find out what happened with that whole 'showering with a kid' incident." [/QUOTE]Might have been because after that Sandusky was not allowed to bring kids on campus.  Minor inconvenient fact that kind of screws up your rant, doesn't it?