Patriot and Colts game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdamErc. Show AdamErc's posts

Re: Patriot and Colts game thread

On a lighter note I think Matt Light is calling his agent right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

BTW:  Can we all please stop this nonsense that Peyton chokes and can't win the big game??  This is twice now that he has led the Colts down the field for game winning scores against the Pats.  He has 42 or so 4th qtr comebacks in his career.  He may not be the most clutch guy in NFL history but he's much better than you Pats fans will give him credit for.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Neither team generated a pass rush, but the pats were better at it than the colts.  colts were real good in spots (Mathis pressures) but overall the pats rushed the colts better imo

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

there were two things i hated here:
    1) the offense always seemed to be in a rush.
    2) pat's defense got worse as game went on, colt's got better.

that's why, even if i think the PI calls were bogus, i don't care too much about them: it always felt as if the pats were trying to escape with a win even as they were leading by 10+. as udogg said, after the last int it sould've been game over.

there was this stupid poll at espn: had the colts got into pat's heads. i didn't think so, now i do. they didn't really trust they could win, and they didn't.

at some point this team will need to trust they can make a stop. until then, colts are better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread:
    [QUOTE]BTW:  Can we all please stop this nonsense that Peyton chokes and can't win the big game??  This is twice now that he has led the Colts down the field for game winning scores against the Pats.  He has 42 or so 4th qtr comebacks in his career.  He may not be the most clutch guy in NFL history but he's much better than you Pats fans will give him credit for.
    Posted by DFree93HOF[/QUOTE]
    Remember that Charger loss in the playoffs ... to a team without the starting QB or LT?  We should give him more credit for that one.  That took some real talent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Remember that Charger loss in the playoffs ... to a team without the starting QB or LT?  We should give him more credit for that one.  That took some real talent.
    Posted by NoHoldingCalls[/QUOTE]

Or we can just talk about tonight (That TD throw to Garcon was clutch) or we can talk about the AFC Champ. Game.  Dude made some clutch throws that night too.  I'm not asking you to proclaim him as the most clutch QB ever, but give the man some credit.  You know you were sweating bullets as the 4th QTR went on. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxMinion. Show RedSoxMinion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Or we can just talk about tonight (That TD throw to Garcon was clutch) or we can talk about the AFC Champ. Game.  Dude made some clutch throws that night too.  I'm not asking you to proclaim him as the most clutch QB ever, but give the man some credit.  You know you were sweating bullets as the 4th QTR went on. 

Bingo.  If you don't think Manning is one of the greatest comeback QBs in NFL history, I'd like a show of hands people that thought the Colts were NOT going to score a TD after the failed 4th and 2.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Or we can just talk about tonight (That TD throw to Garcon was clutch) or we can talk about the AFC Champ. Game.  Dude made some clutch throws that night too.  I'm not asking you to proclaim him as the most clutch QB ever, but give the man some credit.  You know you were sweating bullets as the 4th QTR went on. 
    I knew it was over once we didn't convert on the 4th down..  Before then, I wasn't sweating yet.  Honestly, though, I should have been.  The defense was depleted and against a no huddle, it is a killer if you don't have some extra bodies to swap.  As such, running plays come easy.  They were giving up yardage to Adai, a clear sign they were done.  Combine this with no creative offense and a dying running game, and you have a perfect mix for disaster.  I should have seen it coming better, but didn't.  Hopefully the team gets healthier and the offense gets more complex so if the teams face each other again, the same mistakes aren't made.
    Seriously, how do you lose to the Chargers without LT and Rivers?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Yes. That phantom PI call was totally clutch. Like he knew the ref would call it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Bingo.  If you don't think Manning is one of the greatest comeback QBs in NFL history, I'd like a show of hands people that thought the Colts were NOT going to score a TD after the failed 4th and 2.
    Posted by RedSoxMinion[/QUOTE]

Eli could have "led"a scoring drive from the 29.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Ignoring all the gutshot, pain induced reactions, I still have great faith in BB.  He made an extremely gutsy call with the game in balance and came out on the losing end.  He has been making the tough decisions for years and it's finally catching up to him.  To be honest, it is refreshing to know there is still a coach out there that is willing to make unpopular and extremely controversial calls because he thinks it is in the best interest of his team based on the game situation.  Let's be honest, the defense was completely shot.  They were injured, tired, and the Colts were marching at will down the field.  On the flipside, the Colts could not stop the Pats offense all night to the tune of 34 points.  Was it really inconceivable to think they could get TWO measly yards and kneel out the game? Like it or hate it, BB is still a great coach that made a calculated risk and lost.  If they had punted, would you have had any faith in them stopping a Manning led offense from scoring with a timeout and two minutes?  Brady said it best after the game (paraphrasing here): "Coach puts us in the situation and the players need to execute.  We didn't execute."

I totally agree with you. "ALL GUTS NO GLORY" says The NFL.com site.

We need to focus on getting the 2nd place in the AFC to get a BYE, then recieve a playoff game at home and then face indy once againg.

We ca totally still do it !!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Yes. That phantom PI call was totally clutch. Like he knew the ref would call it.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Do you hear that???  I think I hear a truck backing up to the Excuse wagon... Yep, Pats fans are gonna heap a bunch of BS into that one.  phantom PI call?  It's a judgement call man, it happens because it's football.  How about hanging onto the football around the goal line and then this so called "Phantom" PI call is a non issue. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxMinion. Show RedSoxMinion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Do you hear that???  I think I hear a truck backing up to the Excuse wagon... Yep, Pats fans are gonna heap a bunch of BS into that one.  phantom PI call?  It's a judgement call man, it happens because it's football.  How about hanging onto the football around the goal line and then this so called "Phantom" PI call is a non issue. 

The goal-line fumble ended up not changing the outcome of the game at all.  Colts went three and out then Welker had that monster punt return which ended with the Pats scoring a TD.  Same result with more time off the clock.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : The goal-line fumble ended up not changing the outcome of the game at all.  Colts went three and out then Welker had that monster punt return which ended with the Pats scoring a TD.  Same result with more time off the clock.

All the parts = the sum of the whole.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : All the parts = the sum of the whole.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Pats are 6-3 and atop the AFC East.  Stay strong K-dog, Jets are on the menu.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FionnFile. Show FionnFile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Do you hear that???  I think I hear a truck backing up to the Excuse wagon... Yep, Pats fans are gonna heap a bunch of BS into that one.  phantom PI call?  It's a judgement call man, it happens because it's football.  How about hanging onto the football around the goal line and then this so called "Phantom" PI call is a non issue. 

My reponse to this is on my blog for yesterday, not posted until today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EternalLaw. Show EternalLaw's posts

There's really no doubt about the blown PI call that let the Colts off the hook. The hometown spot of the 4th & 2 didn't hurt either.

It was like BDC Dottie was officiating that game...or someone just a blind, ignorant and worthless.

No worries. Expect Cincy to go riding into Indy during the playoffs to send Peyton to the crying towel.