Patriot Fans Please relax

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Patriot Fans Please relax

Yes the Jets, Dolphins, Ravens and other teams are making moves. The Pats are not. They are signing their own free agents then other players out there. Don't worry. The reason I say this is because we still have the draft. The Pats will make moves for players on draft day, depending on what the board looks like. After the draft, teams will have to drop players. As teams drop players. This is when I feel the Pats will make their move. Those players will come at a cheaper price. So please relax. o relax til the draft comes, and you will see the Pats start to make some moves.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Patriot Fans Please relax

In Response to Patriot Fans Please relax:
    Yes the Jets, Dolphins, Ravens and other teams are making moves. The Pats are not. They are signing their own free agents then other players out there. Don't worry. The reason I say this is because we still have the draft. The Pats will make moves for players on draft day, depending on what the board looks like. After the draft, teams will have to drop players. As teams drop players. This is when I feel the Pats will make their move. Those players will come at a cheaper price. So please relax. o relax til the draft comes, and you will see the Pats start to make some moves.
    Posted by PAULICAS1975
    Agreed the time for BB to do his magic act is the days of the draft,he will pull something out of the magicians hat at which time folks will squeal with joy!!! This was a short FA class because of the uncapped year,so with very few top quality FA's BB brought in the ones he thought would A) fit his teams needs and B) who wouldn't cost a kings ransom in the process. They to this point in time have signed one FA from another team Marquez Murrell who was a special teams star for the Jets,sometimes it's not the so called studs who prove to be the best players when trying to construct a team,but the unsung guys who go unnoticed who turn out to be the actual essense of the word...Teammate! Excuse me for forgetting the resigning of David Patten! So make that 2 outside of the organization signings.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Posted by PAULICAS1975

Here's the problem with your idea of waiting for the draft. First of all any recievers that they pick in the draft have never plaeyd in the pors and are very unproven at this level. Second we have seen New Englands fortunes at picking recievers in the draft. Free Agencey is the only place to get a quality reciever that may already sit into your system. I hope for ua all and the Patriots I am wrong but we just have to wait to see

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The draft. I would have more faith, but we haven't exactly drafted well out of the 1st round in recent years. Especially in round 2/3, they've been bad.

Draft hits                                                              Draft miss

Wilfork-- Round 1                                 Chad Jackson-- Round 2 
    Mayo-- Top 15 pick                               Bethel Johnson-- Round 2
    Mankins-- Round 1                                Kevin O'Connell-- Round 3
    Meriweather-- Round 1                          Terrence Wheatley -- Round 2
    Brady -- Round 6                                  Jonathan Wilhite-- Round 4
    Warren-- Round 1                                 Lawrence Maroney-- Round 1 
    Vollmer-- Round 2                                

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I didn't include the other round 2 picks in last year's draft because they barely saw any field action. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

aw, u missed 1. Watson=bust
                          Crable=bust

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Matt Light=BUST now, get rid of.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

Posted by PAULICAS1975

don't waste your breathe.  Its a society of instant gratification.  Hurry up and sign some overpriced marginal free agents.   Locking up wilfork, bodden, neal, faulk was the best thing the pats could do in the early stages of the offseason.  AS for the WR position, deion branch(when released) or torry holt as stop gap for welker.  Tate may wind up being great or nothing, but as fans we don't know so to say the patriots don't have  a chance at wr come draft day is crazy.  Same with Linebacker, lets see what this kid tyrone mckenzie can do.  anyways I just wasted my time, but I like to respond to posts started by reasonable fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

Paul is right....chill out Stomper and all you other panicky fans! The jests are no better now than when the season ended! Who would you rather have Ladanian or Thomas Jones? Jests lose on that deal. Cromartie? Chance to be goods but hasn't been goos since his rookie year, why do you think teams weren't beating down the door to get him?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpatriot12. Show patpatriot12's posts

Who cares what other teams do, free agency is hit or miss.  Do you really think Bill and company are going to sit back and do nothing with the perception that other teams are getting better.  I believe there is a plan in place and we have 5 months before anything really matters.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The Jets still don't have a proven QB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot Fans Please relax:
    In Response to Patriot Fans Please relax : Here's the problem with your idea of waiting for the draft. First of all any recievers that they pick in the draft have never plaeyd in the pors and are very unproven at this level. Second we have seen New Englands fortunes at picking recievers in the draft. Free Agencey is the only place to get a quality reciever that may already sit into your system. I hope for ua all and the Patriots I am wrong but we just have to wait to see
    Posted by Stompper

I guess you don't realize that there is the possiblilty of making trades on draft day.....And free agency is not the only way to get quality recievers.....there are not many out there right now...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

Remember Bolts!! How talented were they last few years. what did they win? It's easy to look at the signing and get panic. We will add few pieces and Tate and McKenzie will grow in to big talents and we will be fine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

The draft. I would have more faith, but we haven't exactly drafted well out of the 1st round in recent years. Especially in round 2/3, they've been bad. Draft hits                                                                Draft miss Wilfork-- Round 1                                 Chad Jackson-- Round 2  Mayo-- Top 15 pick                               Bethel Johnson-- Round 2 Mankins-- Round 1                                Kevin O'Connell-- Round 3 Meriweather-- Round 1                          Terrence Wheatley -- Round 2 Brady -- Round 6                                  Jonathan Wilhite-- Round 4 Warren-- Round 1                                 Lawrence Maroney-- Round 1  Vollmer-- Round 2                                
    Posted by 49Patriots

That is more hits than many teams have in recent years.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Great point russ. Wilhite performed very well in the slot the last half of his rookie year.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot Fans Please relax : I guess you don't realize that there is the possiblilty of making trades on draft day.....And free agency is not the only way to get quality recievers.....there are not many out there right now...
    Posted by m1021us

No to nswer your question, im very aware of the Draft and making trades, but I did say I hope the Pats get some good guys

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot Fans Please relax : No to nswer your question, im very aware of the Draft and making trades, but I did say I hope the Pats get some good guys
    Posted by Stompper

Then why the crying a week into free agency...that is when the desperate teams over spend for average talent....plenty of time left.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

I think sometimes the Pats get to hard of a shake on there sometimes bad draft picks.. my reasoning is how come people dont pick on the jets for bad drafting, example vernon gohlston drafted in the top 10  a few years back He's done NOTHING, you expect to get a little production out of a top ten pick even in his first couple years, on special teams or in sub packages AT LEAST a little production, but again golson had done zero and the jets dont take any heat for that. i suppose it bc theyve hit on a few picks and the coach that was there B4 isnt there to blame ,i guess. But seriously you win soem you loose some and the pats have had there fair share of hits and misses.. every team does, i think most pats fans expect the pats to be the best all the time but it doesnt work that way, i guarentee browns fans, lions fans etc, would absolutely love to have a team like the pats to cheer for..  when your down on the pats for not making a move you would have liked to see them make, just think fo what it would be like to be a browns fan, they just traded brady Quinn thier so called franchise QB of the future, and are now stuck with Jake Delhomme and senica Wallace.  so keep be happy with what you have it could be worse alot worse..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot Fans Please relax : He struggled in that game. He was in that position in zone coverage and Springs was new at CB at that point of the year. Keep in mind, they went from using him in man and Houston passing offense is a BEAST. I believe they led the league in pass yards. All with no PASS RUSH.
    Posted by russgriswold

STOP IT! No more defending Wilhite! He's not very good. Wilhite got picked on by every team last year, how come teams never threw at Bodden's direction?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot Fans Please relax : That is more hits than many teams have in recent years.....
    Posted by m1021us

First off, I wasn't comparing the Pats to other teams.
    Secondly, that's bull poopie. 

Colts' hits

Clark
    Wayne
    Garcon
    Collie
    Saturday
    Bethea
    Freeney
    Mathis
    Sanders
    Bullit
    Brackett
    McAfee

I'm not comparing the Pats to a scrub team, I'm comparing us to our biggest rivals.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot Fans Please relax : First off, I wasn't comparing the Pats to other teams. Secondly, that's bull poopie.  Colts' hits Clark Wayne Garcon Collie Saturday Bethea Freeney Mathis Sanders Bullit Brackett McAfee I'm not comparing the Pats to a scrub team, I'm comparing us to our biggest rivals.
    Posted by 49Patriots

Good man, somebody had to do it. BTW, you forgot to mention their QB - I am sorry I forgot his name. And Sanders, though good when healthy, hasn't been healthy much at all. But others especially those rookies of last year - Collie and Garcon - it really hurts me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot Fans Please relax : I don't Saturday was drafted. That's like saying the Pats hit on Damien Woody. Saturday is really old.  Sanders has played in les than 40% of his possible games. He's bascially a bust because what they have paid him and how much he plays.  Also, COllie is nothing special.  Edelman looks more impressive than Collie.  I don't even know who McAfee is.
    Posted by russgriswold

Here is the stats for Collie from last year.
    REC 60 YDS 676 AVG 11.3 TDS 7

Not saying Edelman is not good. I really like his play and am sure he is pretty good and I am not even going to compare him with Collie. But by just looking at Collie's numbers above, for a rookie, I think it is impressive and that too in a team also loaded with Wayne and Clark and Garcon had some 45 catches for 700 yards.

BTW, McAfee is their punter (I just looked him up) and yeah I donno what he is doing that list of "draft hits". In that case (or even if not) we should definitely include Gostkowski as a super-hit (he really is). I

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Last year was a very good draft. Except for Brace the 2nd rounders did quite well, and saw increased action as the season went on.  Pryor also did well.  Edelman was injured part of the year and was used a back up in a few more. In the games he started or saw extended action, however, he did very good. Tate could yet be a steal.  Undrafted Hoyer stuck as the backup QB.

The jury is still OUT on W & W, and Brace. Don't forget Guyton either.

I expect they will be very active around the draft, and suspect they will deal a pick for a valuable vet part.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

McAfee is a great punter. Probably has the best boot in football. I would rather have him over Hanson.

I'll take Saturday off the list because he was drafted(acquired) in the 1990s, which is why Peyton & Harrison are off my list, as well. Collie made my list because he saw alot more action than any rookie on the Pats roster and he made an impact (check the AFCC) like Vollmer.