Patriots 1st Round & 2nd Round Mock Update- April 3rd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

Patriots 1st Round & 2nd Round Mock Update- April 3rd

With the 22nd pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the New England Patriots select:

RYAN MATHEWS HB FRESNO STATE

I know this is a stretching a bit, but I think this kid is a perfect back for the Patriots system. He's like Kevin Faulk, except stronger and more athletic.

Also, as much as I love Brandon Graham at 22, the Falcons are going to pick him. And honestly, I like Odrick from Penn State, but NOT at 22. If Graham is picked, this should be the Pat's plan B

BTW second round picks:

44- Jerry Hughes DE/OLB TCU

47- Tim Tebow QB Florida

53- Damian Williams WR USC

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Re: Patriots 1st Round & 2nd Round Mock Update- April 3rd

#22 Jahvid Best,RB, Cal  or Maurkice Pouncey,OL, Florida
    #44 Alex Carrington, DE, Ark. State
    #47 Rob Gronkowski,TE, Arizona or Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU
    #53 Kam Chancellor, S, Va Tech or Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa
     Would love to pick up LeGarrette Blount, RB,Oregon with a later pick, also  WR, OL/DL depth, more LB'S and a Punter....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

thats wasting 2 of your top 4 picks. Mathews at 22? Not a chance in hell. Tebow? Another wasted pick. Hughes and Williams? OK at least your reading some draft info.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from David233. Show David233's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots 1st Round & 2nd Round Mock Update- April 3rd:
    thats wasting 2 of your top 4 picks. Mathews at 22? Not a chance in hell. Tebow? Another wasted pick. Hughes and Williams? OK at least your reading some draft info.
    Posted by timsandra

I agree 100%.  How about:

22 - Golden Tate WR, Notre Dame
    44 - Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB, Clemson
    47 - Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona
    53 - Best available OG or C

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

22- Devin McCourty,CB(with Butler best CB tandem in 5 more yrs.)
    44- Jahvid Best,HB( Faulk replacement in 2011)
    47- Jerry Hughes,OLB(top 5 in sacks for next 6-8 yrs.)
    53- Anthony McCoy,TE(next Crumpler when with the Falcons)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

22-GrahamDE/OLB
    44-Hughes-OLB
    47-Gerhart-RB
    53-Houston-DE

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

22- Trade with KC for pick 36 and 50. (If Brandon Graham is gone)
    36- Alex Carrington, DE
    44- Ricky Sapp, OLB
    47- Jared Veldheer, OT
    50- Sean Lee, MLB
    53- Ben Tate, RB

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from big9er. Show big9er's posts

1st LB Brandon Graham
    2nd RB Ryan Matthews
    2nd WR Damien Williams
    2nd S Kam Chancellor

These players step in right away & contribute

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Keep trying guys you will get it right eventually!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

#22 Jahvid Best,RB, Cal  or Maurkice Pouncey,OL, Florida #44 Alex Carrington, DE, Ark. State #47 Rob Gronkowski,TE, Arizona or Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU #53 Kam Chancellor, S, Va Tech or Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa  Would love to pick up LeGarrette Blount, RB,Oregon with a later pick, also  WR, OL/DL depth, more LB'S and a Punter....
    Posted by dwhite1220

I agree Blount could be a sleeper

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Patriots 1st Round & 2nd Round Mock Update- April 3rd:
    With the 22nd pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the New England Patriots select: RYAN MATHEWS HB FRESNO STATE I know this is a stretching a bit, but I think this kid is a perfect back for the Patriots system. He's like Kevin Faulk, except stronger and more athletic. Also, as much as I love Brandon Graham at 22, the Falcons are going to pick him. And honestly, I like Odrick from Penn State, but NOT at 22. If Graham is picked, this should be the Pat's plan B BTW second round picks: 44- Jerry Hughes DE/OLB TCU 47- Tim Tebow QB Florida 53- Damian Williams WR USC Thoughts?
    Posted by NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD

matthews is the highest rated RB on the board, besides spiller. I doubt if he'll be there at 22 and, even if he was, BB might not take him. Our needs at DE and OLB are critical and I believe that's where we're going with #22 (graham or kindle) and #44 (carlos dunlap or alex carrington).

I really hope not to see Tebow in our second round. Again, we have too many needs now, not 3 years from now.  I'd like to see us take a RB or TE here, whichever is highest on our board. Could be some real quality falling to #53.

With the #53 pick, I think we go after a WR, maybe williams but whoever is highest on the pat's board at this point.

Out 4th rounder should be spend on OT and the rest hardly matter, as they're basically crap shoots. OUt of the six 6th and 7th rounders, maybe two make the team or practice squad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

Brandon Graham wont get by the falcons! I really want Graham but, if he gets by the falcons he is OURS!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Patriots 1st Round & 2nd Round Mock Update- April 3rd:
    With the 22nd pick in the 2010 NFL draft, the New England Patriots select: RYAN MATHEWS HB FRESNO STATE I know this is a stretching a bit, but I think this kid is a perfect back for the Patriots system. He's like Kevin Faulk, except stronger and more athletic. Also, as much as I love Brandon Graham at 22, the Falcons are going to pick him. And honestly, I like Odrick from Penn State, but NOT at 22. If Graham is picked, this should be the Pat's plan B BTW second round picks: 44- Jerry Hughes DE/OLB TCU 47- Tim Tebow QB Florida 53- Damian Williams WR USC Thoughts?
    I don't like Tebow there I would replace him with Lamar Houston DE Texas.Everything else looks great.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

n Response to Re: Patriots 1st Round & 2nd Round Mock Update- April 3rd:
    In Response to Patriots 1st Round & 2nd Round Mock Update- April 3rd : matthews is the highest rated RB on the board, besides spiller. I doubt if he'll be there at 22 and, even if he was, BB might not take him. Our needs at DE and OLB are critical and I believe that's where we're going with #22 (graham or kindle) and #44 (carlos dunlap or alex carrington). I really hope not to see Tebow in our second round. Again, we have too many needs now , not 3 years from now.  I'd like to see us take a RB or TE here, whichever is highest on our board. Could be some real quality falling to #53. With the #53 pick, I think we go after a WR, maybe williams but whoever is highest on the pat's board at this point. Out 4th rounder should be spend on OT and the rest hardly matter, as they're basically crap shoots. OUt of the six 6th and 7th rounders, maybe two make the team or practice squad.
    Posted by unclealfie
    Ryan Mathews will definitely be there at 22. I would love for BB to trade the pick to San Diego for the 28th Pick leaving us in the first round and picking up a third round pick. We still will be able to get Odrick at this spot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

I doubt BB knowing his needs on defense is going to use his top picks for a running back or reciever

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

Everyone-

I picked Tebow to the patriots, because I TRULY believe BB loves his ability and potential as a sleeper in this draft in the second round. I don't support picking him here (much rather see them pick him in the 3rd-4th round). I just think he really is in love with Tebow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I disagree. If BB wants Tebow he doesn't go near him pre-draft. By having dinner with Tebow BB created quite a stir and caused many to consider taking him higher than was originally thought. You have to admit the dinner created increased interest and chatter regarding Tebow, and now teams are thinking he can go anywhere (even in the first round). If BB wanted Tebow then the last thing he would've done is to have a very public dinner with him.

Remember, they've been scouting this guy for 4 years. They know everything they need to know. What do you think they were talking about at dinner? The purpose of the meeting is to get people like you and me thinking BB really likes Tebow, which in turn could create buzz which would make rival GM's wonder if something is going on. If BB was truly interested there is no way they would hold such a public meeting.

Everyone- I picked Tebow to the patriots, because I TRULY believe BB loves his ability and potential as a sleeper in this draft in the second round. I don't support picking him here (much rather see them pick him in the 3rd-4th round). I just think he really is in love with Tebow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Again, just think about it. If Belichick truly loved Tebow's ability why would he want us to know about it 3 weeks before the draft? Do you think BB had dinner with Mayo a few years back predraft? Hell no. That pick was a surprise because they didn't indicate interest to gain a competitive advantage. Unless BB has changed his collors, it's definitely a misdirection play.

Everyone- I picked Tebow to the patriots, because I TRULY believe BB loves his ability and potential as a sleeper in this draft in the second round. I don't support picking him here (much rather see them pick him in the 3rd-4th round). I just think he really is in love with Tebow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Mord: I love the aggressive of going after premiere pass rushers! I think it's unlikely that they pick two conversion type guys with 2 of their first 4, but stranger things have happened.

Many will say they don't expect Graham to be around at 22. Would you consider trading up to land him? I definitely would.

22-GrahamDE/OLB 44-Hughes-OLB 47-Gerhart-RB 53-Houston-DE
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots12x81. Show Patriots12x81's posts

1.odrick
    2.kindle
    2.Demarylious Thomas/ Damian Williams
    2.Pouncey/best(if there)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

All interesting mocks for 1-2.

49Pats..would love to trade our 22 for KC's 36 & 50. Don't see Pioli buying it as he has more holes to fill than us, and he knows how deep this draft is...but, love it.

Mords draft is interesting...If Graham is there at 22, I would use the pick and draft him. Also like the Hughes pick in round 2, but I do question the Gerhart and Houston picks. 
    As much as I like Gerhart, my feeling is we get out of the 2nd with no RB's, and look to the 4th or trade up into the 3rd and grab Ben Tate. 
    Houston...I love the guy, but not sure he is a true 3-4 DE. I know he can play the DT spot well in a 4-3, but I think what we need given our abundance of DT's on the roster now, is a pure 3-4 DE in the mold of Sey.

So, using Mord's mock I'm adding mine..(Thanks Mord)
    22 - Graham if there (i think he can play 4-3 DE, OLB and is versatile..like him)
    44 - Gronkowski (TE of the future and the now..best all around TE in draft i think)
    47 - Alualu (our 3-4 DE, can move to DT in a 4-3)
    53 - DWilliams/Emmanuel Sanders (WR...good route runners, instant 2nd or 3rd WR's)

Possibly flip flop 47 & 53...but I think the Pats need to go WR in round 2...I think there is WR talent all the way into round 7, just not sure the quality...I really like Emmanual Sanders as he had a great pro-day and looked the most polished amongst all WR's coming out this year...several analysts comments..., Graham adds instant strength to the front 7 and will be versatile, Alualu is our starting DE day 1, Gronkowski the same. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

I doubt BB knowing his needs on defense is going to use his top picks for a running back or reciever
    Posted by Stompper

Agreed.

"Puttin on the foil, coach"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cgcl. Show cgcl's posts

What I want them to do:

22 - Brandon Graham
    44 - Golden Tate
    47 - That RB from Tennesee - forgot his name
    53 - Damian Williams

What they'll probably do to tick me off:

22 - Jermaine Gresham
    44 - Terrence Cody
    47 - Tim Tebow
    53 - Random player no one has ever heard of at a position where we have no need.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

What I want them to do: 22 - Brandon Graham 44 - Golden Tate 47 - That RB from Tennesee - forgot his name 53 - Damian Williams What they'll probably do to tick me off: 22 - Jermaine Gresham 44 - Terrence Cody 47 - Tim Tebow 53 - Random player no one has ever heard of at a position where we have no need.
    Posted by cgcl
    Montario Hardesty

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Patslifer, I chose Houston over Alualu because much of the scouting I am reading indicates he is best suited for a 4-3 DT even though he played 3-4 DE.  Gerhart wont be spectacular, but a solid RB that gets the hard yardage and moves the chains.  He can allow us to grind it out.  I miss that in our O.  Reason for Hughes, I think we are that weak on OLBs.  TBC can pass rush, but little else IMO.  Thomas I think will be gone.  Woods, well, is woods.  And I can see us getting a TE in the 4th that is good.  WR wise, I have a feeling a trade is coming, but not sure on the cost.  I am still thinking Dwayne Bowe.