Patriots 53 man roster as of right now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Patriots 53 man roster as of right now

Stone Cold Locks= Blue
    Likely= Green
    Bubble= black
    Practice squad= Orange/Red is the 9th PS position allowed by NFL rules for a player that lives outside the US. 

53 Players minus the Practice Squaders.

QB: Brady, Hoyer, Robinson
    RB: Morris, Taylor, Faulk, Maroney, Green
    TE: Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Agnone
    WR: Moss, Holt, Price, Edleman, Tate, Stanbeck
    OT: Light, Vollmer, Kaczur, Welch, Bussey
    OG: Mankins, NealConnoly, Wendell
    C: Koppen, Larsen, Connoly

Dline: Wilfork, T. Warren, G. Warren, Pryor, Wright, Brace, Deaderick, Weston 
    ILB: Mayo, Spikes, McKenzie,
    Guyton
    OLB: TBC,
    Cunningham, Crable, Murrell, Alexander
    CB: Bodden, Butler, McCourty, Springs, Wilhite,
    Wheatley
    S: Merriweather, Chung, Sanders, McGowan

K: Gostokowski
    P: Zoltan (the great), Aussie Punter is eligable for 9th spot per NFL rules due to he lives outside the US.
    LS: Jake Ingrahm

KR: Slater 

Now, looking at this there are two weak areas as I see it right now... RB and OLB. And spots like O-line that could get better but are good enough for one more year if need be. I think this is a pretty solid 53 man Roster with some tallent on the PS. 
    Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Re: Patriots 53 man roster as of right now

some of the positions, like ILB S TE CB and maybe WR, could be taken care of for years. looks like they are getting ready for another run

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

Once again, it looks like the OLB is still our biggest concern.  We can have all of the greatest DB's in the world, but if the opposing QB's have all day, like they have the last couple of years, we will get burned again!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I agree sirpinochle, I think this is a solid roster maybe not as deep as 2008 but if they have a chance to upgrade a position or two with the second period of free agency (most people think there will be some very good veterans available as teams adjust their rosters after the draft compared to most years due to no cap hits) this team could be just about as scarey as 2008 was. I Also haven't taken into account any undrafted Free Agents. There will likely be one that at least makes the Practice Squad. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

emily I agree but I think there is likely a move left to be made to bring in a OLB in the second period of free agency that runs now through the end of camp but starts in earnest on June first. Maybe even a trade if the right one is available somewhere. This year is unlike any before with the lack of a cap teams will be releasing players and trading players they find they don't need after they see how the draft picks do for a while more then ever before with no cap hits.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Looks like a logjam at Dline...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

I too am hoping some beast of a free agent is available in the next couple of months at OLB.  It would be so great to see someone who could consistantly get to the QB!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

And, are you thinking Welker starts the season on IR?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

My 2 cents on the 53 man squad.

QB x2
    Brady, Hoyer

WR x5
    Moss,Edelman,Tate,Price,Holt

TE x 3
    Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez,

OL x 9
    Vollmer,Neal,Light,Le Voir,Kaczur,Ohrenberger,Mankin,Koppen,Connelly

RB x5
    Maroney, Faulk,Taylor,Morris,BGE

Defence

DE/DL x 8
    Warren,Wilfork,Pryor,Wright,Brace,Warren,Lewis,

LB x7
    Mayo,Guyton,Banta Cain,McKenzie,Ninkovicw,Spikes,Cunningham

CB x 5
    Bodden,Butler,Wheatley,Whilite,McCourtey

S x 4
    Meriweather,McGowan,Sanders,Chung

Special Teams x3
    Woods,Alexander, Murrow

Long snapper x1
    Hodan

Kicker/Punters x2
    Ghost and Zoltan

IR X 1
    Welker

Practice Squad x 8

Deaderick, Weston, Richards ,Welch, Bussey,Robinson,Agnone,Stanbach

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I'm pretty sure Welker will start the season on PuP and not IR. From everything i've heard he's doing very well with his rehab.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

look either Burgess to return or a guy cut to join the OLB core

cannot see Woods and Ninkovich being anymore that depth guys

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilycuba33. Show emilycuba33's posts

Yeah, I meant PUP, not IR

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

emily Welker is PUP in my opinion and then if he is able will come off and then obviously someone has to be cut or put on the PS.

Hoyle... I also don't see LeVoir being on the team once final cuts are made.

Rebs... I don't see Burgess being brought back unless he is still available and there is an injury or someone just really stinks it up etc. Unfortunately he was a waste of those picks (atleast the 3rd round one) because he was probably worth the 5th at most we also gave up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Patriots 53 man roster as of right now:
    Stone Cold Locks= Blue Likely= Green Bubble= black Practice squad= Orange/ Red is the 9th PS position allowed by NFL rules for a player that lives outside the US.   53 Players minus the Practice Squaders. QB: Brady, Hoyer , Robinson RB: Morris, Taylor , Faulk , Maroney , Green TE: Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Agnone WR: Moss, Holt, Price, Edleman, Tate, Stanbeck OT: Light , Vollmer , Kaczur, Welch, Bussey OG: Mankins , Neal ,  Connoly , Wendell C: Koppen , Larsen , Connoly Dline: Wilfork, T. Warren , G. Warren , Pryor , Wright, Brace, Deaderick, Weston  ILB: Mayo , Spikes , McKenzie , Guyton OLB: TBC , Cunningham, Crable, Murrell, Alexander CB: Bodden, Butler, McCourty, Springs,  Wilhite, Wheatley S: Merriweather, Chung, Sanders, McGowan K: Gostokowski P: Zoltan (the great), Aussie Punter is eligable for 9th spot per NFL rules due to he lives outside the US . LS: Jake Ingrahm KR: Slater   Now, looking at this there are two weak areas as I see it right now... RB and OLB. And spots like O-line that could get better but are good enough for one more year if need be. I think this is a pretty solid 53 man Roster with some tallent on the PS.  Thoughts?
    Posted by DaBlade
    Reading your tea leaves told me that you think there are 7 open spots on the 53 man roster I can give you 3 guys who will make that roster,Anderson,Fletcher and possibly Pashall all three are UDFA's WR,OLB and RB,I wouldn't have put Fletcher in the OLB class but because of his size I'm pretty sure he won't be a down lineman. I watched Anderson all of the last 2 seasons as I found the MEAC conference had a lot of really good WR's and I enjoy the passing game,Anderson was an elite receiver in this league who caught a pass in 54 consecutive games! Some of the teams in his conference woul triple team him and he still would get free for a catch. Fletcher is Tedy Bruschi incarnate,might as well just issue this kid #53 and watch him play. Paschall is a crafty running back who follows his blocks really well and from what I could gather from the short clip he is hard to bring down. Oh and he doesn't Dance!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots 53 man roster as of right now:
    And, are you thinking Welker starts the season on IR?
    Posted by emilycuba33
    I think he'll start on the PUP list which meanss he won't play for the first 6 games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

My 2 cents on the 53 man squad. QB x2 Brady, Hoyer WR x5 Moss,Edelman,Tate,Price,Holt TE x 3 Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez, OL x 9 Vollmer,Neal,Light,Le Voir,Kaczur,Ohrenberger,Mankin,Koppen,Connelly RB x5 Maroney, Faulk,Taylor,Morris,BGE Defence DE/DL x 8 Warren,Wilfork,Pryor,Wright,Brace,Warren,Lewis, LB x7 Mayo,Guyton,Banta Cain,McKenzie,Ninkovicw,Spikes,Cunningham CB x 5 Bodden,Butler,Wheatley,Whilite,McCourtey S x 4 Meriweather,McGowan,Sanders,Chung Special Teams x3 Woods,Alexander, Murrow Long snapper x1 Hodan Kicker/Punters x2 Ghost and Zoltan IR X 1 Welker Practice Squad x 8 Deaderick, Weston, Richards ,Welch, Bussey,Robinson,Agnone,Stanbach
    Posted by hoyle
    I'm sure it was just a typo but the long snappers name is Ingram. I notice that you left off Lockett,Arrington,and Aiken those were three pretty solid special teams performers,also I guess neither Davis nor Williams will make the team,and they were late additions to last years squad as b/u linebackers. I will give you 5 names too watch.Ohrenberger,Deaderick,Fletcher,Anderson and Paschall I'm not a tea leaf reader but from the film I've watched on 4 of them I'd say their chances will be pretty good to make the team and I don't mean Practice squad. I don't know the rules pertaining to PS team members but I don't think that once you've been activated from the practice squad that you can return to it without first being waived so you might have a problem with sneaking Stanback through to the PS again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Offense
    PositionSideStarterBackup STPractice S.PUP
    QB-BradyHoyer Robinson 
    RB-TaylorLaurence BJGEPascall 
    3rd RB-Faulk   
    WRRightMossPriceAnderson 
    WRLeftHoltTate Welker
    WRSlotEdelman   
    TE-CrumplerGrunk Hernandez  
    OTLeftLightVollmer Welch  
    OTRightVollmerKaczur   
    OGLeftMankinsBussey  
    OGRightNealOhrnberger   
    C-Connolly Larsen  
    Defense 34 base
    PositionSideStarterBackup STPractice S.PUP
    DELeftT WarrenWright Richard - 
    NT-WilforkBrace   Lewis PryorGordon Grady 
    DERightG WarrenDeaderick Weston 
    OLBLeftTBCCrable      B Davis  
    MLBLeftSpikesGuyton Williams 
    MLBRightMayoMcKenzie  
    OLBRightCunninghamMurrell Woods   
    CBLeftButlerMcCourty  
    CBRightBoddenWilhite Wheatley  
    FS-Sander   
    SS-ChungMerri  
    ST
    K Ghost   
    P Zoltan   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Good overview DaBlade

I'll go out on a limb and call Cunningham and Spikes locks since they are 2nd rounders.  Maybe even McKenzie too.  Crable I'd put on the bubble, but they must like something about him to keep him around.  Guyton may not be the best fit for the 3-4, so maybe he is on the bubble, but I like his grit and smarts.  Brace will get one more year to prove he was worth a #2.  Murrell I'd say is a maybe, not a lock.  He'll have to be a good special teamer and backup to unseat Woods and/or Ninkovich. Slater was among their top special teams players, I think he makes it, but over who I don't know.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Sanders traded at some point.     

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I agree Sanders getting traded makes a lot of sense but I thought it would happen prior to the draft. Maybe he gets delt to a team with an injury at Safety.

Murell I think is a lock because he is a good special teams player. I put him on the 53 instead of Woods and Ninkovich. Another player I didn't know what I would do with and ultimately decided to keep on the 53 but put on the bubble was Wheatley. He has all the skills he just needs to put it together.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLDubbs. Show SLDubbs's posts

There is now way that Merriweather is not starting over Chung. You don't punish a pro-bowl safety like that.
    Offense Position Side Starter Backup ST Practice S. PUP QB - Brady Hoyer   Robinson   RB - Taylor Laurence BJGE Pascall   3rd RB - Faulk       WR Right Moss Price Anderson   WR Left Holt Tate   Welker WR Slot Edelman       TE - Crumpler Grunk Hernandez     OT Left Light Vollmer Welch     OT Right Vollmer Kaczur       OG Left Mankins Bussey     OG Right Neal Ohrnberger       C - Connolly   Larsen     Defense   34 base Position Side Starter Backup ST Practice S. PUP DE Left T Warren Wright Richard   -   NT - Wilfork Brace    Lewis Pryor Gordon Grady   DE Right G Warren Deaderick   Weston   OLB Left TBC Crable       B Davis     MLB Left Spikes Guyton   Williams   MLB Right Mayo McKenzie     OLB Right Cunningham Murrell Woods       CB Left Butler McCourty     CB Right Bodden Wilhite Wheatley     FS - Sander       SS - Chung Merri     ST K   Ghost       P   Zoltan      
    Posted by Pats7393

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

There is now way that Merriweather is not starting over Chung. You don't punish a pro-bowl safety like that. In Response to Re: Patriots 53 man roster as of right now :
    Posted by SLDubbs

Knew it was only a matter of time, it is not about the name on the back of the jersey its about the one in the front.  He's a liability and all those Merri fans keep living the dream.  The best player will start and I believe Chung will be that guy.  Look at all the picks and FAs.  The link between all is toughness sure tacklers, hell even the punter at 6'4" 232 can probably put some wood on some guys.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLDubbs. Show SLDubbs's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots 53 man roster as of right now : Knew it was only a matter of time, it is not about the name on the back of the jersey its about the one in the front.  He's a liability and all those Merri fans keep living the dream.  The best player will start and I believe Chung will be that guy.  Look at all the picks and FAs.  The link between all is toughness sure tacklers, hell even the punter at 6'4" 232 can probably put some wood on some guys.
    Posted by Pats7393

IDK man. I just don't see how Merriweather isn't your best option. To be completely honest with you I think that Chung would start at Strong Safety and Merriweather play free. That way you have Merriweather who can raom the defensive backfield and be a ballhawk. Chung seems like a guy who can run up in run support, most likely do a better job then Merriweather in that aspect. I will admit that Merriweather had some moments in which he pretty blew and gave up huge plays nut so did the whole secondary.

Removing Merriweather would be like the Titans starting a rookie RB over Johnson.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLDubbs. Show SLDubbs's posts

Excuse my spelling

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Merriweather is the free safety and strong safety will be Chung. 

The biggest issue here is Sanders... what do they do with him , he is too good to be a back up and would start for many teams. They have to trade him I would think.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Cut Maryweather and Mcgowan.  Start Sanders and Chung, with Slater and Locket in reserve.  The draft was all about getting physical and Maryweather is as big a Nancy as they come ... well except for Maroney.