Patriots among teams that make most sense for Russell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

Patriots among teams that make most sense for Russell

id cry if he came to us: (
    Heres the link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d817ff896&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

In New England, he would not only join a strong locker room that could show him how to be a pro, but their shotgun-heavy system is similar to the offense that he directed in college. In addition, he would enjoy the luxury of learning from Tom Brady. Observing one of the top quarterbacks in the game on a daily basis will provide Russell some of the mentoring that he desperately missed during his time in Oakland. Furthermore, he would operate under a head coach known for melding his system to the talents of his players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Re: Patriots among teams that make most sense for Russell

No chance.  He played here already under his alias Rohan Davey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The kid's got no work ethic.

You can't "mentor" a kid who's not paying attention.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

If I remember correctly he scored slightly below Ameba on his Wounderlick test.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Might make sense for Russell but doesn't make sense for the Patriots

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Yes, he might work out fine as a parking lot attendant, but I wouldn't trust him to pour a draft at Gillette.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't for one minute believe that he would last in a BB coached system which the first priority is team first,work ethic second,and understanding that you don't speak about the Patriots even when asked directly! Or in other words the silence is golden do your job theory and don't tell a soul as they will be able to see it in your play. Sorry Jamarcus the bus don't stop in Foxboro,MA

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think you actually should want to play football before you become a Pat.  I mean, can we agree that having a desire to play football is a basic requirement to become a Patriot?  Russell made his money, then subsequently lost his desire to play, or at least do all the things needed to be a player.  He will be the NFL's poster child for a rookie wage scale.  Russell is the worst kind of bust there is; a player who doesn't even try hard.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

I actually think he could make it at TE. He does not posses the brains to be a NFL QB

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots among teams that make most sense for Russell:
    I actually think he could make it at TE. He does not posses the brains to be a NFL QB
    Posted by viewer222

you're tight on both points. he could be a tight end, and he's surely not a true pro QB.

how could he have been a#1? i laughed about it then and laugh about it now, has to be the biggest bust in pro footbal ever

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If I remember correctly he scored slightly below Ameba on his Wounderlick test.
    Posted by Tcal2

I thought it was Paramesium.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

He is exactly the opposite of what Belichick looks for in a player. Bill is even willing to trade some speed and athleticism for intelligence.

There is no way Belichick would go after a player that unable to grasp the NFL game mentally- let alone at the QB position. I'd be willing to bet that was the biggest reason they passed on Dez Bryant.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The kid's got no work ethic. You can't "mentor" a kid who's not paying attention.
    Posted by p-mike

I believe this is why Oaktown gave up on him.  Some just want to get paid; others want to play football.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

If BB wanted a big strong QB with a low football IQ he would have drafted "whats his name"