Patriots and Giants Game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Re: Patriots and Giants Game thread

BOOM
    MONEY

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

Who is  D.Jenkins??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots and Giants Game thread:
    [QUOTE]Who is  D.Jenkins??
    Posted by NEforever[/QUOTE]

I hope he makes the practice squad

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Who is  D.Jenkins??
    Posted by NEforever[/QUOTE]

This year's Terrance Nunn?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

D forces a 3 and out!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots and Giants Game thread : This year's Terrance Nunn?
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]
    The next T-Nunn, your right!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Price is having a bad game

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

NOOOO
    HOYER INJURED

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Price is having a bad game
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

Yeah, some of the undrafted guys are looking better tonight.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Come on D, win this game

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

So why are the Pats corners always 10 yards off of the receivers?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

not what I was hoping for!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

i feel a wave of bashing the D coming on...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Farnham doing it all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

No need to bash the defense.  Willingham is not an NFL corner and Farnham is a wide receiver.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

That was ugly

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Price will be dangerous once he gets his sideline footing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

[QUOTE]Price is having a bad game
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

Once he learns to get his feet down, he'll be OK

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

No key injuries,bring on the REAL SEASON.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

this was an awful game. Though we were ahead for awhile. I really thought we would win this one. I don't think zac robinson is that good. anyone else? Is anyone worried about the game against the Bengals? I think if Brady had stayed in we would have won. Yeah I know it is only preseason.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I'm hoping that the bland/vanilla cover-2 zone that we saw for the majority of the game isn't going to happen come the regular season. 

I rarely saw man-coverage out there, and that was causing a lot of issues. Let's just hope that this was a basic gameplan that didn't reveal much, and come September 12th, we'll be running a more advanced scheme. 

Aside from the first drive, the first team defense looked alright. Zoltan is a monster too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Same old story...the "D" can't hold a lead in the closing minutes...the Pats' can't punch it into the endzone with three tries from a yard out...the second team OL succkks, leading to an injury to good looking back-up QB, Brian Hoyer...poor play by the defensive front 7...and little if any pass-rush.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

how about the  tv coverage losing audio, going in and out of HD , man i know its preseason but it was horrible

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

didn't get to post during the game, but I still like darnell jenkins, i hope me makes the team

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Ovrall, I believe that Brady and company learned valuable lessons in the New Meadowlands stadium tonight, such as, wear better cleats because everybody slips on that new astroturf like crazy. 

The media is going to say that BB rode his first team harder than usual by playing them at New Meadowlands.  I say that BB got the team ready for the Jets game 17 days from now by exploring the terrain.  In doing so, he reduced the Jets' home field advantage.   I say that BB is interested in tangible benefits that lead to wins in the regular season standings.

Because preseason games count zero in the standings, I take the games with a grain of salt.  Honestly, if I were the Patriots coach after the first-stringers dismantled New Orleans and Atlanta, I would order various players to each quietly commit one major gaffe in the game.  If Brady were ordered to commit a gaffe he would throw a long bomb at Randy Moss 75 yards downfield, when Brady can't actually throw the ball more than 60 yards.  If Moss were ordered to commit a gaffe he would try his best not to break up the interception or to tackle the defensive player afterwards.  Give the guy a chance to either run it back 20 yards or maybe break a touchdown.  If Tully Banta-Cain were ordered to commit a gaffe last week he would butt helmets with the quarterback, extremely gently of course (!), on third and long.  Or, TBC might leave the line of scrimmage a little bit early on a critical play.  It's the Patriots veterans that have made all of the stupid gaffes lately.

Assuming that my theory is correct, BB is put in the unenviable position of having to chew his team out for gaffes that he ordered them to commit in the first place.  If it works, all of this chicanery tells the gullible national media pundits that their prognosis is correct, that the Patriots aren't going anywhere this year.  BB may be closed-mouthed, but he just isn't a perfect liar, so these press conferences lately have been hard for him to pull off.  He's pretty noncommittal at them.

If all of this works, the major media will write the Pats off as incompetent.  New York will be pre-crowned as the division king.  Then the actual regular season will begin, no one will be looking for the Patriots and the Pats will tear through other teams like a wolf in a flock of sheep.  Amazing what a little deliberate subterfuge can do. 

Would you trust Bill Belichick to be completely honest about something that gives his team a more winning edge?  I wouldn't.