Patriots @ Bengals REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Patriots @ Bengals REPORT CARD

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

1. DL: Playing their first entire game without Vince Wilfolk anchoring the middle, the DL had some trouble stopping the run, as BJGE and rookie Giavanni Bernard combined for 129 yards on 32 carries. But, the majority of that came later in the game, when the ineptitude of the Pats' "O" had forced the "D" to play for over 34 minutes. QB Andy Dalton also hurt the Pats by picking up some key first downs with his scrambling, as he gained 25 yards on 5 attempts. Though chances of getting to Dalton were diminished by the Bengals limiting him to throwing slants and check-downs throughout the game, The Jones boys were able to get to him on a couple of occasions...as the DL registered 2.5 sacks. GRADE: B;

This is actually no quite accurate. With 12 minutes to go in the third quarter, the time of possession was pretty much even (the Pats had possessed the ball for 16:51 to the Bengals 16:09). That was when the actual damage was done by the Bengals offensive line. They had back to back drives of 13 plays for 59 yards and an FG, and 14 plays for 97 yards and a TD. There was no excuse for the defense to be "worn out" at that point in the game.

You're insane. Our D which had an offense which was not able to cross midfield before halftime was not affected?

LOL!

We're on the road and a team that is basically playing a SB for their season at home is not benefitting from our terrible offense, which in turn, hurts our D?

There was "no excuse" for the D to be worn out but our offense can't hammer it in for effect from the 1/4 yard line because Brady wants that TD streak to continue?

We just lost a game because Brady wanted to keep his TD streak.

Listen to yourself.

Propaganda again. We didn't lose the game because Brady wanted his td streak to continue. We lost the game because the offense couldn't score and totally looked out of sorts. Brady was off, the wr's couldn't catch, the OL had a tough time with Cincys dts. total offense collapse, poor, poor play calling. 

I am not sure Russ what you expect from an offense that is severely dinged up and relying so heavily on rookies for production. Was it reasonable to believe we could lose by purpose or accident our top 4-5 receiving targets and keep the tank rolling? No. 

Given the amount of investment bb has sunk in the defense, its about time we see the payoff. Time for them to carry the team for a bit. 

TP...nice grading and thanks for the write up. Overall I cant disagree with any of those grades. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Can't really disagree with any of the grades. Tom truly deserves an F for that performance he was awful. Pat you brought up something that got to me also, the play calling. I thought the play calling was bad.

There was play calling? It was obvious there was no game plan to deal with the Cincy rush. It looked to me like they were were using one of those 8 ball answer toys to call plays.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

You gave Brady and F, but a C to the 0-line. I know it was a hard game to grade but an F! I thought he made the plays that were there. Had a couple off throws, but for the most part, the playcalling stunk and the O-line got owned. How is that ALL on Brady?

Atleast you gave the coaching a D. When your offense puts up 6 points,  There are a lot of factors bro.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

You gave Brady and F, but a C to the 0-line. I know it was a hard game to grade but an F! I thought he made the plays that were there. Had a couple off throws, but for the most part, the playcalling stunk and the O-line got owned. How is that ALL on Brady?

Atleast you gave the coaching a D. When your offense puts up 6 points,  There are a lot of factors bro.

I would also give the O-line a lower score, if anyone watches the game again there are a few passes were Brady couldn't step in the pocket or into the throw becuase the DL were getting great push up the middle.  This is a game where no part of the O should get even above a D-/ F.

Also where was the TE? If the Pats can't send out one big man a few plays to clear the middle and the OL pick up the slack during 4 man rushes is the line that good?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

I would also give the O-line a lower score, if anyone watches the game again there are a few passes were Brady couldn't step in the pocket or into the throw becuase the DL were getting great push up the middle.  This is a game where no part of the O should get even above a D-/ F.

Also where was the TE? If the Pats can't send out one big man a few plays to clear the middle and the OL pick up the slack during 4 man rushes is the line that good?

The line is not that good. They do ok vs regular teams. Against teams like Detroit who have more than one good guy, we get dominated....consistently. I dont know why folks think they are great. Solder gave up a sack trying to help inside when it wasnt needed. Lots of mental errors and outside of that, they got physically outmuscled and owned. Im starting to really question the fans here and what they know. Lots of people giving Brady an F and I only saw a couple of bad throws and the last drive!??!  Forget about it!  I say if you have a problem with Brady, WHO else? WHo else would you have do the job?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

The line is not that good. They do ok vs regular teams. Against teams like Detroit who have more than one good guy, we get dominated....consistently. I dont know why folks think they are great. Solder gave up a sack trying to help inside when it wasnt needed. Lots of mental errors and outside of that, they got physically outmuscled and owned. Im starting to really question the fans here and what they know. Lots of people giving Brady an F and I only saw a couple of bad throws and the last drive!??!  Forget about it!  I say if you have a problem with Brady, WHO else? WHo else would you have do the job?

My guess is that Rusty will have a b-o-n-e-r for a week over so many people jumping on the Brady bashing parade this week. Apparently, all the skill players are supposed to perform great with zero blocking....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

So if Brady was so bad, which he was, and the offense as a whole, the D did not benefit at all from our offense.  I think even the most ardent BBW can at least admit our offense did our D no favors today.  

So, if the D allows 13 points on the road, how on earth can the D get B grades?

That makes no sense.

If the offense literally put one good drive together, say a 5 minute drive and even a FG, we not only win this game, the  D allows less than the 13, like a 10 points or less thing.

This is becoming embarrassing. Apparently, our D needs to pitch a shutout to get an A grade.

The BBW Effect is in full force.

Q.  How do they not all get "A"s?

A. 3rd and fifteen from their own two led to 7 points.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

There will be better days. It could be worse. Matt Schaub could be our QB.

Hey that reminds me, thanks again for taking that trade dude!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclejack02130. Show unclejack02130's posts

Like a lot of folks here, I couldn't help but contrast the weapons Dallas and Denver have vs what we have, but that being said its still no quarentee that either is SB bound, what does seem obvious to me is that BB coaches and presents himself with a high level of hubris that maybe wasn't so obvious in the past.  I think he enjoys taking cast offs and making it work when others could not, problem is the game is changed, the big lumbering defenses dont work, you need quality corners and safetys and you have to pay for them, same for WR, these guys make $$ and are in demand, it strikes me that in his press shows, BB shows utter contempt for the press and by extension the fans, like any business too much success, and too much money takes away the fire and the drive to win and he has had much of each.........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to unclejack02130's comment:

Like a lot of folks here, I couldn't help but contrast the weapons Dallas and Denver have vs what we have, but that being said its still no quarentee that either is SB bound, what does seem obvious to me is that BB coaches and presents himself with a high level of hubris that maybe wasn't so obvious in the past.  I think he enjoys taking cast offs and making it work when others could not, problem is the game is changed, the big lumbering defenses dont work, you need quality corners and safetys and you have to pay for them, same for WR, these guys make $$ and are in demand, it strikes me that in his press shows, BB shows utter contempt for the press and by extension the fans, like any business too much success, and too much money takes away the fire and the drive to win and he has had much of each

There is nothing wrong with taking castoffs and making them into teamates and players. There is too much $$$ spent on high priced free agents that don't work out. Analzying a painful loss like the one to the Bengals is complex; there are so many factors involved: gameplan, coaching, injuries, 5th game of season, execution, the play of the line to defend Brady, crucial turnovers. Quality of players is just one factor. Many rookies and surviving loss of critical players while new guys are coached up is essential to team development. In contrast to your opinion that BB has too much hubris, I see the opposite. He is actually quite humble and willing to develop new players. His ego does not demand high priced free agents who can perform immediately. I support his conservative, labor intensive approach to team building.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

"Bolden did well as a receiver coming out of the backfield".

Really?   The drop of the screen that would have gone for miles was inexcusable.

I wish he would be the starter. Seriously. He;s better than Blount. I agree the drop was bad, I'd like to see him in a game, get a rhythm going, etc, instead of being this sub RB. I think it's hard for an RB to be subbed in and out. Just my opinion.  This was a game where that again cropped up and it appeard the subbing was for no rhyme nor reason.

It drives me nuts. The kid has mad skills and they just refuse to use him.  If we gave him 15+ carries today, IMO, we win this game. Seriously.

I don't feel Blount has the inside the tackles or goal line running we need.  If you want to see me disagree with BB, here it is.

Start Bolden. If it's because of his sore knee from a couple weeks back, then I guess I can see that.

I just think he has great potential and they're not using it.

Who is "they"?    Tom Brady? Josh? How about the BB? After all is is the boss...or is he? Man you are a wafflle king.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Granted Brady didn't play well but at times the OL might as well not even been there.  I don't know how a QB can drop back, set up and chuck the ball in 1 Second. 

On chucking the ball during the Monsoon, didn't the heaviest rain happen just as the Patriots were out of time outs?  When there was under 2 Minutes to play, I think they did run at least 1 running play if not 2.  Just how many plays can an offense make running the ball without any time outs and with practically no time left.

Just sayin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

"Bolden did well as a receiver coming out of the backfield".

Really?   The drop of the screen that would have gone for miles was inexcusable.

Upon further review, you have a point, James Augustus.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

A simply "F" Texpat would have been enough considering all manners of bad stuff occurred in this game on both sides of the ball.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

The Defense deserved better grades IMO Tex - they let a few runs go, and the first couple series really showed the loss of Wilfork, but overall they more than did their job keeping the game winnable - 13 points total with a decent offense in the Bengals. The linebackers were terrific - definitely an A from me.

Offensively, I think the strict "benching for a fumble" rule should have been waived, as Blount was doing some damage. Everything else about the offense was... offensive!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Colts won.  Did you pick them?

No troll. I don't pick teams with former QBs that had to pay off a woman for heinous acts perpetrated against her that immoral Colts fans portray as harmless college pranks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Far too brutal on Brady, as usual, and far too kind to the O-line. The rest is palatable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

Hey that reminds me, thanks again for taking that trade dude!

Yeah, and Vick got hurt so Schaub might have to be my starter! They do play Jacksonville twice and they got Seattle and SF out of the way so you never know.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I didn't read the whole thread yet.

it didnt rain until around 1:30 left and no qb could play in that. I was more worried about the punt being caught then anything. 

Edleman made a catch that was not only impressive but circus as well. Thank gd for stickum. 

Ryan Allen was the player of the game. Tht was awesome

some of Brady's incomplete s were throw always into the ground because coverge

talib was good but green was open more then you think, it's just dalton didnt even look his way. Talib was putting his hands on his hips before the half. He looked winded to me early. 

Why was Hightower covering eifert?

gregory got hammered. I couldn't see the hit but he was visibly shook up walking off the field

stivick (sp). Sat alone at the end of the bench pretty much the whole game.  Did he do something wrong? if he wasn't in trouble what was it? Pros don't pout.  Well Tomlinson does 

chandler jones was used in the middle I think with vellano on the right and they sure pushed back. IMO the d line did a good job pressuring dalton. if not for Dalton's legs they ould have stopped at least 2 more drives. 

Chris jones played a pretty good game. 

The bengals don't know anything about clock management, using time outs, and if we had any kind of a hurry up the bengals would have shot them selves in the feet more then they already did with penaltys. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

TP- Can't ever recall you giving Brady and receivers an F. But yep- brutal game. I give the McD and BB big fat F's as well.  Outcoached. Outplayed. And BB- you have scrubs on the field as receivers. 

I agree with the poster that said the doghouse for fumbles needs to end. If BB benched all the receivers who missed and dropped the damn football, there would be no one on the field.  Get. It. Together.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

In response to Homecheese's comment:
    [QUOTE]Hey that reminds me, thanks again for taking that trade dude!

Yeah, and Vick got hurt so Schaub might have to be my starter! They do play Jacksonville twice and they got Seattle and SF out of the way so you never know.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah he's not bad, just inconsistent at times. He does have some good matchups ahead

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Ninkovich was doubled a lot as well.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.