Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD

So ends the 15 game Patriots' winning streak over the Buffalo Bills, in a most nauseating fashion. This should have been a blow-out Patriots' win...but New England allowed the Bills to hang around. It cost the Pats big-time, as uncharacteristic mistakes, horrific play in the secondary, and some good old fashioned home-town officiating combined to do them in, 34-31.

Losing this game really hurts, in that it's a divisional loss...and it prevented the Pats from taking full advantage of the Jets losing to the Raiders. As frustrated and angry as I am, I can imagine how BB, his staff, and players feel. I can't wait for when the Pats see the Bills again, in Foxboro.

Here are my grades:

I. OFFENSE: Mistakes marred what would have otherwise been another great performance. When a team's QB throws four (4) interceptions, that's nearly impossible to overcome...especially when one results in a "pick-6".

1.) QB: I'm sure that Tom's Momma once warned her son that there would be days like this. Brady had turned in a virtuoso performance in the first 28 minutes and 55 seconds of the game. But, with the Patriots leading, 21-7 and driving for yet another score, Brady tossed a flat flat-pass to Danny Woodhead, at the Buffalo 13 yard line.. The pass was high and behind Danny...tipped off his hand, and was alertly intercepted by Bills' CB Bryan Scott. It would be the first of four Brady picks. The Bills would capitalize on the mistake, converting it into a FG, in the closing seconds of the first half. As a result, instead of the Pats heading to half-time with at least a 24-7 lead, the score was 21-10...and the Bills had hope.
          In the second half, after the "D" had held the Bills to a "3 and out" on their opening drive, Tom threw his second pick. This one came when Brady tried to hit Chad Ochocinco on a mid-range crossing pattern. But, it appeared that Chad ran a "flat" route, which allowed Buffalo CB, Leodis McKelvin, to step in front of Chad, to make the pick. It gave the Bills a short field...as they went 39 yards for a TD, to cut the Pats' lead to 21-17. 
         To Brady's credit, he dusted himself off, and marched the Pats 83 yards down field, in less than 5 minutes. Unfortunately, this drive stalled at the Bills' 5 yard line. The Pats settled for a FG, and a 24-17 lead.
         Following an exchange of punts, and two straight "3 and outs' registered by the "D" against the Bills offense, Brady threw his third pick of the day. This one short-circuited yet another scoring drive, as Buffalo safety George Wilson stepped in front of Rob Gronkowski near the goal-line...giving the Bills the ball at their own 5. There, with considerable assistance from the officials, the Bills marched 95 yards, to tie the game at 24.
         This set the stage for pick #4, a Brady pass that deflected off the helmet of a Bills' lineman, into the arms of Buffalo CB Drayton Florence...who returned it 27 yards for the go-ahead TD. Though Tom would bring the Pats' back down the field to tie the game at 31, the Bills had the ball last...and Ryan Fitzpatrick was able to capitalize on the horrid Patriots' secondary, to lead the Bills to the game winning score. 
         Brady finished with 30 completions in 45 attempts, for 387 yards, and 4 TDs. But, all that was negated by those four (4) picks. Whenever a QB throws that many interceptions...he dooms his team to a loss. Tom threw as many picks today as he did throughout the entire 2010 season:
    GRADE: F;

2.) RBs: There was a Stevan Ridley sighting...and the rookie ran well, finishing with 44 yards in 7 carries. But, Danny Woodhead and BJGE were awful. For whatever reason, Woodhead does not appear to be the same lightning quick guy that we saw last year:
    GRADE: D;

3.) OL: The "Big Uglies" might have had some trouble dealing with Bills' DTs Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams on running plays, they did an outstanding job of protecting Brady. None of his four interceptions can be labeled as a pressure pick. There were a couple of dubious holding calls, one on Nate Solder which negated a 35 yard Brady to Gronk hook-up...and one on Logan Mankins which killed a drive. But, you certainly can't lay the blame for this debacle at the huge feet of the collective members of this group:
    GRADE: A-

4.) WRs & TE: First, the good. Another outstanding game for budding pro-bowl TE, Rob Gronkowski. Gronk hauled in 7 more passes for 109 yards, and two TDs. He also averaged a team high 15.6 yards per catch. 
         Wes Welker was immense, finishing with an unbelievable 16 catches for 217 yards, and two TDs. He was nearly good enough to salvage the Patriots' cause, despite the mistake ridden play of his QB.
         What happened to Deion Branch? Was he hurt? Did he and Brady have a "lovers" quarrel? Why didn't he see any passes?
         Chad Ochocincho was awful, again. As mentioned above, he ran what appeared to be a poor route, leading to Tom Brady's second interception. Then, with the Pats' driving for the tying score, a picture perfect Brady bomb clanged off his hands. Fortunately for him and the Patriots, Brady and Wes Welker later bailed him out. 
         Aaron Hernandez was sorely missed:
    GRADE: B (but an A+ for Welker and Gronk)

II. DEFENSE:
    Though the Bills scored 34 points, the "D", considering all the injuries...wasn't all that bad. Two of Buffalo's TDs came directly as a result of two of the four Brady picks. A third TD, on a 95 yard drive, was considerably aided by yet another bogus roughing the passer call on Kyle Love, and an even worse PI call on Sergio Brown...which negated what should have been a drive stopping interception. The "D" was able to register several "3 and outs" in this game, and held the Bills to just four 3rd down conversions, on eleven attempts.

1.) DL: Had some trouble containing RB Fred Jackson (12 carries, for 74 yards). But, was able to apply some moderate pressure on Ryan Fitzpatrick. Vince Wilfork and Andre Carter played fairly well...but it's clear that a healthy Albert Haynesworth and Greg Ellis are needed to make this unit better:
    GRADE: C;

2.) LBs: This group had it's share of difficulties in coverage, again. RB Fred Jackson had 5 catches on screens and swing passes for 87 yards. TE David Nelson tallied 6 catches for 84 yards. Jerod Mayo and Brandon Spikes combined for 10 tackles, including 6 solos. As for the OLBs?? Who are these guys??
    GRADE: C;

3.) SECONDARY: While it's true that the Pats' secondary is riddled with injuries, their alleged top two CBs, Devin McCourty and Leigh Bodden, have got to start doing a better job. These guys were awful. It's one thing to get toasted by the likes of Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson. But, when Stevie Johnson (8 catches for 94 yards) and Donald Jones (5 catches for 101) are consistently getting behind them, beating them deep, that means big trouble.
         Kyle Arrington had his moments, with two picks. Josh Brown should have had one, too...but for the aforementioned bogus PI call on Sergio Brown:
    GRADE: D+;  

III. SPECIAL TEAMS: Nothing special...but nothing bad, either. Good job in coverage by the Pats. Great to see Zoltan "The Magnificent" back in action. Julian Edelman had a couple of decent punt returns:
    GRADE: B;

IV. COACHING: It's hard to get things going when so many players are out with injuries. As stated above, the defense wasn't as bad as the 34 points scored indicates. But, something needs to be done about the play of CBs Leigh Bodden and Devin McCourty. It's apparent that they can't play in man to man coverage. Too many opposing WRs are getting behind them, and making big plays. Today, both Bodden and McCourty gave up big plays to Donald Jones, after allowing Jones to get behind them. McCourty's poor coverage on Jones set up the Bills' winning score. 
         BB is paying for his decision to sign Ochocinco. It's becoming clear and he and Tom Brady do not mesh. It's also becoming apparent that, at age 33, his skills are no where near what they once were. With Aaron Hernandez out for a while, Brady needs another reliable target. This begs the question, "Why weren't some plays called to get Deion Branch involved in the offense"? The Pats' passing game went through just two receivers today, Gronk and Welker.
         I'm sure that there are some who will blame BB or, more likely, Bill O'Brien for this loss. Folks, a team can have the greatest coaching in the world, and the greatest game plan in the world. But, if talent is lacking, or the players, for whatever reason, don't execute well on game day, the great coaching isn't worth a hill of beans. Today appeared to be one of those days.
    GRADE: B-

V. PLAY OF THE GAME: The diving interception by Bills' CB Bryan Scott (Brady's first of four). It stopped a Patriots' scoring draft at the end of the first half, and led to the Bills getting a FG...and the momentum. It was at least a 6 point turn-around. If the Patriots had gone in for a TD, and gone up, 28-7...this game could have disintegrated into a blow-out Patriots' win.

VI. PLAYER OF THE GAME: Bills' RB Fred Jackson rushed for 74 yards, and added 87 more in pass receptions. The Pats had trouble with him all day.

Here are the game stats: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=310925002

This loss was extremely hard to swallow. I invite your thoughts and/or opinions.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD

For the most part I agree.

Though it wasn't just Brady, as with Romo in week 1 Brady blew this game, imo. Deflections happen and create ints but Brady can't throw 4 ints 3 of them being inside the 20's. If he had only thrown 1 less int they could have won the game.

There was zero pass rush yet again this game. The secondary stinks but the pass rush stinks even worse right now. What happened to this pass rush that looked so good this pre-season?

For me it all comes back to the draft and drafting a pass rusher. Every year people complain about not drafting one early and every year we get killed by people saying BB knows what he's doing and doesn't need to spend high in the draft for a pass rusher. I bet a lot of people are wishing we spent a 1st on at least 1 pass rusher in the last 3 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD:
    [QUOTE]For the most part I agree. Though it wasn't just Brady, as with Romo in week 1 Brady blew this game, imo. Deflections happen and create ints but Brady can't throw 4 ints 3 of them being inside the 20's. If he had only thrown 1 less int they could have won the game.

RESPONSE: What got my attention was that Brady was throwing to just two receivers...Gronk and Welker. He really missed Hernandez. Brady needs another option. Of course...Fitzpatrick hadd two picks, but should have had three...but for that bogus PI call in the endzone against Sergio Brown. That call was huge.  

There was zero pass rush yet again this game. The secondary stinks but the pass rush stinks even worse right now. What happened to this pass rush that looked so good this pre-season?

RESPONSE: Having a healthy Ellis and Haynesworth will make a big difference. But, the OLBs and the secondary as a whole are awful. MCourty and Bodden in particular were terrible against the Bills.

For me it all comes back to the draft and drafting a pass rusher. Every year people complain about not drafting one early and every year we get killed by people saying BB knows what he's doing and doesn't need to spend high in the draft for a pass rusher. I bet a lot of people are wishing we spent a 1st on at least 1 pass rusher in the last 3 years.

RESPONSE: Understood. But, who was drafted after the top 15 as a pass-rusher this year, who is making an impact? Where would the Pats be if they didn't draft Nate Solder? Dowling was playing well at CB, until he got hurt...again.  
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

always a great job on the report card Pat. 

I disagree with only one thing, not sure if I'd give Brady an F, unless it was Brady that called so few running plays for Ridley. More running would have been good to see. Anytime your offense puts up 31 points you should win the game, and at least two of those interceptions were flukey, not blameless, but flukey. I'm not saying Brady played great, but I'd say a D would be the grade, or D-. I'd save an "F" for when the offense puts up 14 or less points. Other than that, pretty much agree down the line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I was curious to see your report card today.  While certainly 4 int's is reason for an F, Brady did put numbers on the board.  It's not like he got shut down and wasn't able to lead the team to the endzone.  He made enough plays and they scored enough points to clearly win a game.  I'm putting the loss on the Defense.  They can't rush the QB, they can't cover a receiver, they can't stop the run. They allowed way to many points.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I was curious to see your report card today.  While certainly 4 int's is reason for an F, Brady did put numbers on the board.  It's not like he got shut down and wasn't able to lead the team to the endzone.  He made enough plays and they scored enough points to clearly win a game.  I'm putting the loss on the Defense.  They can't rush the QB, they can't cover a receiver, they can't stop the run. They allowed way to many points.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

I was going to give Brady a "D". But, four interceptions and a loss pretty much qualifies as an automatic "F". Yes...he made some plays. But those picks cost his team the game. Can't see how you can give Brady a pass, and blame the loss on the "D". One of the "Brady four" was a pick-6, and one gave the Bills a short field (39 yards), which they converted into a TD. The one just before half-time resulted in at least a 6 point swing, and the other cost the Pats at least 3 points.

In other words, the "Brady four" cost the Pats, conservatively speaking, 23 points.     

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Not sure how the D Line got a C. No sacks and no pressure on Fitzpatrick all day. The most he got hit in the game was kneeling at the goaline to ice the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]always a great job on the report card Pat.  I disagree with only one thing, not sure if I'd give Brady an F, unless it was Brady that called so few running plays for Ridley.

RESPONSE: It appeared to me that Ridley was brought in because both Woodhead and BJGE were ineffective. I don't think more runs would have mattered. Better execution by Brady would have...having a healthy Aaron Hernandez would have...getting Deion Branch involved in the offense might have. The time for making a decision on Ocho is drawing near. 

Anytime your offense puts up 31 points you should win the game, and at least two of those interceptions were flukey, not blameless, but flukey.

RESPONSE: You can call the first one "flukey" if you want. But Woodhead wasn't open, and Brady still tried to "force" the play. He threw a bad ball, high and wide. You may make a case that Ocho was to blame on the second one...but the third and fourth ones were Brady's fault. The one that hit the Bills' player in the helmet was a poor throw.
         Ask yourself this...if Mark Sanchez had thrown those picks, would you tend to give him the benefit of the doubt? Tom wasn't pressured at all yesterday. He made some bad decisions, trying to do a little too much. 

I'm not saying Brady played great, but I'd say a D would be the grade, or D-. I'd save an "F" for when the offense puts up 14 or less points. Other than that, pretty much agree down the line.

RESPONSE: If his OL failed to protect him, I'd think you would have a point. But, Tom had all day to throw yesterday. This one is on him...and he knows it.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure how the D Line got a C. No sacks and no pressure on Fitzpatrick all day. The most he got hit in the game was kneeling at the goaline to ice the game.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

I though that there was moderate pressure on Fitzpatrick...certainly more than Brady faced. Fitzy got hit hard a few times.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Hey Tex. Yep a nauseating loss for the PATS. The 2nd half was brutal. Brought back bad memories. The team looked like it was sleep walking thrugh the 3rd quarter. (with the exception of Wes Walker, and Gronk is amazing)
    A couple of thoughts- do fans really need to expect Ocho to "mature" into his role on the team?  Holy cripes, the man is a seasoned professional- playing like a rookie. Don't get it, and as happy as he has been to join the PATS, it's not been exactly a happy time for the team having him join the PATS in such a key position.
    Doesn't look like this was a good move by BB.
    And I echo your question- where was Deion?????

On grades- I don't think Brady deserved the F.  Yes, for Brady being Brady it was probably an F, but in the biggger picture, I'd give him a C-.  387 yards and 4 TDs are nothing to sneeze at, even with the 4 (ouch) interceptions. Ocho had a hand (or not!) in two of the passes going awry.
    I do think Ridley would have helped if he was played more. Not sure who to point the finger at for that. But sure there is a lot of finger pointing going on today..

And I point a finger at the coaching staff, with the buck stopping at BB.  I give the coaches a much lower grade than you, a big fat D. As in- when are you ever going to get serious about building a D with depth, skill, and talent?
    Yes, players need to execute, but I was not impressed with the lack of adjustments in both offense and defense after the half.  So tired of seeing he secondary get burned. Tired of hearing "bend but don't break" defense. They broke.
    Bill was outcoached in this game. Brilliant and excuriating use of  the play clock to win the game by Bills. And our Bill lost his mind. Too little too late.

Fred Jackson is impressive. I too will look forward to the Bills at Gillette.  I don't think we'll be seeing a sloppy game in the rematch.

And now on to the Raiders. Hoo Hah!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RiceintheHall. Show RiceintheHall's posts

The defense is absolutely horrible.  Blame goes squarely on Belichek in my eyes. Bad players, bad drafting, lack of a first rate D-Coordinator, old-fat- slow -retreads of a defensive line does not cut it in todays NFL.   I think BB is a good coach, but I also saw that all his  Superbowl wins came with a core of tremendous defensive players.  I also realize that most of them were drafted by Parcells, not Belichek.  Belichek is supposed to be a defensive genius, but we've been aweful, truely aweful on defense for that past 3-5 years.   Too bad...we have an all-world QB whose wasting the best years of his career because they can't stop anyone on defense. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I actually agree with the "F" for Brady. One can try and blame Ochocinco for one of those with a bad route, but I don't see it that way at all...he simply wasn't open, and the pass looked like it sucked to me. The INT to Gronk was the same....el sucko!! Big yards or not Brady threw some bad passes that were huge turnovers.

Please someone tell me why O'Brien is handing the ball off to Edelman in the backfield when we have guys like Ridley who are chomping at the bit to run over someone? This kid runs hard, and in my eyes, runs a LOT harder than BJGE. Give him a chance!!

The Defense....hmmmm....I'm really trying to stay patient, and see if these guys can gel into something special. I have to admit, my patience is wearing thin. Yes it's only week 3, but seriously how can we possibly look like we did in the pre-season rushing the QB, and then it appears like we are almost scared to be aggressive, and start calling more blitzes. And I wish (anyone) had an answer for Bodden & McCourty. McCourty looks like he has zero confidence, and Bodden seems to be a step or two behind everyone he covers. What the heck happened to these two? They are so much better than this!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

the D was missing a few regulars  so i cant totally fault them   DMC and bodden got torched today    what happened to the agressivve D we saw inthe preaeason?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

An F for Brady is way off. C is more appropriate. He was there at the endgame, the D was not, as usual.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

It think BB deserves a D, not good, not good at all, huge implosions. 34-10 at the end. That's coaching.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

good post, but i disagree our problem is talent, atleast on offense  it aint.

Look at the Raiders.....playing with a bunch of 7th round and undrafted Wr's and even Buffalos WR's are nobodys after S.Johnson who is also a late pick
     we got plenty of talent even w/out # 81 on the field, but the playcalling is only good at getting leads.  The playcalling cannot help us to hold leads...which is a joke at this level....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Good grading for the game played yesterday. I also put this loss on Brady and the secondary, as I wrote on another post after the game. I thought TB might have been playing hurt, as he threw poorly in a similar fashion while playing injured. I attributed two of the four interceptions to Brady's poor throws.
    Oh well, it is hard to win all the regular season games (only done twice to my knowledge).
    This one was disappointing because the game was in the bag at halftime...who amongst us was complaining at half-time. The team unraveled in the second half. I think they should have run the ball more in the second half. The run game was abandoned. I am not sure if that decision was Brady's or O'Brien's. 
    I have watched a lot of football in my life and not many teams can sustain greatness for more than a decade. Eventually time and success catches up with you and there is a spiraling downturn. Then a rebirth if you are lucky. I am still happy to be a Patriots fan.
    We stunk the place up in the second half of yesterday's game. Ocho doesn't seem to be doing much for the team....he has had sufficient time to start making meaningful contributions. His game is showing either his lack of ability to learn or play. It is a shame because Boston could be a great town for him if he is successful.
    Overall...the team farted yesterday and when you lose a game in a blowout you get a "F". The second half was a blowout and they deserve the "F"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

[QUOTE] Too bad...we have an all-world QB whose wasting the best years of his career because they can't stop anyone on defense. 
    Posted by RiceintheHall[/QUOTE]

So TRUE! its ridiculous now. A top rate Defensive Coordinator is desperately needed, along with a jacked up defense!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD :
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Sheard and Reed to name 2, both available at 28 and 33. And not to mention Cam Jordan...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Good report card. I agree this one is on Brady. No defense can overcome a 4-interception performance.

Though Ocho did not have a good game (dropped TD), I would lay the blame for his int on Brady. Did he NOT see the defender cutting under 85?

Hopefully, this is Brady's 'bad game' of the year.

I thought our D again played 'bend, but (try to) not break' and did reasonably well until the second half. When your QB is giving away ints like free samples, it is hard to stay motivated.

Our D is defenitely in the bottom 10% of the league, but this game, unfortunately, is on TB and play-calling.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Brutal, but needed.  A wake up call for the Pats to stay FOCUSED for 60 minutes.  They could have easily broken the game wide open and totally deflated the Bills at the half.  I am certain when the Pats went up 21 - 0, the overall feeling in that stadium was..  "here we go again!" and the game announcers were probably conceding the game to the Pats already.  As you noted, the D forced Buffalo into enough 3 and outs to win the game but the offense, particularly Brady, just didn't have it for the entire game.  My biggest question now..  After three weeks of really dismal performances by the pass D, when will BB get them defending?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Bills were going to beat them at some point, its near impossible to run the table on a division rival for this long.  Judging by the reaction this was the biggest win in Buffalo in over 10 years.  Another example of how good Pats fans have had it over the last decade.

The current team has no margin for error.  If Brady is off they lose, its that simple.  The offense is tremendous but unbalanced, the defense is below average.  Looking around the league, they have enough offensively to hang with anyone butthe lack of playmakers on D probably spells another quick exit in post-season.  Steelers, Packers, and Ravens all have serious chinks in the armor but have guys that can make plays on D as well as big offenses.  At this point Pats are a tier below those 3 along with Jets and Saints.  Who is the playmaker on our D?  Mayo is turning out to be solid but unspectacular.  McCourty has taken 2 steps back.  Big Vince is great but his role is not a playmaking one.  Pats don't have a Woodson/Matthews, Suggs/Reed, Harrison/Polamulu pass rusher/secondary playmaker combo.  The league is all offense these days, but you still need to have explosive playmakers on D to change games.  Still a playoff team, fun to watch but just doesn't feel like a Super Bowl Champ.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]The defense is absolutely horrible.  Blame goes squarely on Belichek in my eyes. Bad players, bad drafting, lack of a first rate D-Coordinator, old-fat- slow -retreads of a defensive line does not cut it in todays NFL.   I think BB is a good coach, but I also saw that all his  Superbowl wins came with a core of tremendous defensive players.  I also realize that most of them were drafted by Parcells, not Belichek.  Belichek is supposed to be a defensive genius, but we've been aweful, truely aweful on defense for that past 3-5 years.   Too bad...we have an all-world QB whose wasting the best years of his career because they can't stop anyone on defense. 
    Posted by RiceintheHall[/QUOTE]

Interesting point aabout the lack of a first rate defensive coordinator. I've been thinking the same thing. The Pats wouldn't pay Dom Capers, and he went on to do a pretty fair job in Green Bay. Greg Williams brought the Saints "D" to SB championship quality in 2009. Rob Ryan is turning the Dallas "D" around. 

Though I think that BB is still capable of doing a good job with the "D", could it be that he has too much on his plate? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Tex, 2 of those Int's were not Brady's fault. the bounce of Woodhead hands and the bounce of the helmet of the Bills defender.  Brady's should get at least a "C"  The coaching and defense should all get an "F".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Nice report. What's up with Woodhead? On the 1st pick it looked as if he didn't turn quickly enough. And I couldn't figuire out why they'd throw to him in the Red Zone anyway. On the Ocho pick it's his job to know where the guy covering him is and to break up the pass if he can't, in fact, catch it himself.
     Do you think that the defensive backfield should have known enough to let the Bills score a TD at the end? At that point, when they were already in field goal range, wasn't our only hope to let them score a TD quickly and then with 1:45 left Brady marches us down the field for the tying TD? It may seem counter intuitive but I think that's what we should have done.