Patriots @ Ravens REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Patriots @ Ravens REPORT CARD

Sorry guys...I just didn't have the time to do a Card this week. Big doings going on at work...with long busy days on the job.  

Suffice to say that, like you, I'm extremely disappointed and disheartened by yet another one of those excruciating, last minute, 4th quarter blown lead games. There's been far too many of these types of losses, ever since that awful SB 42 loss, in 2008. Whether the Pats are losing these close games as a result of lack of talent, poor coaching, or lack of will is debatable.

Frankly, the 2012 Pats aren't that good. Their OL is mediocre at best, and, as we saw Sunday night, their defense is still a work in progress. With this latest catastrophic loss, the Pats may have blown any chance for a playoff bye. There is no more margin for error. This team must decide right now whether they are to be legitimate SB contenders, or mere playoff fodder, at best.       

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Re: Patriots @ Ravens REPORT CARD

Sorry -- I can't agree with this.  I don't need to say anything more about the officiating and its impact on the Pats-Ravens than to refer to the Packers game last night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Hey Tex- Good to read your still on the board. Can't remember a time you missed a report card after a Pats game in years! Hope all setles down on the work front for you soon.

This season has entered the realm of falling down the rabbit hole with replacement refs.  While I'm not "blaming" the refs for the Pats loss- I'm also not convinced the Ravens won.

The  refs were a factor thrugh out the game, No conistency. Let the game get out of control, then went flag happy, On and On. (kinda like the three and a half hour game!)

Pats didn't play their A game- but defintely came to play.  There was a lot to like- some questionable play calls again. Not sure if Josh McD is a help or a hindrance with the O.

Lloyd looked good, good to see Wes do his thing, and TB  was on and strong.

NFL needs to get a deal done with refs this week.  Ugly mess.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're a troll Tex!  Find another bandwagon to jump off.

[/QUOTE]

???????

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey Tex- Good to read your still on the board. Can't remember a time you missed a report card after a Pats game in years! Hope all setles down on the work front for you soon.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.

But I do think that they will still be able to sneak into the playoffs even with a couple more losses.... ala Giants last season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

the D would have looked a lot better if they wouldnt have been sodomized by the reffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

???????

[/QUOTE]

Where have you been the past 10 years?  All Tex does is whine and complain about every single thing that goes wrong.  He sounds just like the Jets trolls, always saying "The Pats aren't that good."  

[/QUOTE]
    He may have his opinions which at times may be unduly harsh on the Pats, given all of this fan base's expectations for the team, but, this does not make him a troll.  If anyone would rise to that, or is it "lower" to that level, it would be Rusty and his various personas. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

The pats lost by one point on the road to a tough ravens team. Its not panic time, the pats were a few plays away from being 3-0.  The offensive line protected pretty well, lloyd and brady look to have a good chemistry, welker did his thing as usual. We just need  our defense to make 1 or 2 more stops and MCCOURTY CATCH THE DAMMMNNN BALL,  he dropped one against titans in week 1 and dropped 2 more against the ravens. Thats 3 turnovers hes cost us already. Not to mention how many times he gets beat deep. Hes gonna keep getting balls thrown his way so hell have plenty of opportunities, he needs some time with jugz machine bad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I look at it as Tex not using the right words.  They kinda mean the same though.  The Pats can't finish.  That's a huge problem when playoff time comes.  However, the refs didn't help the cause much either.  I don't know if this hurts and deciplined team like the Pats or not.  You see more and more cheap holding going on every week.   It's gotten quite out of hand.  Still, the Pats are unable and don't show any signs of being able to finish a tight ball game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Frankly, the 2012 Pats aren't that good.

Agreed. Might as well tank the season and get the number 1 pick!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

it would be hard for any team to win a championship with bottom of the league cbs.

combine that with poor coaching last 2 games

no pass rush

and a weak o line as a whole

and you have a recipe, that unless changed, will, not go far in the playoffs, never mind win a super bowl.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to patsfan76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thats ok, Boss!  I woudnt have the strenght to do much after this past w/e.

The sad part is the w/e started off great with some real exciting games, but ended with a sunday and monday night game that was completely controlled by the refs and their B S calls! They must have been told to watch for holding because they were callin it just to call it.

2 defensive holdings that never happened. McCourty tried twice to jam a WR and was called for holding. The thing is maybe # 32 touched him after 5 yards, I'll give em that, but its not holding. That is illegal contact. Either way, its usually a non call and all of suddent they want to call holding or p/i on every call yet miss numerous offensive holding calls that allowed Flacco to sit back and chill.

Bottom line is tho' that the 1st 2 weeks against anemic offenses we got excited about this "D", but after going against a top 15 offense like the might Ravens, we have shown this secondary still cant compete with average or above average QBs.

Suffice to say, the NFL better get it together. They cost us and the Packers a victory and also cost me some dough!!!!  They may as well let everyone in the playoffs cuz this is madness!!!

[/QUOTE]

" we have shown this secondary still cant compete with average or above average QBs."

hey patsfan,

how can you get away with saying the facts, but half the board (ok slight exag:) comes out of the woodwork to try to refute it when i write it :)

and we're not the only ones, every nfl analyst who has commented on our cbs in the last 2 years has pointed out the same, statistically visual analysis, etc. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-in-md. Show pats-fan-in-md's posts

Hey TexasPat,

Come on now. 1st we get this lame excuse that your working to hard, blah, blah,

blah, and this makes it ok for you to not do a Report Card. At least the team showed

up for a tough game and did there best under considerably more pressure than you

are facing. Lets man up here, so to say, and stop with the moaning. Would you of

told BB that you were too tired to do your REPORT CARD? We have come to expect our

team win every game convincingly, I remember those days past, sort of took the suspense
    out of whatching the game. Now days I am on the edge of my seat screaming at the TV

again as the game proceeds to a conclusion, just like the old days. We have also come to

expect a weekly report card (with time off for the by week of course) from you and we are

pissed. Yeah, I said it, what everyone else was kind enough to have avoided. But these are

tough times in the NFL and on the streets so man up and do the REPORT CARD! Like our

beloved Patriot players......you can be replaced.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The pats lost by one point on the road to a tough ravens team. Its not panic time, the pats were a few plays away from being 3-0.  The offensive line protected pretty well, lloyd and brady look to have a good chemistry, welker did his thing as usual. We just need  our defense to make 1 or 2 more stops and MCCOURTY CATCH THE DAMMMNNN BALL,  he dropped one against titans in week 1 and dropped 2 more against the ravens. Thats 3 turnovers hes cost us already. Not to mention how many times he gets beat deep. Hes gonna keep getting balls thrown his way so hell have plenty of opportunities, he needs some time with jugz machine bad.

[/QUOTE]

juggs machine? hes not playng the position as well as a high school cb.

when he was near the receiver, it's becasue he was holding in order to not lose the wr(not called), otherwise wrs running right by him. if he catches up, he mauls the wr before the ball gets there while never turning to see the ball and defend it or catch it. ive rarely seen a cb play   with such poor technique consistently.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry guys...I just didn't have the time to do a Card this week. Big doings going on at work...with long busy days on the job.  

Suffice to say that, like you, I'm extremely disappointed and disheartened by yet another one of those excruciating, last minute, 4th quarter blown lead games. There's been far too many of these types of losses, ever since that awful SB 42 loss, in 2008. Whether the Pats are losing these close games as a result of lack of talent, poor coaching, or lack of will is debatable.

Frankly, the 2012 Pats aren't that good. Their OL is mediocre at best, and, as we saw Sunday night, their defense is still a work in progress. With this latest catastrophic loss, the Pats may have blown any chance for a playoff bye. There is no more margin for error. This team must decide right now whether they are to be legitimate SB contenders, or mere playoff fodder, at best.       

[/QUOTE]

agreed down the line

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]hey patsfan,

how can you get away with saying the facts, but half the board (ok slight exag:) comes out of the woodwork to try to refute it when i write it :)

and we're not the only ones, every nfl analyst who has commented on our cbs in the last 2 years has pointed out the same, statistically visual analysis, etc. 
    [/QUOTE]

Um, could it be because you called them out with your thread title?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Frankly, the 2012 Pats aren't that good.

The 2012 Patriots are very good. Perfect? No way. Have a few things to fix? Absolutely. But they are still one of the more talented teams in the NFL. They have lost two games by a total of 3 points.

Their OL is mediocre at best...

Perhaps, but the OL will come together. Four of the five positions have different starters than from the previous year. They are extremely well coached. They may not be dominant, but they will gel in time. They have never been an OL of stars, but they have consistently been among the top-5 units in the league.

...and as we saw Sunday night, their defense is still a work in progress.

True (but since they are 3rd in the AFC in points allowed, it is true for everyone else). Just as it was last year. But their defense at the end of last year was FAR better than it was at the beginning. I expect the same will be true this year. Difference is, the defense at the beginning of this year is much better than it was at the beginning of last year. And without a couple of horrific penalty calls on 3rd down stops, they would have given up 14 fewer points and more than 100 fewer yards to the Ravens.

With this latest catastrophic loss...

This is nothing but queenly drama. The loss was nowhere close to "catastrophic." The Pats lost by 1 point on the road to one of the top dogs in the AFC. At this point, they have one conference loss and no division losses.  The Ravens and the Cardinals (yes, the Cardinals...look at the results) are among the best teams in their respective conferences. The sky is not falling.

...the Pats may have blown any chance for a playoff bye.

Monumentally untrue. They were a 1-seed last year at 13-3. There are not going to be two 15-1 teams in the AFC this year. No team in the AFC (with the possible exception of the Texans) have the depth to withstand the loss of an impact starter like Aaron Hernandez without feeling some detriment. Still, looking at the schedule, the Pats have a credible shot at 12-4 or 13-3, and it honestly would not surprise me if they ran the table and finished 14-2. I fully expect them to be the 1 or 2 seed.

There's been far too many of these types of losses, ever since that awful SB 42 loss, in 2008.

Let it go. What happened in 2008 has no bearing on what is happening in 2012. It is about as relevant as the Sugar Bear Hamilton loss in 1976.

This team must decide right now whether they are to be legitimate SB contenders, or mere playoff fodder...

Nonsense. That is precisely what they should not decide. What they should decide is to commit to 60 minutes of smart, mistake-free, well-coached football on Sunday, and beat the Bills. (I'm pretty sure that is where Bill Belichick's head is at, as well.)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

^^^Well put, I truly belive this team is really gonna come out firing against BUF and never look back. Lombardi and Bruschi still have a pretty high opinion of NE and they would not sugarcoat it if they though they were a bad team. 

They cant play the kind of offense that they want to, and probably not until Hern gets back. But it still should be able to put up enough pts until then. the D should continue to improve and they were  a few horrible calls from being good against the Ravens. A little dissapointed with the lack of pass rush, but the  Ravens oline holding was extreme. Maybe they will start to blitz more in the future. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

TPat: I am bummed that your grades for the Pats/Ravens game aren't here. I look forward to them each week. I think that the posters who slam you are few and mostly add nothing to the conversation. Hope to see your comments and analysis next week.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

juggs machine? hes not playng the position as well as a high school cb.

when he was near the receiver, it's becasue he was holding in order to not lose the wr(not called), otherwise wrs running right by him. if he catches up, he mauls the wr before the ball gets there while never turning to see the ball and defend it or catch it. ive rarely seen a cb play   with such poor technique consistently.

[/QUOTE]

As bad as dmc has played if he simply caught those  interceptions it would have  made up for all the other bad plays. If he had 2 picks against baltimore everyone would be saying he played a great game. You simply have to catch them.  A turnover is HUGE and hes already dropped 3 ez ones this year. Those are key plays in a game, you cant blow those opportunities.