Patriots @ Ravens REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: Patriots @ Ravens REPORT CARD

I'm just not ready to panic yet. Do they have some areas that need improvement? What team doesn't? Still very early....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The pats lost by one point on the road to a tough ravens team. Its not panic time, the pats were a few plays away from being 3-0.  The offensive line protected pretty well, lloyd and brady look to have a good chemistry, welker did his thing as usual. We just need  our defense to make 1 or 2 more stops and MCCOURTY CATCH THE DAMMMNNN BALL,  he dropped one against titans in week 1 and dropped 2 more against the ravens. Thats 3 turnovers hes cost us already. Not to mention how many times he gets beat deep. Hes gonna keep getting balls thrown his way so hell have plenty of opportunities, he needs some time with jugz machine bad.

[/QUOTE]

juggs machine? hes not playng the position as well as a high school cb.

when he was near the receiver, it's becasue he was holding in order to not lose the wr(not called), otherwise wrs running right by him. if he catches up, he mauls the wr before the ball gets there while never turning to see the ball and defend it or catch it. ive rarely seen a cb play   with such poor technique consistently.

[/QUOTE]

As bad as dmc has played if he simply caught those  interceptions it would have  made up for all the other bad plays. If he had 2 picks against baltimore everyone would be saying he played a great game. You simply have to catch them.  A turnover is HUGE and hes already dropped 3 ez ones this year. Those are key plays in a game, you cant blow those opportunities.

[/QUOTE]

it would hace changed teh game if he caught 2 intercepts. it wouldnt change his ability to defend passes that he is displaying

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

By even having a chance to intercept a  ball means hes defending the pass well and putting himself in the right position to make a play on the ball, but hes just not completing the play. Its a numbers game dmc is covering the #1 wr,so obv hes gonna get a lot of action, if he can intercept a pass not only does he make a huge play in the game, but he DISCOURAGES the opposition to continue to throw at him. If an opposing qb sees a cb who cant catch hes just gonna continue throwing it up for grabs hoping either his wr makes  a play of pass interference is called. Win, win. But he sees a cb who can catch a mistake hell be less likely to keep throwin at him. Which means less likely dmc gets burned due to less attempts at him.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

By even having a chance to intercept a  ball means hes defending the pass well and putting himself in the right position to make a play on the ball, but hes just not completing the play. Its a numbers game dmc is covering the #1 wr,so obv hes gonna get a lot of action, if he can intercept a pass not only does he make a huge play in the game, but he DISCOURAGES the opposition to continue to throw at him. If an opposing qb sees a cb who cant catch hes just gonna continue throwing it up for grabs hoping either his wr makes  a play of pass interference is called. Win, win. But he sees a cb who can catch a mistake hell be less likely to keep throwin at him. Which means less likely dmc gets burned due to less attempts at him.  

[/QUOTE]

anyone can cacth an errant pass thrown at them. 

being the most successfully targeted wr for teh whoel year last year are stats that cannot be refuted.

also anyone who knows something about cb play, can see how poor his technique is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Apparently not anyone can catch an errant pass, cuz hes already dropped 3 of them. Bottom line as bad as hes played if he simply catches those ez interceptions, we wouldnt be having this discussion. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Apparently not anyone can catch an errant pass, cuz hes already dropped 3 of them. Bottom line as bad as hes played if he simply catches those ez interceptions, we wouldnt be having this discussion. 

[/QUOTE]

if he caught them and his play were as poor, i completely disagree with you conclusion. i and anyone who can tell good cb play from bad would be havign teh same discussion

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

The pats lost by one point on the road to a tough ravens team. Its not panic time, the pats were a few plays away from being 3-0.  The offensive line protected pretty well, lloyd and brady look to have a good chemistry, welker did his thing as usual. We just need  our defense to make 1 or 2 more stops and MCCOURTY CATCH THE DAMMMNNN BALL,  he dropped one against titans in week 1 and dropped 2 more against the ravens. Thats 3 turnovers hes cost us already. Not to mention how many times he gets beat deep. Hes gonna keep getting balls thrown his way so hell have plenty of opportunities, he needs some time with jugz machine bad.

[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm...... not even a mention of ANOTHER inability for Brady to move the ball (ie: SCORE) int eh 4th Qtr, especially late in the game. Careful, now..... if the OL is good enough in the first 3 Qtrs, it's OK in the 4th. The D, unfortunately, reverted back to that abysmal "learning and getting better" group from 2011. I'm not seeing anyone give the Ravens credit for the win, especially when they were on teh receiving end of more calls, for more penalties, including a 15 yard unsportsmanlike call against their HC, which the NFL reversed. I was at the game, and to me, right after that call, Ray Lewis WILLED that team to win. The Pats did absolutely NOTHING after that call, and never took advantage of decent field position. Sorry, but 10 straight unanswered points and a D stifiling the opposition are things the Pats USED to do. No one fears the Pats anymore; not the offense, not Brady, or especially the defense, late in close games.

Now, for those "excuse" folks, their whine about the refs not controlling that game is an absolute joke. I defy any of them to honestly tell us all how gracious they would have felt if the refs threw more hankies and maybe some players put of the game early on. Controlling the game means tossing yellow laundry on the field. And, yet the bich about the numerous penalties in the game. Even fans at the game were bichin about this; no game "flow", yet also wanted every call to go agains the Pats. They cry and excuse the loss on the refs, yet will harp on the need to "let 'em play!", especially when you have two good teams squaring off. I always wonder which side of the fence they want to be on. The ONLY answer is that the other guys need to get the penalties and only THEIR players "need to be controlled". Last I looked, a squirmish involved at least two opposing players. Unless, in Excuse Land.....

Finally, I'll addess BB's dumb action at games end. Sorry, I don't buy the "all he wanted to do was see if the play was reviewable". ROFLMFAO!!!! First year assistants to assistant position coaches ask that question. If BB isn't familiar with the fact that kicks are NOT reviewable, then maybe he needs to spend more time with a rule book. Next, he laid a hand on a ref. Sorry, but this is inexcusable. Players get tossed for similar infractions. Guess what? A game official, ANY game official in any sport, should be touch proof. They should never be put in a position to have to determine what the coach/player/manager was thinking at the point of contact. Simple: touch the ref, you're gone. A fine AND suspension is called for. The Excuse Police issue drivel like, "All he wanted to do was talk, get an answer to a question, had no intent to hit him, etc". BB  knows better; he's seen what happens when players come in contact with refs, even accidentally. Guess what? Suspension have been upheld despite the obvious visible lack of intent (a player not liking a call, and acting like a 5 year old, flailing about and whacking a ref in the process). It's happened. The NFL, and especially game officials aren't supposed to look for m"intent" on tis act, any more than what the "intent" was on a PI, holding, or even delay of the game ("the RB needed to tie his shoe; can't start a play till his equipment is all straightened out, for safety reasons"). Gimme a break! The NFL has rulled this way. But, now, BB's different, which adds fuel to the anti-Patriots conspiracy theories.

If we thought we heard enough garbage from non-Pats fans before, we have another item to add to the anti-Pats conspiracy theorists' arsenal. I can't wait to see what happens if a player makes contact later this season, or if a coach makes contact at any point in the future and gets suspended a game. ("Huh? Suspension? Why, BB did this and all he got was fined!" All I wanted to do was confirm that we had 1 time out left! Those Patriots get all the calls!!!!!") It may not be the #1 item, but it would rank up there with the Tuck Rule and Spygate...... immediate fodder for the sports talking heads outside of NE, especially all those "experts" on any of the 1,000 NFL specialized shows. Sorry, I think a bad precedent was set by the NFL on this, lousy refs or not.

Anyone pay attention to BB's post game conference,a nd his conference back in Foxboro? He said exactly what I've been saying: the Pats need to control what they CAN control, not letting a 3rd party decision affect their game. Having/allowing his players to mix it up during the game is not following this. Dropping easy INT's is not doing this. Not being able to score late in close games is not this. Allowing the opponent to move 78 yards down field in under 2 minutes, including a HUGE PI call is definitely not doing this. Having to deal with a ref's judgement that the FG was good is not doing this. And, purposedly touching a ref at game's end is DEFINITELY not doing this.

And, this is coming froma  HUGH Pats fan. The bloom is off teh rose,a nd it's time that the team regains that "edge" championship teams have, where they are feared when they step on the field. Game planning this bunch seems easy enough: stay within 9 points late in the game and we have a chance. Especially with this pourous defense. Yes, folks, the truth hurts, even for Pats fans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if he caught them and his play were as poor, i completely disagree with you conclusion. i and anyone who can tell good cb play from bad would be havign teh same discussion

[/QUOTE]

So your telling me if mccourty had 2 picks in the game, ud still be saying he had a terrible game? Of course not, hed be up for defensive player of the week award. Come on dude. Be real.  I dont think your giving enough value to an interception. Let alone 2 of them.  Nothing is more important than turnovers.