Patriots Blew This Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Patriots Blew This Draft

I am sick of hearing how Belichek is such a master of manipulating the draft and getting so many picks. We have built our core strength over the years through luck(the Brady pick), trading draft picks for great veterans(Moss; Welker; Dillon), good free agent signings(Thomas), and staying put in the draft and getting a good player at our spot (Seymour, Woolfolk, Watson). Any trade downs that worked were trading only a couple of slots (Mayo). This idea that the Patriots have built this dynasty by accumlating all sorts of later picks, then picking great guys for less money, is a media farce.
    All teams have their third and fourth round gems, so spare me the isolated case of players like Mankins and Samuels. The Jets picked Cotchery, Washington, and Rhodes in Round 4, for example. There are many more Pro Bowl players selected in Round One than 2, in 2 than 3, and so on. Our trading out of slots where excellent players were available who would have had a better chance for both immediate and long term star quality amazes me.
    And before analyzing all these rookies and getting carried away with the numbers, remember this. The analysis MUST start with the subtraction of Cassel, Vrabel, and Hobbs. What did we get for all 3? A second and two 5th rounders. That is genius trading? Cassel alone was worth an even up deal for Cutler. Go figure.
    So we trade Cassel and Vrabel for Cheung. You are happy with that?
    Here is a short list of players who fell into the Patriots lap for late Round One, early Round Two....yet we pass and keep trading down, grabbing an extra 5th or 6th rounder along the way: Clay Mathews; Rey Maluaga; Laurinits; Delmars; Vontae Davis; Everette Brown.
    Given that we have so many good players now, and added 6 free agents, I would have thought we use the draft firepower to move up, or trade for good veterans with plenty of years left. Get real impact at 2 or 3 spots. But no, let's hope to get lucky in later rounds with more numbers and watch half these draft picks get taken off our practice squad on final cut day next year because we have so many numbers, yet few additional impact players. I don't get it.
    We had the firepower to trade up and draft a great CB like Jenkins, or sit still and take Vontae Davis. But we would rather tout early second round reaches....this nose tackle had better come through to justify the draft. A weak hitting corner we tout as a future star; then a "hitter" who can't cover (another Roy Williams) is our first choice. Ugh. More shredding of the secondary next year.
    We could have controlled this draft. We did not. It sucked. Bring back Pioli.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Re: Patriots Blew This Draft

First post: 5/7/2009
    Last post: 5/7/2009
    Total posts: 1

Nice try bugboy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zoidrk. Show zoidrk's posts

Man, you have Cliff Clavin written all over you. No wonder Boston sports fans are seen as blowhard idiots. Any sane person knows that all drafts are crapshoots. You hit and miss, you have good years and bad. And that goes for all teams. Getting rightous and sanctimonious about it says everything about you, and nothing whatsoever about the Pats. Get a life.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Spikes is better than any LB in the 2009 draft (as is Mayo) and the Pats have a shot at him with 2 2nds to trade up. And yes the draft is a crapshoot. The best value in the 1st can usually be found between picks 10-15, however the Pats 1st did not fall in that area and perhaps the player(s) they coveted (Ayers at OLB or Harvin at WR/RB ) were not there at #23 so a trade down was consummated. BB has won some Super Bowls so he's pretty good at what he does (eg: coaching and personel).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

What's with the Cliff Clavin hate?

It's a little-known fact that less Sam and Diane and more Cliff would have made Cheers a much better show.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So mostly what you're saying is that the PAT's otherworldly success to this point has been luck..?

I would almost pity you, if you weren't such a f---tard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Nice first post.....NOT!  It seems like it is all black and white with you Bob....Sorry you are too dumb to see that Belichick had a really good draft.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Wow if only this d*ckhead knew what the he ll he was talking about. No one drafts better then Bill. he is always looking at the big picutre and the long term gains and loses while dumb sh*t fans like you want something and you want it now! like a angry little kid stomping his feet, news flash moron Bill belichick knows more about what the Pats need then you or I or anyone else. get over yourself you tool.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Let's see.... Cassel, Vrabel and Hobbs for a 2nd and two fifths in what you all call a "crapshoot" pool of rookies. And I am the one who doesn't know football?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

If you dont see what Bill did in this draft as good for the long term success of this football team then yes you do not know football and should keep your mouth shut. Do you really think 12 draft picks were going to make this football team? Or that Hobbs was going to start over all our high priced rookies or free agents? He drafted both cassel and Brady in the last two rounds and you call it luck? Maybe if he stoped at Brady but he didnt he got cassel too so that theory is shot luck had nothing to do with it. Half the guys you listed as us passing on in round fell to round 2 because 32 other teams also passed on them dumb a ss

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

BostonBobBlow is just another appearance by Togah. First cousin to Tedyaz and Louie. I suppose it's a bit better than Leon and his paparazzi reports, but still a waste of my time! Just another sighting of "Sybil on Roids"!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

bostonblowhard hard at work...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[QUOTE]bostonblowhard hard at work...
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]
    He is also polluting the Sox boards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Let's see.... Cassel, Vrabel and Hobbs for a 2nd and two fifths in what you all call a "crapshoot" pool of rookies. And I am the one who doesn't know football?
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard[/QUOTE]

And we made out like bandits you idiot, Cassel system QB will be good but not there yet a second round was good.  Vrabel, he was going to be released and BB sent him where he would be able to play.  Hobbs, he is not that good on my book and you well you are an idiot.   Why don't you go get some actual data to prove your point.  I'm sure you won't find any, and to say this is all luck on the Pats fan shows how ignorant you are. 

I'm sure BB sent all the experts money so they would rate the Pats draft among the best in the league every year.  your hate is making you sound like Leon and that's not a compliment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

It's obvious that blowboy dreams of a tryst with BB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Bob-  I am sure you think the Jets' drafting of Sanchez is all the needed for their Super Bowl run!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

[QUOTE]Bob-  I am sure you think the Jets' drafting of Sanchez is all the needed for their Super Bowl run!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  I kinda like Leon, but he's not very good at pretending to be a Pats fan. 

So how about it, "Bob," (wink, wink), just how great was it for the Jets to draft Sanchez?  And as I asked you a few days ago, who the f*** is he, anyway?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

From John Clayton:
    New England Patriots -- Bill Belichick was wrongfully criticized for supposedly not getting great value for quarterback Matt Cassel. The truth is, Belichick parlayed the franchise tag on Cassel into second-round safety Patrick Chung and 11 veterans. After ridding himself of Cassel's $14.6 million salary, Belichick used that room to add halfback Fred Taylor, tight end Chris Baker, wide receivers Greg Lewis and Joey Galloway, center Al Johnson, offensive lineman Damane Duckett, cornerbacks Shawn Springs and Leigh Bodden, linebackers Tully Banta-Cain and Vinny Ciurciu, and long-snapper Nathan Hodel. He threw in tight end Alex Smith and safety Brandon McGowan in the past week.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

[QUOTE]I am sick of hearing how Belichek is such a master of manipulating the draft and getting so many picks. We have built our core strength over the years through luck(the Brady pick), trading draft picks for great veterans(Moss; Welker; Dillon), good free agent signings(Thomas), and staying put in the draft and getting a good player at our spot (Seymour, Woolfolk, Watson). Any trade downs that worked were trading only a couple of slots (Mayo). This idea that the Patriots have built this dynasty by accumlating all sorts of later picks, then picking great guys for less money, is a media farce. All teams have their third and fourth round gems, so spare me the isolated case of players like Mankins and Samuels. The Jets picked Cotchery, Washington, and Rhodes in Round 4, for example. There are many more Pro Bowl players selected in Round One than 2, in 2 than 3, and so on. Our trading out of slots where excellent players were available who would have had a better chance for both immediate and long term star quality amazes me. And before analyzing all these rookies and getting carried away with the numbers, remember this. The analysis MUST start with the subtraction of Cassel, Vrabel, and Hobbs. What did we get for all 3? A second and two 5th rounders. That is genius trading? Cassel alone was worth an even up deal for Cutler. Go figure. So we trade Cassel and Vrabel for Cheung. You are happy with that? Here is a short list of players who fell into the Patriots lap for late Round One, early Round Two....yet we pass and keep trading down, grabbing an extra 5th or 6th rounder along the way: Clay Mathews; Rey Maluaga; Laurinits; Delmars; Vontae Davis; Everette Brown. Given that we have so many good players now, and added 6 free agents, I would have thought we use the draft firepower to move up, or trade for good veterans with plenty of years left. Get real impact at 2 or 3 spots. But no, let's hope to get lucky in later rounds with more numbers and watch half these draft picks get taken off our practice squad on final cut day next year because we have so many numbers, yet few additional impact players. I don't get it. We had the firepower to trade up and draft a great CB like Jenkins, or sit still and take Vontae Davis. But we would rather tout early second round reaches....this nose tackle had better come through to justify the draft. A weak hitting corner we tout as a future star; then a "hitter" who can't cover (another Roy Williams) is our first choice. Ugh. More shredding of the secondary next year. We could have controlled this draft. We did not. It sucked. Bring back Pioli.
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard[/QUOTE]

Hey Leon, isn't there something slightly hypocritcal about posting under multiple names, and criticizing another team's draft in nauseatingly long detailed post on their board, then suggesting in your name of day that Boston fans are blowhards?  No shortage of blowhards where you live, that's for sure.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]From John Clayton: New England Patriots -- Bill Belichick was wrongfully criticized for supposedly not getting great value for quarterback Matt Cassel . The truth is, Belichick parlayed the franchise tag on Cassel into second-round safety Patrick Chung and 11 veterans. After ridding himself of Cassel's $14.6 million salary, Belichick used that room to add halfback Fred Taylor , tight end Chris Baker , wide receivers Greg Lewis and Joey Galloway , center Al Johnson , offensive lineman Damane Duckett , cornerbacks Shawn Springs and Leigh Bodden , linebackers Tully Banta-Cain and Vinny Ciurciu , and long-snapper Nathan Hodel . He threw in tight end Alex Smith and safety Brandon McGowan in the past week.
    Posted by joe81b[/QUOTE]

BINGO!  I hate trying to educate the dumb, thanks for your help with finding this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

How funny is that as soon as someone called this bob guy out for being togah or Louie or whoever he shut right the he ll up. He has not posted at all since you called him out for being a troll pretending to be a Pats fan. I guess he blew his cover lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

I wish their was a way we could vote people off this forum and get their IP banned. Seriously how much of a loser do you have to be to make hundreds of posts on a forum of a team you dislike.   I would never even consider going to a Jets or Colts forum.  At least Underdogg isn't a complete troll although he definitely has his Colt blinders on. 

I don't know what tilts me harder the trolls that clearly aren't Pats fans or the people that pretend to be and then talk junk about BB like he isn't the best thing(outside of Kraft + Brady) to ever happen to this franchise. Of course I'm feeding into the trolls by even making this post and giving them the satisfaction of knowing they pyss(w tf can't say p iss or w tf) me off but whatever. end/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

We do not begrudge underdogg his blinders.

It is not his fault he lives near the wrong city.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

What the he ll trox! How are we going to focus with your avatar being all hot and stuff lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]What the he ll trox! How are we going to focus with your avatar being all hot and stuff lol
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it....people at work are starting to ask why there is a drool puddle on the floor....