Patriots claim defensive tackle Chris Jones, waive Josh Kline

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Patriots claim defensive tackle Chris Jones, waive Josh Kline

Not sure is this has been posted but here.... 

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dbdnx?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=new-england-patriots

According to the NFL transaction wire, the Patriots were awarded defensive tackle Chris Jones off waivers from the Buccaneers Wednesday. Jones, a 6-foot-2-inch, 306-pound Bowling Green product, was a sixth-round pick of the Texans this year but cut out of training camp.

The Buccaneers then claimed him, only to release him Tuesday.

To make room for Jones, the Patriots waived OL Josh Kline. Kline has already gone back and forth between the team's practice squad and the 53-man roster over the first several days of the regular season

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Patriots claim defensive tackle Chris Jones, waive Josh Kline

Sigh, picking up other people garbage because we have no depth. Thanks for posting 

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Poor Kline...he's getting the Ventrone treatment

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Oh wait....  I thought you said Deacon Jones but then I remember he passed away not too long ago.  RIP.

Who is Chris Jones?  Please be relation to Deacon Jones or Ed Jones.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brilliant GM work.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I posted on the roster on cut down day, and got lambasted by many here. Some even had the audacity to think it a feather in BB's cap that 8 UDFA made this roster. The team is littered with 1st and 2nd year players that do not yet have the confidence of the coaching staff nor TB. Injuries have put the teams back against the wall with playing guys not ready...

I will feel better with this game behind the team, and 12 days to regroup....

But I do not like the roster as it stands now...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I posted on the roster on cut down day, and got lambasted by many here. Some even had the audacity to think it a feather in BB's cap that 8 UDFA made this roster. The team is littered with 1st and 2nd year players that do not yet have the confidence of the coaching staff nor TB. Injuries have put the teams back against the wall with playing guys not ready...

Great HC, Great QB and mediocre team. Buck stops at the ho hum GM.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm with you rkarp. I've been getting lambasted since the first FA period when I wasn't happen with the retreads they were bringing in verses getting solid talent in a buyer friendly market. Any time you have that many UDFAs on the team it shows that you haven't been drafting or picking up FAs all that well. There is no need for that many UDFAs if you had better drafts and FA classes. Considering how many picks they've had the last 4-5 years it's scary that any UDFAs have made the team over actual draft picks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

Great HC, Great QB and mediocre team. Buck stops at the ho hum GM.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!!  Agree with both of you, as if you didn't know that already by my posts since the off season!! 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

Not sure is this has been posted but here.... 

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dbdnx?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=new-england-patriots

According to the NFL transaction wire, the Patriots were awarded defensive tackle Chris Jones off waivers from the Buccaneers Wednesday. Jones, a 6-foot-2-inch, 306-pound Bowling Green product, was a sixth-round pick of the Texans this year but cut out of training camp.

The Buccaneers then claimed him, only to release him Tuesday.

To make room for Jones, the Patriots waived OL Josh Kline. Kline has already gone back and forth between the team's practice squad and the 53-man roster over the first several days of the regular season

Sounds like a Gem!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm with you rkarp. I've been getting lambasted since the first FA period when I wasn't happen with the retreads they were bringing in verses getting solid talent in a buyer friendly market. Any time you have that many UDFAs on the team it shows that you haven't been drafting or picking up FAs all that well. There is no need for that many UDFAs if you had better drafts and FA classes. Considering how many picks they've had the last 4-5 years it's scary that any UDFAs have made the team over actual draft picks

[/QUOTE]

BB doesn't make a big splash in free agency anymore. He signs a few cheap guys and then when they do nothing he takes no heat for it and if the do something everybody goes, wow what a genius. He does the same kind of thing often in the draft.

It's gotten old. Very old. If anybody has Kraft duped, it's BB the GM.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

Relax.  BB is rebuilding on the fly.

[/QUOTE]

No. Rusty said that was complete 3 years ago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I just heard a report that the only reason they signed this guy was because his Jersey reads C.Jones just like OUR C.jones. They want to be able to put one out there without the defense knowing which one. They are hoping to fool the Jets and put this new C.Jones in at tackle and then sneak Chandler Jones back on the field as DE. I believe they called it pass rush by Illusion!  Should be Fun to watch! Jets ARE just dumb enough to fall for it!

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

BB doesn't make a big splash in free agency anymore. He signs a few cheap guys and then when they do nothing he takes no heat for it and if the do something everybody goes, wow what a genius. He does the same kind of thing often in the draft.

It's gotten old. Very old. If anybody has Kraft duped, it's BB the GM.

I think this latest WR gaffe and the D line thing is troublesome. I have tried to be very patient in understanding the idealogy. I even told others to be patient last week but Im starting to really think its just like I was told way back. In baseball , owners arent always looking to go all in and win it all. They only need to a win a title every now and then to keep the fans around. You win a title, u can go another 10-15 years before winning it again as long as you stay in the hunt, the Fans will stay interested.

Make a few signings that show you care, but never really go all in, rather keep pocketing money every year and hope your unprepared team can get by. In our case its even worse cuz we have a QB who can mask alot and win a lot of reg. season games. SOo, I think they are just doing enough to keep us around. Kraft probably takes care of Brady under the table to keep him happy and everyone else is expendable. I see no other explanation.

The question is WHEN will they pay again and go all in?? IN Bradys last year?? Like a going away gift,...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What a joke. 

Wasn't someone singing praise for Kline throughout the summer, saying he looked good etc.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

What a joke. 

Wasn't someone singing praise for Kline throughout the summer, saying he looked good etc.

yea but that someone thinks everyone looks good after BB signs them. They put guys like Vellano in the hall of fame before they even play a game.  Im guessing we will see another DT every week until week 6 when this Armon Armstead guy better be ready or some here will have some 'splaining to do! I remember when the Pats used to have their rolodex filled waay before the start of season. Now every week they are bringin in a new guy and trying to get him up to speed.

Does anyone know if T. Kelly was held out the 2nd half or he got hurt. I was thinking maybe they saved him for tonight but I also read he was on one knee looking tired at one point. If he cant go already and they played C.J at DT out of necessity, I say thats NO depth. He is gonna wear down inside.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I think we obsess a little too much on the 46th-53rd players on the roster. These guys are not even dressing for games. The question is how do the regular rotation players on offense and defense (players 1-35) really match up with each other. 

While guys like Boyce, Thompkins and Sudfeld have a lot of upside. Last week, the were not ready to contribute in a regular season NFL game. The question becomes can the Patriots bring them along while winning games and develop them during a season. I think they can, but I do not expect big things from any of the rookies until later in year (or maybe even next year).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

What a joke. 

he is an ex wrestler, went to Bowling Green. Could he be a good OL in time, maybe. But today he is short on experience, lightweight for an OL (about 285-290) and needs to spend some time on the PS and in the weight room. Sviteks injury has put the team in plug the hole mode. How much did Thomas sign for with the Colts? He was excellent last year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Where is AJ Francis when you need him?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

I think we obsess a little too much on the 46th-53rd players on the roster. These guys are not even dressing for games. The question is how do the regular rotation players on offense and defense (players 1-35) really match up with each other. 

While guys like Boyce, Thompkins and Sudfeld have a lot of upside. Last week, the were not ready to contribute in a regular season NFL game. The question becomes can the Patriots bring them along while winning games and develop them during a season. I think they can, but I do not expect big things from any of the rookies until later in year (or maybe even next year).

You are right 46-53 aren't active on game day but given the depth at DT and that they had to use Jones as a DT last week it's more than likely this new guy might actually be on the active roster and see actual snaps. I understand bringing players in to get a look at them but there should be no shot a guy like this would ever see the active roster signing this close to a game but given what we have that seems like a likely case right now. That's the part that's most concerning not the actual player being signed

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Only lambasted by the rusty one. Others only come on to support everything bb does and call people who complain whiners. Then there are those like myself that agree with nearly everything you and a select few with the stones to talk about reality have to say. 

We can discuss draft stuff all day, but the roster speaks for itself.  I believe this team has enough talent to win it, devoid in a few areas, but generally there. The problem is we have invested so much, tied our wagon completely to players with significant injury histories. Not good.

around draft time, I was advocating on MBs thread about grabbing Fleener or Ertz. Now I wished we had. That's another story....we need to get healthy and stay that way if we have any chance. We don't have the luxury of missing a few key players. Lets just win this jets game and heal up, reevaluate things. With 12 days between games, bb no doubt will be making more roster moves.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Sounds like a hall of famer....

(Bruschi) ," I think this is what they were looking for, they aint got it...they aint got it".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Only lambasted by the rusty one. Others only come on to support everything bb does and call people who complain whiners. Then there are those like myself that agree with nearly everything you and a select few with the stones to talk about reality have to say. 

We can discuss draft stuff all day, but the roster speaks for itself.  I believe this team has enough talent to win it, devoid in a few areas, but generally there. The problem is we have invested so much, tied our wagon completely to players with significant injury histories. Not good.

around draft time, I was advocating on MBs thread about grabbing Fleener or Ertz. Now I wished we had. That's another story....we need to get healthy and stay that way if we have any chance. We don't have the luxury of missing a few key players. Lets just win this jets game and heal up, reevaluate things. With 12 days between games, bb no doubt will be making more roster moves.

I generally agree with that statement but like to add we've invested in low cost vet options to much too. If everyone is healthy the talent is there but any GM worth his salt has to recognize certain things going into the season from the FA period that I don't think BB recognized:

1) Edelman and Amendola's health problems - There was an easy solution to this and BB wanted it in Sanders. A durable productive #2/3 WR pick up. BB wanted him but like Goldson 2 years previous only at his price. An extra mil and Amendola groin issue wouldn't be a problem tonight

2) Depth at DT - It's clear now Deadrick was on his last rope and there is no way the doctors couldn't have foreseen Love's condition (it's not exactly a thing that pops out of no where suddenly). The DL was already thin even if Armstead was healthy and even after picking up Kelly. Adding one solid vet (like a G. Warren type) would have gone a long way right now. Heck, this was one of the deepest drafts in years for DT's why not grab one of them? If they got Sanders then they they could have taken a DT in the 1st, still got Collins with their 2nd, and then made a choice between either Dobson or Boyce in the 3rd. Funny how that $1mil more could have effected so much. The worst part is I've wanted them to pick a DT for years now. The Ras pick the DT I really wanted (Wilkerson) went 2 picks higher to the Jets of all teams. How good would Wilkerson have looked on this team.

3) CB - Ras getting hurt didn't shock anyone. Cole is a ST and was extremely hit or miss as a CB. Talib and Dennard have had nagging injury type of stuff over their careers. A wise move would be to add another CB when the market prices were dirt cheap. Thankfully this hasn't hurt them yet but I can see it coming unless Ryan blossoms early

4) S - This one kills me. 2 years ago they could have had Goldson and cheaped out (like Sanders). They had a second chance at him this season (though the price was high even for my tastes). The way the SS's look right now and some of the available SS's available this year they went with a SS that even my eye could see he had slowed down to the point where he wasn't going to be an effective starter and role player at best. Just cheap at a position that has haunted the team for years

5) RB - Vereen is another injury prone player which they should have had a proper backup in place. Resigning Woodhead seemed like a logical choice but tbh I don't know if he wanted to be #3 on the roster. If he would have accepted that role it seems like an easy move to make

Now all of these aren't second guesses as I've been saying this since the beginning of the FA period. One spot that looks very weak right now is TE but I won't get on them for that because in all honesty they couldn't foresee the Hernandez incident. You add Hernandez and the TE core looks alright enough to last until Gronk gets back. Additionally Ballard was a gamble but given the players they had he was a good gamble to move into camp with. If his knee was 100% he'd be a solid #2/3 TE that can be a starter. However, it didn't happen that way and the position fell apart. I don't think any GM could have foreseen what happen as happening.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I liked Chris Jones when watching him on tape leading up to the 2013 draft... decent sized kid, huge motor, very disruptive and was ultra-productive at Bowling Green (27 sacks/46.5 TFL).