Patriots coaching changes I would like to see.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Patriots coaching changes I would like to see.

D coordinator- Patricia out, Pepper Johnson in

O Coordinator- Josh out, Daboll in.

CB Coach- Josh Boyer out, anybody who teaches DB's to look back for the ball in.

Coaching assistant- Steve Belichick out, BB's gf Linda in (just for the sideline shots)

Director of College Scouting- Jon Robinson out, MBealieau (sp?) in.

Director of Pro Scouting- Bob Quinn out, anybody who watches the games in.

PLAYCALLING CHANGES I WOULD LIKE TO SEE:

Running the ball on 2nd and 10- OUT!

Throwing a deep ball on 3rd and short- OUT!

Throwing a 3 yard pass on 3rd and 5- OUT!

"Cougar" audible play call- OUT! It never works

Screen pass- IN!

Quick slants- IN!

Reverse- IN! (at least once a game)

Flea flicker- IN! (at least once every couple games to keep D's guessing)

Statue of Liberty- IN! (Just once so we can see it again at the pro level!)

Halfback (WR) Option- IN! (utilizing Edelman to throw once a game)

HB/WR pass back to Tom Brady- IN! (maybe just once in the super bowl! on a 4th and short)

HAHA ok this thread is just for fun although I would like to see Pepper reoplace Matty P. What would you like to see?! GO PATS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Patriots coaching changes I would like to see.

I think regardless of who the coaches are, they are going to run what BB wants them to run. Been that way since day 1 of BB. Nothing would change if Pep was in.

The Josh situation is even more clear cut. Josh was brought in at the end of the season so that no one else would get him before the PAts did. He is BB's guy, and will always be so unless another HC position opens up for him.

I like the creativity on the play calling you mention however...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Statue of Liberty in a football context - that's the first time I've seen or heard that in more years than I care to mention.

Offensively - In all sincerity, at least once a half on a consistent basis, I would like to see a ground pounding, chin strap loosening, knock-em-on-their-a_sses drive where in the Pats run the ball right down the throats of the oppositon D.  May need to make a couple of changes on the O line to do that but, hey, this is just for fun anyway.

Defensively - I'd like to see a 2 down lineman, 5 LB, 4 DB set that includes Collins and Fletcher in the LB mix just to see how that would work.  Probably result in 6 for the team the Pats are playing but what the he11 I'v just wanted to see it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4160947. Show user_4160947's posts

Reading this brought back memories of Andy Johnson, a pretty nifty RB and former QB from Georgia, that the Pats had in the mini-Mac Herron days, with Sam Cunningham if I'm not mistaken.  Back in those days, Leslie Visser was just getting started on the Boston Sports scene as a sideline reporter.  Her husband was the great Dick Stockton for the Sox.  Anyways, just before gametime she collared Chuck Fairbanks (I think) and asked when are we going to see the HB option?  You guessed it.  The Pats ran the play for a TD late in that game to win.  Leslie Visser was really good, but I always wondered if she put that play in the coaches minds or maybe she knew something?  I think that just about every time the Pats ran this play with AJ it went for a touchdown.  The Steelers also ran this against us with Hines Ward successfully a few times.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Ilike to see BB go after new guys. Clean house

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

CB Coach- Josh Boyer out, anybody who teaches DB's to look back for the ball in.

Coaching assistant- Steve Belichick out, BB's gf Linda in (just for the sideline shots)

Screen pass- IN!

Quick slants- IN!

HB/WR pass back to Tom Brady- IN! (maybe just once in the super bowl! on a 4th and short)

HAHA ok this thread is just for fun although I would like to see Pepper reoplace Matty P. What would you like to see?! GO PATS!

[/QUOTE] 

agree with...

playcalling suggestions

Running the ball on 2nd and 10- OUT!  (doesn't matter the down just mix it up)

audible..." VANILLA"   -OUT!

Screen pass- IN!  (to different people...  TEs ,  blount, develin,  )

Quick slants- IN!

Reverse- IN! (at least once a game)  ( even better...   reverse-pass )

It's like any play that doesnt look vanilla is outside their box...  unfortuantely

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Do you guys want to make all these changes before or after the Super Bowl parade? Probably before is what I'm thinking, so there'd be more elbow room on the duckboats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Not sure a season in which they've remained competitive and in the hunt for the #1 seed in the AFC... despite significant/season ending injuries to many of their top payers is the best time to discuss replacing coordinators.

Haha, Jon Robinson has more knowledge in the tip of one of his eye lashes than I will ever have, when it comes to draft evaluation.  At the same time, how cool must it be to be a scout or personnel type?  Get to watch film and evaluate players all day... and get paid for it!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't think it's the coaches, I think it's the players they coach. I've watched the defense be so prepared to make the right play on the ball, and they are told exactly where to go and yet they can't make the play. I see this every single week - too me that is NOT coaching, that is the talent. I watch us try to mix a run and a pass game plan and be dynamic against whoever we are playing, but when the offensive line gets pushed back into the backfield and the runner is not special enough to do anything about it...that is the players, that is NOT the coaching.

Bill Belichick is the best coach in the NFL, he hires young and smart people. They work harder than any coaching staff in the NFL, they are trend setters, they are innovative and they are prepared...there is nothing they can do when their linebacker runs a 4.9 and can't cover (although they try by putting Fletcher and Collins to replace hightower and Spikes), but Fletcher is a undrafted free agent for a reason and Collins is a rookie. What can they do to stop 3rd and 18s from being completed when the safeties aren't good and there is only one pass rusher on the roster? Nothing, just like last year...the year before...the year before...and the year before. This may go for an eternity until the GM starts bringing in better players or gets better luck.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure a season in which they've remained competitive and in the hunt for the #1 seed in the AFC... despite significant/season ending injuries to many of their top payers is the best time to discuss replacing coordinators.

Haha, Jon Robinson has more knowledge in the tip of one of his eye lashes than I will ever have, when it comes to draft evaluation.  At the same time, how cool must it be to be a scout or personnel type?  Get to watch film and evaluate players all day... and get paid for it!!!

[/QUOTE]

haha dont sell yourself short! We all enjoy your knowledge and in depth scouting reports!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with this. Considering the injuries it loks like a pretty solid coaching job to be where they are at. Did Scarnecchia forget how to coach this year or is he doing his normal great job with lesser skilled players. Without knowing the truth I will assume it's the latter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

not the coaches...   lol.    !st series ...  Ya think 2nd and 4 might be a good down for play action after a nice run by BLOUNT on first down...????

NOPE... DIPYsh!t MCD hands it off to blount and gets stuffed.   PUNT!  MCD sux.

Perfect opportunity for a possession type throw to get your QB  going...  wow  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Screen pass- IN!

Quick slants- IN!

[/QUOTE]
    lol... i agree with the third and short. how many times have they ended drives because they throw a bomb on third and two feet? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

watch ...  14 point lead and just watch the play selection...  Now you need to possess the ball and burn clock.  screen passes and runs ....  

completion, good run...  ,  bad repeat run stuffed,  incompletion...   HEY... a screen pass....   yeah... its a miracle...    (missed block) FG attempt.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

unbelievable...   shotgun spread on 1st down with 17 point lead....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

nice sequence dippish1t MCD...   Shotgun ...  INcopmpletion , penalty, sack...  PUNT...!

MC D sucks.   Anybody else feeling this...?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

^^^ There is a game thread where you can share you views

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^^^ There is a game thread where you can share you views

[/QUOTE]

I like keeping it on theme here, but I post on the game thread too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

nice sequence dippish1t MCD...   Shotgun ...  INcopmpletion , penalty, sack...  PUNT...!

[/QUOTE]

No.  Playcalling was excellent.  Great use of combo routes to get Edelman open despite his size. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No.  Playcalling was excellent.  Great use of combo routes to get Edelman open despite his size. 

[/QUOTE]

Even in a blow out win people here are upset. The Pats played their best game of the year today. The offensive line has serious issues and the injury to Vereen and McCourty are troubling but how could the coaches have done better? Once Vereen got hurt the offense had no matchup advantages that were obvious. The defense was outstanding even with McCourty getting hurt. How could you coach any better against a super bowl contender in their crib no less. A+ for the coaches.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We can go through it play by play if you want to post them again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Sure, once the gamebook is posted we can go through it call by call.  But what do you think they did wrong there?  I thought they did a fabulous job creating an effective passing attack with basically just Amendola and Edelman.  Very well designed passing plays that kept springing receivers open.  They used the run well, too.  I just don't see any problems.  When you take into account that Vereen (who was clearly a big part of the game plan) got hurt, I think it's even more exceptional.