1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Patriots Contracts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Were they "haunting" back in 2001-2004 when Brady wasn't in the shotgun all the time?

LMAO

You two are so dumb on this topic.  Not one of those players handicapped the big picture or BB's formula.  That's the whole point of a FA budget in his recipe.

BB makes the market come to him.  I am sorry, but you can't admit to dropping out of high school here and then align with a Home Ec teacher who also has no college degree, using a 12 year old's understanding of business and management, mocking Bill Belichick, the best GM and coach of the cap era and of all time.

It makes you look like an idiot.

[/QUOTE]

No, those moves weren't haunting then because they hadn't happened yet.

What a stupid thing to say.

Not surprising, but stupid.

[/QUOTE]

Steve Martin, Victor Green, Rick Lyle, Donald Hayes (bust), Joe Panos (retired), Ty Poole (only played 1 year of contract), Terrell BUckley (done in 2002, only good in 2001) ,Cam Cleeland (bust), Scott McCready, Dedric Ward (scrap heap pick up), Fred Baxter (bust), Fred McCary (barely used)....

Shall I keep going?  Ok, James Big Cat Williams, Bob Hallen, JJ Stokes, Wilbert Brown, Lawrence Flugence, Rodney Bailey.

LOL I can do this all day and not even cheat like Mt Hurl does when a players is injured after BB gets the player under the market (Bodden, MIke Wright).

What's blantantly obvious with Mt Hurl's drama queen premise is two things:

1. Brady has choked and been far worse a QB than he was earlier in his career while being more spoiled with talent on offense in an easier era.

2. Brady's salary and contract takes up WAY MORe of the budget than it did before, yet the cap is pretty much the same as it was in 2007, 2008 and 2009, when all of this crap started with Brady regressing in the postseason.

Only AFTER his contract increase in 2011 does it look worse, but really, who has been worse in the postseasons?

So, it's really one massive deflection attempt by Mt Hurl and his Brady Ballwashing Group.

Not one of these failed overall investments had any affect on the overall short or long term aspects of the team.

For every name Mt Hurl/Cupcake lists, I can list as many from the SB years when Brady didn't have an ego and was the better QB for our team, actually in a more difficult era for QBs.

[/QUOTE]

LIAR

Post his cap hits for all the world to see.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

1.  Yes it does.

2.  Yes, I did. I did that to show why he doen't put all his eggs in one basket, back then while Brady was better and NOW, while Brady has been WORSE in postseasons.  BB has been the same SUPERB GM as he always was.  Highest winning%, 3 SBs, 5 SB appearances and 7 AFC title game appearances as GM and coach and he's still going.

The only thing that has changed is Brady's performances, and this is not debatable.

Brady has ANOTHER chance to fix that this January. Will he?

For you and your idiots to demand 100% perfect yields in the draft or in FA shows how irrational you are.  You do that to deflect from Brady after you've been brainwashed by the anti-BB media for so many years. You're living proof why Goebbels did what he did in Germany in the 1930s which is a massive character flaw on your behalf.  Naive, gullible and dumb. Ouch.

All that and CHiarelli, your hero, blew two top 5 picks within 5 years of one another.

Thanks for being a hypocrite, alongside being a moron.

[/QUOTE]

Nice, try to change the topic to hockey because you know you're destroyed in football...again.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Me pointing out you're a hypocrite for bashing BB here constantly as you never criticized Chiarelli for completely wasting two top 5 picks, is me "changing the topic"?

It's called catching you trying to get cute, being a hypocrite, and bludgeoning you in embarrassing fashion in all one fell swoop.

[/QUOTE]

Feel free to visit the Bruins board to discuss the Bruins drafting.  The last time you tried, of course, you ran away with your tail between your legs as every single person over there dismantled you, from regulars to our complete dopes.  Everyone smoked you.

Here.  Let's do this.  People over on the B's like to have you around.  Sometimes it's fun to take jabs at a bag of meat.

I'll start the thread for you over there.  Be right back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Click here for your hockey discussion, Rusty Trombone.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Why don't you do it, stupid?    You're the one stalking me calling me a liar constantly as YOU lie.

It's financially impossible to have the highest salary in the NFL in 2005 or 2011 and then claim his cap hit does not affect the budget under the cap.

It absolutely took up MORE of the cap since the cap hasn't risen since what, 2008?

It's simple math, dumb-dumb.

[/QUOTE]

Ahh, you're the one saying his cap hit had doubled and tripled in a flat cap, since 2010.

Prove it, liar.

Back up your words, LIES or admit you are a liar.

I'm calling you out!

I'm going to call out EVERY SINGLE LIE, from now until you leave in shame.

Do it now, or leave in disgrace.

Your choice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Back on my rails:

Who signed Brady and Mankie to those contracts?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

and to think poor Woody couldnt even get resigned for 3.5 million.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Laurence Maroney!  !st round BUST that was kept as a starter by default. HIM starting the SB was a direct result of our loss because with the hole team focused on killing Brady, this guy couldnt even muster a decent game and the coaches didnt trust him to either. He was traded to Denver with fresh legs and promptly arrested and it out the league.

I dont need to list anymore. Thats the biggest one for me!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd like to throw a name out there as well...Talib. Why is he here in the first place? Because when you draft Dowling in the second (and really that was basically a first) and he falls flat on his face...you have to trade for Talib. When you draft McCourty and he has to be moved from corner because he can't play there...you trade for Talib. When you draft Wheatly to play corner in the second and he only plays two games before going down with the same wrist injury he suffered from at Colorado...you have to trade for Talib. When you draft Butler in the second and he proves in a season that he isn't going to work out...you have to trade for Talib.

Whats that? Four 2nd round picks, a first and a fourth for Talib? Because that's what it comes down to. We wasted all those resources to find ONE guy that can play corner. ONE GUY. Think about that. We traded all that for one of the biggest known thugs in the NFL. And what has he done for us? Lets see, he came up lame in the first ten minutes of his first playoff game and we were DONE. Then we paid him five million and he limped around for all but two games this season. Nice.

This is good stuff? This is what constitutes for the best GM of all time? I bet captain taco could do better.

I've said it before, I'll say it again...BB is the best coach in the NFL. Tom Brady is the best QB. As a GM he has left a whole lot to be desired the last five years. Before that? He was golden. He has hit a little slump...it's ok, but I won't run around calling him the best GM of all time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why don't you do it, stupid?    You're the one stalking me calling me a liar constantly as YOU lie.

It's financially impossible to have the highest salary in the NFL in 2005 or 2011 and then claim his cap hit does not affect the budget under the cap.

It absolutely took up MORE of the cap since the cap hasn't risen since what, 2008?

It's simple math, dumb-dumb.

[/QUOTE]

Ahh, you're the one saying his cap hit had doubled and tripled in a flat cap, since 2010.

Prove it, liar.

Back up your words, LIES or admit you are a liar.

I'm calling you out!

I'm going to call out EVERY SINGLE LIE, from now until you leave in shame.

Do it now, or leave in disgrace.

Your choice.

[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't. I said he signed a new deal in 2010 where his new contract would lead the NFL in 2011 when that extension kicked in. The deal was finalized in Sept 2010, however.

Of course his cap hit goes up from the previous ones, if his new deal, stupid.

Here is how his 2011 deal unfolded:

Now, here is how his previous salary handicapped BB:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/tom-brady/

You're looking at 14 and 15 million as cap hits alone which is only similar to the money they moved in 2008 for Brady with a selfish 14 million in 2008 when the cap was barely over 115 million.

"How so? Because while the restructuring for this year reduced Brady's 2007 salary-cap charge to $7.346 million, roughly $4 million less than before the deal was redone Sunday morning, it inflated the cap hit for each of the subsequent seasons through 2010. All of the maneuvering with the new six-year, $60 million contract that Brady signed in May of 2005 -- the initial $14.5 million signing bonus, a $12 million option bonus in March 2006 that was converted into a second signing bonus, and Sunday's machinations -- means the quarterback is carrying prohibitive cap charges over the final three seasons of the contract.

Just how prohibitive? Try a cap charge of $14.626 million for 2008."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2859992

Even if the league's spending limit increases to $116 million in 2008, as anticipated, Brady's cap charge, if untouched, would represent a whopping 12.6 percent of the New England budget."

And you wonder why BB wasn't spending wildly in 2008 and 2009 huh? LMAO

Brady who wanted Moss and got everything he wanted in 2007 and beyond. Brady. When the time came in SB 42, 2010, 2011, 2012, what did Brady do with loaded and cheap talent in here? Hmm. The only year it appears where his cap hit wasn't offensive was 2012.  

Sure seems like at every turn his cap charge was a LARGE part of our budget.  LARGE.

Salaries and cap charges are two different things, dumbo. No matter how you slice it, you lose. He got a bigger deal in 2011 as opposed to 2005 and his cap numbers take up MORE %-wise than it did previously because the cap never really rose much.

The cap in 2009 is literally the same as it was in 2009.  Get it?   Whether it's a whopping 12 percent in a 116 million cap or a 15 mil cap charge in a 123 mil budget, that's still quite a bit if we're talking cap hit%.

Sure seems like Brady's salary is taking up a LARGE chunk of he budget, doesn't it?  Wouldn't that mean when playoff time comes around he needs to prove that contract????

Will he?

Remember when fans here bashed Gomie for taking huge contracts and then trying to put up stats acting as if it that was all it took for SB rings?

Hmmm.

[/QUOTE]

Well, here's why you are the stupidist person alive.  The large cap hit that WOULD HAVE BEEN.  Never happened due to restructure.

Even if it were true, which it isn't.  Who was the league MVP in 2007 and 2010?

You don't think the league MVP, GOAT, is worth more than the other slugs?

Brady salary cap hit for 2011, 2012. 2013. 2014 is LOWER than 2006,

The contract hit was spread out and never reached potential

Thank you TB for saving BB from CAP hell, year after year after year.

Too bad he gave you crap receivers and crap defenses for your efforts.

Shame on BB.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Laurence Maroney!  !st round BUST that was kept as a starter by default. HIM starting the SB was a direct result of our loss because with the hole team focused on killing Brady, this guy couldnt even muster a decent game and the coaches didnt trust him to either. He was traded to Denver with fresh legs and promptly arrested and it out the league.

[/QUOTE]

False. Laura Maroney and 22 carries/122 yards in the title game is the main reason why we even ended up in SB 42. Think about that. Samuel tried to bail Brady out with 2 INTs, but Brady kept giving it back with his 3.

To this day, people ask if Brady was trying to throw the 2007 AFC Title game with those 3 awful INTs, 1 in the end zone.

Good thing RIvers was on an ACL tear and LT was pouting like a baby, huh, Shizzly?

LOL!

Here's a list, with or without Maroney in a title game:

3 TDs, 7 INTs for Brady in his last 3 HOME AFC Title games. That's like Bill Cowher losing 4 home AFC title gams in his career. Horrendous.

[/QUOTE]

You asked about the SB...try to stay on topic. Getting 100 yards vs S.D. didnt mean anything when we played the Giants. This is something BB would say so go ahead and disagree and look foolish.

You know that BB and Brady are the only reason this team has won in the regular season. The defense has been an afterthought as well as the running game. It wasnt until THIS year they had a D that looked good and traded for Blount to get a real running game. Imagine where this team would be without Greg Schiano?? LOL

THATS who YOU should be Praising. To borrow a line from Babe,... Brady + BB + mediocre team = great regular season that crumbles in postseason due to over reliance on Brady. Thats like in the dictionary now dude. Its only refuted by YOU. Time to drop your BS agenda

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

False. Laura Maroney and 22 carries/122 yards in the title game is the main reason why we even ended up in SB 42. Think about that. Samuel tried to bail Brady out with 2 INTs, but Brady kept giving it back with his 3.

To this day, people ask if Brady was trying to throw the 2007 AFC Title game with those 3 awful INTs, 1 in the end zone.

Good thing RIvers was on an ACL tear and LT was pouting like a baby, huh, Shizzly?

LOL!

Here's a list, with or without Maroney in a title game:

3 TDs, 7 INTs for Brady in his last 3 HOME AFC Title games. That's like Bill Cowher losing 4 home AFC title gams in his career. Horrendous.

[/QUOTE]

You asked about the SB...try to stay on topic. Getting 100 yards vs S.D. didnt mean anything when we played the Giants. This is something BB would say so go ahead and disagree and look foolish.

You know that BB and Brady are the only reason this team has won in the regular season. The defense has been an afterthought as well as the running game. It wasnt until THIS year they had a D that looked good and traded for Blount to get a real running game. Imagine where this team would be without Greg Schiano?? LOL

THATS who YOU should be Praising. To borrow a line from Babe,... Brady + BB + mediocre team = great regular season that crumbles in postseason due to over reliance on Brady. Thats like in the dictionary now dude. Its only refuted by YOU. Time to drop your BS agenda

[/QUOTE]

It's not BS.  Laura Maroney had a better AFC title game in 2007 than Brady. That's a fact.

Sterling Moore had a better AFC Title game than Brady in 2011. These are facts.

Imagien where we'd be without Schiano? What does that even mean?  Now, you're bashing BB's wise moves by relying on friends at certain colleges, whose opinion he trusts, where those players help our team????

My god, are you sick. Sick!

Mocking what is tried and true and what works. My god.

Please the fanbase. You're just going to have to move on.

I'v waited an entire offseason to see if Brady can prove his worth to the fans in January again. We're about to find out and you best be around here if he fails again.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry but after reading these two statements, I am convinced you are totally clueless about football. You may know something about cap hell as I dont bother myself with others bills but regarding football, the sport...played in the rectangle...Boy you are dense. Either that or you are lying to help your agenda. Which is it?

You are comparing a scrub backup CB to Brady for breaking up an underthrown ball after getting beat for a TD?  and where he is now? DId he help Dallas into the playoffs.

Why are Sterling Moore and Maroney no longer here and what are they doing? Helping their teams win championships??  NOPE! S.Moore is a backup on the most embarassing Defense that ive seen in years. Makes the pats latest D's look like 85 Bears and Maroney hasnt seen the field in a few years save for playing in the annual Missouri County State Corrections Super Bowl and he was probably too scared to play in that league too. LMAO! AT YOU!  Lose you Agenda...Gain your Credibility... Maybe

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd like to throw a name out there as well...Talib. Why is he here in the first place? Because when you draft Dowling in the second (and really that was basically a first) and he falls flat on his face...you have to trade for Talib. When you draft McCourty and he has to be moved from corner because he can't play there...you trade for Talib. When you draft Wheatly to play corner in the second and he only plays two games before going down with the same wrist injury he suffered from at Colorado...you have to trade for Talib. When you draft Butler in the second and he proves in a season that he isn't going to work out...you have to trade for Talib.

Whats that? Four 2nd round picks, a first and a fourth for Talib? Because that's what it comes down to. We wasted all those resources to find ONE guy that can play corner. ONE GUY. Think about that. We traded all that for one of the biggest known thugs in the NFL. And what has he done for us? Lets see, he came up lame in the first ten minutes of his first playoff game and we were DONE. Then we paid him five million and he limped around for all but two games this season. Nice.

This is good stuff? This is what constitutes for the best GM of all time? I bet captain taco could do better.

I've said it before, I'll say it again...BB is the best coach in the NFL. Tom Brady is the best QB. As a GM he has left a whole lot to be desired the last five years. Before that? He was golden. He has hit a little slump...it's ok, but I won't run around calling him the best GM of all time.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, right. Talib was a top 10 pick in 2008 and BB got him for peanuts in FA this year considering what he does for the team.  

Why did BB trade for Dillon? Why did he trade for Moss? You act like it's now a negative for him to not only trade for but control that great player's salary at the same time. Are you this stupid??

Wait, don't answer that.  LMAO

You're comparing a 2nd rd pick to a top 10 CB prospect?  I always knew you were dumb, but that's REALLY dumb.

Wake the board when BB drafts in the top 10 on an annual basis, please.

The last 5 years, BB has the best draft yields of any NFL franchise based on where he's picked and ain't close.  I might even say he's had the best young talent drafted and developed up against teams picking in the top 10 of those drafts like a SF and Seattle. SF is the only one that can be superior and they've been drafting in the top for a decade!

This leaves a "lot to be desired"?  He put on a clinic in and out of the lockout which I told you about before it happened.

Giants, Steelers, Ravens, GB Packers, next Denver, all in a cap hell for years. YEARS. All feature bloated QB contracts, with NY, Balt and Pitt featuring clearly inferior QBs than Brady.

Why any PAts fan would be complaining about the brilliance of BB the GM into and out of the lockout is beyond any rational human's comprehension.

[/QUOTE]

Draft yield? Bawahaha!! I think we've been over this...just because a guy goes out onto the field for us and literally craps his pants evey Sunday doesn't mean we "yield".

Back to Talib, do you think bIll would of traded for one of the biggest thugs in the NFL (with a bad hip) if he had hit on let's say half of the corners he bombed on in my original post? Nope. No he wouldn't of had to...see he had to trade for Talib because prior to him coming here a blind quarterback with no arms, facing backwards could complete passes on us. That is a fact.

Think of all the pass rushers, receivers, defensive tackles and guards we could of drafted if we didn't waste 4 second rounders, a first and a fourth on corners. You can go on pretending it didn't happen, but it did. 

Why did we trade for Dillon? Why did we trade for Moss? For the same reasons we traded for Derick Burgess and Doug Gabriel. Remeber those guys? What did we give up...a 3rd and a fifth? We traded for Moss because the year before we blew our chance at winning a Super Bowl because we didn't want to pay branch, Remeber that? Our GM set our QB up with Reche Caldwell and Doug freaking Gabriel. Why did we trade for Dillon? Because Smith couldn't run anymore. What's wrong with you, seriously? Is it a vitamin d deficiency? You can buy that's tuff you know, they sell it at cvs...where you work. Lol!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Click here for your hockey discussion, Rusty Trombone.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty Trombone, I created a thread on the B's side for you to talk about Chiarelli's two Top Five busts.

Why haven't you chimed in yet?

Oh, that's right.  Every single time you post a word about the Bruins, you get destroyed.