Patriots draft Positions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Patriots draft Positions

Ok, I have been trying to put together the Patriots draft picks and look at teams with multiples particularly in the first 5 rounds. Here is what I have found.

note: the actuall draft position is estimated from round 4 on due to 32compensation picks yet to be awarded.

Just a thought but the NFL should allow you to trade compensation picks and not make the team use that pick if they could get a value they want elsewhere by using that pick in a trade... just a thought for Roger and the owners to mull over.

Patriots picks:
    1st round: #22,
    2nd Round: #44, #48, #53,
    3rd Round: None,
    4th Round: #116,
    5th Round: None
    6th Round: #180
    7th Round: #213, #215

Teams (not including Patriots) with Multiples over first 5 rounds:

Seattle: 1st Round: #6, #14
    San Fran: 1st Round: #13, #17
    Tampa Bay: 2nd Round: #35, #42,
    KC: 2nd Round: #36, #50, 5th Round: #132, #138, #144
    Philly: 3rd Round: #70, #87, 4th Round: #118#124
    Cleveland: 3rd Round: #92, #71, 5th Round: #130, #133, #156
    Oakland: 3rd Round: #69, #85
    St. Louis: 5th Round: #129, #151

This data is interesting to me because I think with the multiple early round picks we have it is likely these are teams that will be potential trade partners. Looking at this list seems like Philly is a potential trade partner if we want to move lets say a second round pick to gain a 3rd and a 5th lets say to gain the 3rd round pick we would need to do a trade for Boildin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Patriots draft Positions

Nicely done here dablade!  I like it - and nice thoughts on picking up a 3rd rounder too.  (For Boldin)
    Not sure though if we can 'wait' for the Draft - for the Boldin trade to happen.  You know what mean?  FA (trades - etc) - start tonight! 
    So, maybe the Pats (IF Boldin is on their Board) they can work out an arrangement for Boldin.  (Again, if he is on the Pats board, he might not be-who knowS).  Maybe the Pats can give them a #2 for next yr - Or a 4/5 this year - we'll see.....Depends if they want him bad enough or not. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Well done. I bet Caesario and Reese have this info handy just in case. Belichick might want a 3rd rounder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

n Response to Patriots draft Positions:
    Ok, I have been trying to put together the Patriots draft picks and look at teams with multiples particularly in the first 5 rounds. Here is what I have found. note: the actuall draft position is estimated from round 4 on due to 32compensation picks yet to be awarded. Just a thought but the NFL should allow you to trade compensation picks and not make the team use that pick if they could get a value they want elsewhere by using that pick in a trade... just a thought for Roger and the owners to mull over. Patriots picks: 1st round: #22, 2nd Round: #44, #48, #53, 3rd Round: None, 4th Round: #116, 5th Round: #154, 6th Round: #180 7th Round: #213, #215 Teams (not including Patriots) with Multiples over first 5 rounds: Seattle: 1st Round: #6, #14 San Fran: 1st Round: #13, #17 Tampa Bay: 2nd Round: #35, #42, KC: 2nd Round: #36, #50, 5th Round: #132, #138, #144 Philly: 3rd Round: #70, #87, 4th Round: #118#124 Cleveland: 3rd Round: #92, #71, 5th Round: #130, #133, #156 Oakland: 3rd Round: #69, #85 St. Louis: 5th Round: #129, #151 This data is interesting to me because I think with the multiple early round picks we have it is likely these are teams that will be potential trade partners. Looking at this list seems like Philly is a potential trade partner if we want to move lets say a second round pick to gain a 3rd and a 5th lets say to gain the 3rd round pick we would need to do a trade for Boildin.
    Posted by DaBlade

where did the 5th round pick come from?  they currently do not have one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Yeah, I agree hog hannah, BB may want to grab a 3rd rounder

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm not sure where the 5th came from either unless they already announced the compensation picks. Looking at this list I see KC and Tampa as potential trade partners moving back from #22 to an early 2nd and 3rd.

Noise - you might be right that waiting for the draft could be to late but since we don't have a 3rd I wonder if the Cards would be interested in one of our late 2nd's for Boldin and their 4th/5th.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I don't wanna see the Pats trading any of their picks in the first 2 rounds.  If anything, I'd rather see them leverage the Raiders 1st round pick in '11 for an extra pick or player in this draft. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Pats got Denvers 5th for the Defensive lineman Le Kevin Smith trade. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots draft Positions:
    Pats got Denvers 5th for the Defensive lineman Le Kevin Smith trade. 
    Posted by DaBlade

Did that just happen?  they traded two 5th round picks during the season one for burgess along with a third and the other for Lewis I think but they don't have any 5th rounder unless they made some deal today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Someone wrote earlier today that there are about 50 prospects who grade out as 1st round talent.  This draft is huge for the future of the Pats organization.  If they hit it right, it could propel them right back into the Super Bowl picture for several yrs.  If they don't pick wisely, the franchise will continue to trend downwards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Dablade - That 5th was flipped to Oak for Burgess

Shiningwizard - are you nuts? The Oak pick is def a top 15 more then likely a top 10 but could end up being a top 5 in a year which will most likely include a rookie payscale. That pick is worth Wilfork's weight in gold. Why would you trade that away this year? If it wasn't Oak's pick and it wasn't in a year which rookies prob won't be paid like veterans should be I would agree on trading for value this year but not in this situation

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

PatsEng...oh yeah I forgot about that ...ok so just drop that 5th rounder.