Patriots draft prediction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Patriots draft prediction

Draft value chart.
    http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart.htm

Pats trade 22nd pick for the 28th and 92nd picks (Chargers 1st and 3rd rounder) - gain value on draft chart.
    Pats trade 28th pick for the 34th and 98th picks (Lions' 2nd and 4th rounder) - gain value on draft chart
    Pats trade 34th pick for the Jets 1st rounder next year - gain value on draft chart.
    Pats trade 44th pick (from Jags) for the 56th and 88th picks (Eagles 2nd and 3rd rounder) - gain value on draft chart
    Patrs trade 47th pick (from Titans) for the 59th and 91st picks (Cowboy's 2nd and 3rd rounder) - gain in value on draft chart
    Pats trade 56th and 57th pick (their own 2nd rd) for Lions 1st and 4th round next year - gain in value on draft chart
    Pats trade 59th pick for 69th and 101st (Chieft's 3rd and 4th rounder) - gain in value on draft chart
    Pats trade a bunch of 3rd round picks into 2nd rounders for next year and trade down some more - gain in value on draft chart

Patriots receive 4 7th round compensatory picks

Pats declare they managed to gain a lot of "value" in draft!! Pats become first team in NFL history with 20 7th round picks.

Pats trade a bunch of 5th/6th/7th round picks for (insert aging washed up/unwanted TE) - released before season start
    Pats trade a bunch of 5th/6th/7th round picks for (insert aging washed up/unwanted OLB) - released before season start
    Pats trade a bunch of 5th/6th/7th round picks for (insert aging washed up/unwanted WR) - released before season start

Pats struggle during season with lack of key role players in TE, OLB and WR positions.

Nick Caserio declares he has had no 1st round draft busts!! (hasn't picked in 1st round yet in his two years)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: Patriots draft prediction

Awful Idea.  This is probably the deepest class in years and I fully expect the Pats to make some noise and pick up some talented rookies.  The Pats are in great shape for this draft, why keep trading down.  2nd rounders this year are as good as 1st rounders any other year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots draft prediction:
    It wasn't my idea. It's my cynical exaggerated view on the likely ineptness of our front office. They WILL trade down. Watch it happen.
    Posted by murghkhor
    I agreed with your first 2 trade ideas and you might be right. As for the rest of the trade scenarios,I got the intended sarcasm!!LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Awful Idea.  This is probably the deepest class in years and I fully expect the Pats to make some noise and pick up some talented rookies.  The Pats are in great shape for this draft, why keep trading down.  2nd rounders this year are as good as 1st rounders any other year.
    Posted by titletownfan

This is a joke. The OP wants the Patriots to use the high picks instead of trading them. They are annoyed because the Pats always seem to trade down to acquire value instead of drafting the top prospects.

I can understand why the Patriots might trade down once in a while, but right now they really need young playmakers and should use all their picks in the first two rounds. I'm hoping for a TE, OL, OLB, and WR, not necessarily in that order.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Trading down has worked out more often than not, and there are also instances where they trade up to get a player they like (see D Graham, and Ty Warren). I think they trade down only when they see a similar value or a player they like with a later pick, which is good business. Also, last year's draft was very good so I wouldn't call the front office inept. Vollmer was a real find, and Butler, and Chung project to be starters in the very near future. They also hit on some late picks like Edelman, Pryor, and Ingram. 

Unlike you I'm confident that the front office will do a good job in april, but I agree that there might be a ton of trading going on.  

It wasn't my idea. It's my cynical exaggerated view on the likely ineptness of our front office. They WILL trade down. Watch it happen.
    Posted by murghkhor

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

If they do trade down from 22 I will be shocked however it would not suprise me in the least to see them move a second rounder for a 3rd and 5th. Actually this may be the one year they go against type (realizing thay have done it before but rarely) and trade up from 22.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

funny post though

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

PATS will trade up this year. They opened up their vault. They may even trade next years Oakland first for this year 10-15 pick. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Stay at 22 and improve the pass rush!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Posted by murghkhor

I'm with you, I mean, I'm sick of having their draft philosophy lead to me suffering through another competitive 10 or more win season followed by the playoffs.......

Kraft really needs to get a group in here that is sensitive to the needs and draft requirements of fans!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

dont you know teams can not trade compensatory picks? doh

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

murgkhor, it's suggestions like your's that make these blogs look really ridiculous.  Go away !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

murgkhor why are u wasting my air

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

"Kraft really needs to get a group in here that is sensitive to the needs and draft requirements of fans! "

?!?!?!?!?!? ?? IF Kraft was "sensitive" to the needs and draft requirements of FANS, like you and murgkhor, we'd be in a hot tub heading back to the 70's, pathetic and incompetent. Being regulary at the end of the draft, this is the only drafting plan that could work, trading down for value, until you get a decent player AND an extra pick (i.e Mayo).
    With a weak draft next year and a very deep ,strong draft this year, I expect BB to mostly use his picks (perhaps trade one of the 2nd rounders for a 3rd this year and a #1 in next years draft, giving us 3 picks in next years draft where all the talent will be and likely a rookie pay scale).
    His drafting style has kept the Pat's in front for many years and brought three SB's. That style has also brought in quality players, (Warren, Mayo etc) while maintaining an elite status, except during a rebuilding year where we still took first in the division AND going 11-5 while Brady was out.
    Look, if "FANS" ( I'm starting to have my doubts as to whether some of you are, re: murgkhor, mbeaulieu07 etc) want to overpay for the short term, make ridiculously stupid trades in the "Hopes" of making it to the SB, then move over the Jets board and become a "Fan" of them. At least until they blow all their money and chips and still don't make it to the SB and AGAIN become the perennial  losers that they've proven to be. Me? I'll stay here and watch my Patriots continue to build and remain an elite team for years WITH the distinct possibility of attending several Super Bowls. Now, go to the Jets board "Fans".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Could the Pats trade Oaklands 1st or their own 1st next year with a late 2nd this year to say the Jags to draft  Mclain, Haden ,Spiler or Dez and still have the 22nd pick this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

murgkhor, I don't see any of that happening. but cool you shared your thoughts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

i think we should just keep every pick we have and use them at those spots dont trade any of them just get a boatload of talent.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

lol this draft is so deep it would make all the sense in the world to trade down into the depth but I wouldn't be shocked if they traded up. They always seems to do what we think they won't

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

Predict they'll take DE-Graham, Michigan. They don't have a salary cap this year, so their isn't a need to trade down out of guaranteed money, if they do trade down, it will be a few spots and in a position where they can still pick up Graham, hopefully!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

Het Murghkhor;  no kidding. Rather than exagerate why don't you propose something tghat makes sense instead of looking foolish!!!  You think we are going to trade down in a very strong draft class ????????????????  If anything we could trade up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I do not agree that the Pats will trade down from the 22nd pick;  what I see (and by the way this is realistic) is the Pats using their 1st round pick and all of their 2nd round picks to 1st strengthen their pass rush and to add an offensive weapon) in a very strong draft class.

Trust me, when it comes to football, not much goes over my head and unlike you, I like to keep it REAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Your a tool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Het Murghkhor;  no kidding. Rather than exagerate why don't you propose something tghat makes sense instead of looking foolish!!!  You think we are going to trade down in a very strong draft class ????????????????  If anything we could trade up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, I do not agree that the Pats will trade down from the 22nd pick;  what I see (and by the way this is realistic) is the Pats using their 1st round pick and all of their 2nd round picks to 1st strengthen their pass rush and to add an offensive weapon) in a very strong draft class. Trust me, when it comes to football, not much goes over my head and unlike you, I like to keep it REAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by pumpkin12446

Pumpkin got to correct you one one matter. In a weak draft you want to either trade up into talent to maximize the picks value since late picks will minimizes the total value or trade out to a new year.

In a strong draft you want to trade down since a single pick could turn into multiple picks with higher value players.

In otherwords they say there are 50 1st rnd grade players and around a 100 day 1 grade players so moving back from 22 to get 2 players, 1 being in the top 50 and the other being in the top 100, gives you more value for the pick then using the 22 pick and another top 50 to move up. It's just a simply numbers game, the deeper the draft the more picks within that talent pool you have the better. Higher picks could give you better players but when the diference in talent isn't great quantity is better then slightly better quality 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Ive stiil yet to hear anyone explain why they think its such a deep draft? Seriously please tell me and others why , Im calling BS. 98% of you have absolutely no idea what your talking about. You listen to the TV and the internet to come up with your opinions , its sad and pathetic. Im calling BS on all of you! This draft isnt nearly as deep as you think , besides OL/DL where is the depth? The QBclass  is the weakest its ever been. You have 2 potential great S's in Thomas and Berry , and Haden looks like the real deal , I reallt dont make to much of his 40. Besides today he ran 4.4 , some had him at 4.39. After them who you got , Wilson had a bad year and is only in the convo because of the senior bowl. What about rec , besides Bryant and Tate you have a bunch of guys who havent seperated themselves from the next. Samething w/ the OLB's , none of these guys stands out from the next. And Graham looked terrible when he played OLB in college. How about the ILB position? Theres McClain and IMHO Spikes , I know hes looked bad in workouts , but the tape doesnt lie. This guy is a player and because of that we can get him in the later rounds. I really think Spikes could be better or as good as McClain. Besides them two , you have Lee , Wilson , Muckelroy. None of which are near the levels of McClain and Spikes. Its not a deep draft if everyone wants to trade out of the 1st round , wheres the depth in the first? I see alot of " decent " players , not alot of very good ones.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots draft prediction : Pumpkin got to correct you one one matter. In a weak draft you want to either trade up into talent to maximize the picks value since late picks will minimizes the total value or trade out to a new year. In a strong draft you want to trade down since a single pick could turn into multiple picks with higher value players. In otherwords they say there are 50 1st rnd grade players and around a 100 day 1 grade players so moving back from 22 to get 2 players, 1 being in the top 50 and the other being in the top 100, gives you more value for the pick then using the 22 pick and another top 50 to move up. It's just a simply numbers game, the deeper the draft the more picks within that talent pool you have the better. Higher picks could give you better players but when the diference in talent isn't great quantity is better then slightly better quality 
    Posted by PatsEng
    You are correct in your analysis! When the draft is as deep as this one you want to trade out and take advantage of the numbers. If your talent evaluators are worth their weight they would be much better able too produce a better crop with more picks. It's like playing the Lottery,are you better using your own special number or would your chances of winning be greater if you had several quick picks instead? I think the answer to this question would be fairly obvious.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

There's nothing wrong with Chung.  Brace had issues... Otherwise they had a great draft in 2009.  Lower picks Edelman and Pryor has good first yaers as did Butler & Vollmer.  Tate could very well be a steal too.

They trade depending on who's on the board.  If it's someone they really like they might move up.  If they think they can get their man lower, like Butler, they deal.  They might even hold steady like they did with Meriweather.