Patriots FA chatter dying down.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Patriots FA chatter dying down.

So as it looks now I am optimistic that the Patriots sign Welker but after early chatter about the Patriots interested in some other big name players, it has all died down and other teams are the favorites to sign some of the top players I was looking forward to the Pats going after.

Boldin... Gone.

Goldson... Lions, Bucs, 49'ers and Eagles in the running.

Reed... No has an agent and Pats, Colts, and 49'ers in the running with the Ravens now possibly able to keep him.

Wallace... Looks like Miami

Talib.... Redskins making a push, his former coach is with the Redskins and could helo get him there.

The only chatter being Pats related other then Welker likely back is they are interested in Desmond Bryant and of course Ed Reed who has been named long ago, and I don't see that working out.

I would be very happy with Welker back but we also need some other quality players too.  Not feeling very optimistic about any other big quality players joining the Pats.  The Pats are 9th on the list of teams with the most money to spend, I want them to spend smart but also want some quality guys.  Not looking great right at the moment.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Patriots FA chatter dying down.

Silence can be a scary word. You never really know where the mind of BB dwells. I've said it a hundred times whatever you think BB is planning then it's probably not what he's going to do.I will never play poker with BB because he doesn't tip his hand. 4pm tomorrow and beyond will tell what his true intentions are,until then it's just a guessing game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Well remember, just because the chatter has died down doesn't mean we're not negotiating with big names. Kraft/Hoody prefer details don't leak out to the media and they're particular about that.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

OK last one  :-)

jeez that's scary!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

When will BB make the big announcement that the Pats have successfully re-signed FA Marquice Cole just to quiet down you bunch of malcontents?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

We go through this every year it seems. Fans expecting some big splash signings by the Pats, when they have never done that, except for the Adalius Thomas Experience, and we know how well that turned out.  Then everyone, well everyone other than those who have been paying attention for the last 12 years, gets all upset that they haven't signed anybody and "look what all these other teams are doing, the sky is falling, I'm switching to the Redskins because at least they aren't cheap..."

Then the Pats win 13 games and all those other teams don't.  The teams that splurge in free agency aren't the same teams hoisting the Lombardi Trophy at the end of the year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The real news starts at four eastern today.  I don't put much stock in all the chatter anyway.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

So as it looks now I am optimistic that the Patriots sign Welker but after early chatter about the Patriots interested in some other big name players, it has all died down and other teams are the favorites to sign some of the top players I was looking forward to the Pats going after.

Boldin... Gone.

Goldson... Lions, Bucs, 49'ers and Eagles in the running.

Reed... No has an agent and Pats, Colts, and 49'ers in the running with the Ravens now possibly able to keep him.

Wallace... Looks like Miami

Talib.... Redskins making a push, his former coach is with the Redskins and could helo get him there.

The only chatter being Pats related other then Welker likely back is they are interested in Desmond Bryant and of course Ed Reed who has been named long ago, and I don't see that working out.

I would be very happy with Welker back but we also need some other quality players too.  Not feeling very optimistic about any other big quality players joining the Pats.  The Pats are 9th on the list of teams with the most money to spend, I want them to spend smart but also want some quality guys.  Not looking great right at the moment.

One of the biggest hinderances to the Patriots bringing in a marquee FA is the Wes Welker saga. If they would just move on, we would be so much better off in filling a REAL need vs. keeping a "luxury" who has disappointed in the two bigget moments of his stat filled, trophy-less carreer. He is the antithesis to David Tyree. He's like the Rajon Rondo of the Patriots, except that Rondo has won a title!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

F/A hasnt even started and I usually dont want them making a splash on the 1st day and they dont usually do it anyway but I dont think the Pats are gonna be quiet. They may not jump in on the 1st day when all the big money is spent but once it takes off, I expect them to be heavily involved because they have money and are short on draft picks and have a bunch of needs to fill

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Hopefully when the dust clears a bit, Pats simply resign their OWN!

resign Welker, Talib and Vollmer.  Then tap into FA (esp defense)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

We go through this every year it seems. Fans expecting some big splash signings by the Pats, when they have never done that, except for the Adalius Thomas Experience, and we know how well that turned out.  Then everyone, well everyone other than those who have been paying attention for the last 12 years, gets all upset that they haven't signed anybody and "look what all these other teams are doing, the sky is falling, I'm switching to the Redskins because at least they aren't cheap..."

Then the Pats win 13 games and all those other teams don't.  The teams that splurge in free agency aren't the same teams hoisting the Lombardi Trophy at the end of the year. 

This. We all get our hopes up but this happens every year and every year we complain. But, the Pats are alwas big players in the secondary market after the draft. My only regret is that in the secondary market they pay extra for vets on 1 year deals like Ellis a couple years back. Instead of investing big money into a higher priced FA they pay a back of money into aging vets on short term deals. In the end I think they end up paying the same amount just trying to find that one vet that works out instead of taking the risk that a Thomas will work out. Not sure what's worse paying 2-3 vets $3-5mil each and having none really work out or 1 big name FA $10mil and not have them workout