Patriots Have Lost Their Hunger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Patriots Have Lost Their Hunger

From Gay:

“When I was in New England, they were used to winning,’’ Gay said. “It was a little more of a ‘spoiled’ type of thing. My last year there we got booed at halftime a couple times because we didn’t score enough points. In New Orleans, if we didn’t play well in the first half, it was more walking off the field getting cheered, because they were proud and we were still trying.’’

I wonder if this is a prevailing thought with former Patriot players who were with us since 2001 and are now with others?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Patriots Have Lost Their Hunger

In all honesty, the New Orleans fanbase is on a different level because of the connection that community has with the Saints. Boston fans have always been much more fickle. The fanbase, in general, is more sophisticated and probably more demanding. Much bigger media market. Also, the standards for the Patriots are at an all-time high because of the past decade. The Saints were known as the Aints for so long so the crowd wasn't going to boo after every quarter of every game for a handful of decades.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Lets see what happens now that the saints fans have tasted blood. See if things go that nicely next season when they are down by 17 to Detriot or the Brown's at the half.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I'll take boos to paper bags, but I guess every region has its own traditions. Hey, isn't Gay from there anyways; might have a home town bias.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

"New Orleans is great!  Nobody expects me to play well or win games!"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

there's no reason we can't be spoiled. didn't kraft always vow to put a winner on the field when he bought the team

sorry randall gay, that attitude was your ticket outta here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"there's no reason we can't be spoiled. didn't kraft always vow to put a winner on the field when he bought the team

sorry randall gay, that attitude was your ticket outta here. " Kansas

------------------

So, have your team expectations been met? :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Sorry Randall but they were booing you not the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

Remember when the 3 time super bowl champion Cowboys started losing play-off games to Kerry Collins and Jake Plummer?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"Remember when the 3 time super bowl champion Cowboys started losing play-off games to Kerry Collins and Jake Plummer? " MyNameIs

-----
    Dunno, can't remember that far back - but it reminds me of when the 3 time super bowl champion Patriots started losing games to the likes of the Henne/fins, Sanchez/Jets, Shaub/Texans...lol ;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Gay has it right.

Of course yuppy fair weather fans that can actually afford good seats are spoiled.