Patriots in position to help determine the 6th seed in the AFC...Who gets it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Patriots in position to help determine the 6th seed in the AFC...Who gets it?

With games against the Dolphins and Ravens in these remaining weeks, the Patriots could have a big effect on the 6th seed based on if they win or lose against these teams. 

The Steelers, Jets, Chargers, and Titans all lost to fall a game back (without looking at anything else besides record) in the hunt.

Who do you think gets the 6 seed?

Remaining schedules:

Miami - @Pit, vs NE, @Buf, vs NYJ

Baltimore - vs Min, @Det, vs NE, @Cin

San Diego - vs NYG, @ Den, vs Oak, vs KC

Tennessee - @Den, vs Ari, @Jax, vs Hou

Pittsburgh - vs Mia, vs Cin, @GB, vs Cle

New York Jets - vs Oak, @ Car, vs Cle, @ Mia

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Re: Patriots in position to help determine the 6th seed in the AFC...Who gets it?

I'm guessing Baltimore, since they seem to be the most talented team in the hunt right now. I'd also say San Diego, but they just lost.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Re: Patriots in position to help determine the 6th seed in the AFC...Who gets it?

Pats win out.  That gives a conference loss to both the Fish and the Dirty Birds.  it's a division loss for Miami.  Tie breaker advantage for Baltimore

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Looking at the schedules I just posted, I think if Miami wins 3 out of their last 4, they get the 6 seed...I would pick Baltimore, but they have a tough 3 game stretch with Detroit, New England, and Cincinatti.

If they lose more than one, it's a toss up...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Pats can probably use every win they can get. 

If they're lucky, Denver drops one of their remaining games, possibly the very last one on the road against Oakland, a surprisingly strong team.

If they're unlucky, either Cincinnati or Indianapolis or both takes away their first round bye.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think Baltimore gets it. However, based on the above teams, it seems the jests have the easiest schedule. now, if they can score more than 3 points in a game they might just squeek in..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats can probably use every win they can get. 

If they're lucky, Denver drops one of their remaining games, possibly the very last one on the road against Oakland, a surprisingly strong team.

If they're unlucky, either Cincinnati or Indianapolis or both takes away their first round bye.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds reasonable.