Patriots / Jets Game... 2 weeks out.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

Patriots / Jets Game... 2 weeks out.

As excited as we are for the impending #1 Offense going up against the #1 Defense I can't help but peek over the fence to the Jets coming to town in 2 weeks. 

Ideally, the Pats roll on Seattle putting up 24+ points sending a strong message to the league that the offensive machine, properly gassed and loaded up, cannot be stopped.

To round it off, I'm hoping the Jets limp into town with Sanchez hanging on by a string only to force Ryan's hand and watch him sub in Tebow then head back to dirty Jersey with their tail between their legs...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

Re: Patriots / Jets Game... 2 weeks out.

Calm yourself creeper and literal translations are for children and girlfriends.  Watching the Pats dispatch your other Jersey team is just another one of the luxuries of have watching a solid organization with a bright future.

Enjoy the LITERAL dump that is the Meadowlands...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Pats can't take the Jets games too lightly.

Those matchups will be like the SB for the Jets--if they are going to actually play hard in any games this year, it will be against the Pats.

How embarrassing will it be if Sanchez throws for 300+ and some TDs against the Pats secondary, even if the Pats win big?

And don't count on the INTs, unless members of the Pats secondary learn to turn their heads and look for the ball in the next 10 days.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

My vision only reaches as far as the upcoming Sunday.

I know not of what you all speak.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

The explain why they stunk last year when the had those players.

What's next? The Jets only are good during a waxing moon?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheTinMan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Those matchups will be like the SB for the Jets--if they are going to actually play hard in any games this year, it will be against the Pats.

How embarrassing will it be if Sanchez throws for 300+ and some TDs against the Pats secondary, even if the Pats win big?

And don't count on the INTs, unless members of the Pats secondary learn to turn their heads and look for the ball in the next 10 days.

[/QUOTE]

The Jet's can play these games like the SB but they just don't have the depth to withstand the injuries they have sustained and Sanchez stinks regardless of who he has to throw to. He has a career 54% completion rate and throws as many Int's as he throws TD's.

Why would it be embarrasing to blow a team out even if the opposing QB throws for 300 + yards. If it is a blowout and Sanchez throws for 300 that means they were in prevent protecting a big lead playing a soft nickel or dime.

You do know the Pat's are in the top half of the league in Int's and 2nd in TO's but hey don't let pesky facts like that get in the way of your arguement.

[/QUOTE]

The Jets have two goals every season. Beating us once and getting more stories in the Post than the Giants. it's pathetic.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Jet's can play these games like the SB but they just don't have the depth to withstand the injuries they have sustained and Sanchez stinks regardless of who he has to throw to. He has a career 54% completion rate and throws as many Int's as he throws TD's.

Why would it be embarrasing to blow a team out even if the opposing QB throws for 300 + yards. If it is a blowout and Sanchez throws for 300 that means they were in prevent protecting a big lead playing a soft nickel or dime.

You do know the Pat's are in the top half of the league in Int's and 2nd in TO's but hey don't let pesky facts like that get in the way of your arguement.

[/QUOTE]

The point of my rant was contained in the first sentence.

The Pats cannot take the games against the Jets lightly.

Things look good on paper for the Pats.  But they still have to show up and play the games.

I expect the W in those games for the Pats.  The blowout, lots of INTs, and other things I've seen bandied about, not so much.  If they happen, great.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes, 8-8 is stinking.  And yet 9-7 is superbowl champion and that awesome 9-7 team stomped the Patriots twice.  You really have shown your football knowledge. You heard it here first folks, 20 teams stunk last year.  

[/QUOTE]

Bringing up the Giants again? The team whose fans laugh at the Jets even more that pats fans?

Is it time for you to bring up the Yankees?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The point of my rant was contained in the first sentence.

The Pats cannot take the games against the Jets lightly.

Things look good on paper for the Pats.  But they still have to show up and play the games.

I expect the W in those games for the Pats.  The blowout, lots of INTs, and other things I've seen bandied about, not so much.  If they happen, great.

[/QUOTE]

Take faith in the fact that if BB gets the impression that they're taking the Jets lightly in the first half. He'll rip them a new assshole during halftime.

Besides Brady hates the Jets. he's not going to let the offense slack off for one play.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes, 8-8 is stinking.  And yet 9-7 is superbowl champion and that awesome 9-7 team stomped the Patriots twice.  You really have shown your football knowledge. You heard it here first folks, 20 teams stunk last year.  

[/QUOTE]

Bringing up the Giants again? The team whose fans laugh at the Jets even more that pats fans?

Is it time for you to bring up the Yankees?

[/QUOTE]

Oh, how embarrassing for you.  If anything, I'd bring up the Red Sox. But why?  Just because they are the laughing stock of all of MLB?  How hilarious it is that you think that the 20 teams that were 8-8 or worse stunk, yet are so confused when I mention you lost twice to the 9-7 Giants.

[/QUOTE]

Actually child it's that you're so pathetic you have to bring up a team other than your own to come up with something you think will rile Pats fans. I guess you have no choice since bringing up the jets only evokes laughter

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

I'll make a bold prediction. In two weeks Rex is going to unveil all of his of Tebow specific plays. He's been saving them just for us. I predict we'll see more of Tebow than the sum of all the Jets games so far this season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Jets are no better than Miami.  They're a 7-9 team.  At least with Miami, fans have the hope of Tannehill growing into his quarteback's role as the season progresses.  If the Jets sink to a 6-10 rating as the season progresses, I would understand.  The Jets have little or no rookie upside.  The team as a whole is famous for drinking too much alcohol all year, which usually leads to a loss of stamina by December.  The Jets swooned like crazy in recent Decembers.

As far as Patriots tiebreakers are concerned, the Jets are an AFC divisional team, which means that losing one to the Jets is losing a small AFC tiebreaker to San Diego or to anyone in the AFC North not named Baltimore (a good but old, fragile team).  There's also a miniscule chance of the Dolphins or Jets taking the division crown, but that would require both a historic Patriots collapse and a historic Dolphins or Jets recovery. 

Otherwise, the Jets are one more team with a head coach demanding that stale taunts come out of his players' mouths every single week, with no one left on the field to cover the Patriots receivers, with a bad offensive line and with a quarterback overly scared of pressure.  The rivalry is fading away for now.  As always, another Patriots victory would be useful.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I wonder if Tebow will be the starter by then. Sanchez has to be on the thinnest of ice and the Jets will probably lose again this weekend to the Colts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder if Tebow will be the starter by then. Sanchez has to be on the thinnest of ice and the Jets will probably lose again this weekend to the Colts.

[/QUOTE]

Sanchez got himself a little reprieve the last game. I still think we'll see the full compliment of Tebow trick plays when we play them. You know how obsessed Rex is with us.

25. This post has been removed.