Patriots Need To Sign Lamaar Woodley.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Patriots Need To Sign Lamaar Woodley.....

I don't care how much it cost, signing Woodley would immediately help our pass rush and add much needed star veteran to the defense to bring toughness and experience.  He's going to cost a lot, but who cares, with Spikes and Mayo, Woodley could give us a devastating LB group especially if we draft a stud OLB in the first round to round out the group.  The more pass rush options we have the better, plus Woodley would allow Cuningham to develop and provide depth. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Patriots Need To Sign Lamaar Woodley.....

A lot depends on if and/or what type of franchise tag is given. 

If either Hali or Woodley are given the "exclusive" franchise tag, they can't negotiate with other teams.

If either are given the "non-exlcusive" franchise tag, the player is free to negotiate with other teams, if he signs an offer sheet with the new team his original team has the right to match the offer.  If the original team chooses not to match, they are entitled to two 1st round picks as compensation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he isn't going anywhere. who else do you think the steelers are going to use their tag on? he is their best FA this season and a big reason their D was so dominate.  I would love to see him here but it isn't happening.  Tamba Hali probably won't go anywhere either but i can hope due to the top FA's coming out of kansas city.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

moot point, Woodley and Hali will both most likely be franchised.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

They are going to be franchised and are looking for DeMarcus Ware like money (42$ grteed). Do you think we will shell out so much money for one player and giving up 1st round picks?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

You never know what happens.  If he's available we should go after him hard like we should have went after Julius Peppers last season, remember everyone thought he would be franchised but wasn't.   Peppers gave the Bears a pass rush threat that teams had to scheme around.  We've got lots of talent on this defense, but no dominate pass rush, I would much rather have a proven veteran than rely only on a rookie to play such a huge role.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skorpion76. Show skorpion76's posts

If he is available they NEED to persue him!! If they signed him this would change their entire draft as well!! they could focus on offensive line, rb, wr and another corner...