Patriots Need To Take Rey Maualuga In The 1st Round....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Patriots Need To Take Rey Maualuga In The 1st Round....

He's dropped since the season end for a top 10 pick like Keith Rivers last year to a bottom of the first round pick.  I think he'll be a steal if the Patriots can grab him, this guy can flat out play football, I don't care what his 40 time is.   Clay Matthews has overrated all over him, he is a workaholic type player but for a 1st round pick we need a stud LB, not a former walk-on overachiever who started only one year and was surrounded with two other first round LBs to play with.   

Rey Maualuga could be a Ray Lewis type player in this league, remember he dropped towards the end of the 1st round when he came out.  You team Jarod Mayo with Rey Maualuga and let them both continue to learn from Bruschi for a season or two, we're going to have a fun defense to watch for the next ten years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: Patriots Need To Take Rey Maualuga In The 1st Round....

I've seen a few mock drafts where we take Maualuga at 23 and then Barwin at 34. If he's available I'd like to see the Maualuga team him up with Mayo in the middle, then if we can get Barwin at 34, plus Mayo, Guyton, and Crable could have a foundation for a good linebacking corp for years and years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

i would like to draft RM but i wouldnt say we NEED  to draft anyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Rey and Mayo in the middle would be a great tandem. Before the combine nobody thought we has a chance at him. I agree with DuncanOrange, he can flat out play. He is a football player no matter what his 40 time. I don't think he'll be around for us, but I hope I'm wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

I'd like to see the best available OLB/DE drafted first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

BB did say he prefers not to draft a player on defense in the first round,if that player can't be on the field for all three downs. Half the scouts think he would struggle on third down in the NFL. Too Slow and seems to drift, not disciplind enough. I say "F#$k that" draft this Beast let him Blitz on third down or use Guyton. Mayo and the Beast Super Bowl 2009

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

trade up to 15 or higher
    the rest is wishful thinkin'

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

i think if BB trades up it will be for more of an impact/rare player like Andre Smith or Malcolm Jenkins.

Maualuga has talent and would be good to have, but prob not worth trading up to get him - since he is essentially a run-stopper.