Patriots Offensive Scheme?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Patriots Offensive Scheme?

I am still unclear as to what happened to The Pat's TE offensive scheme
    and why it didn't work against the Jets.

It seemed everyone was always covered />

What do we have to do better? or scheme differently?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Re: Patriots Offensive Scheme?

The tight end were open early but Ryan squeezed his zone and flooded the LOS to 20 yards... too many people crowding the Patriots could get their routes off. Having a deep threat loosens this up but you can't use it as an excuse. They didn't execute in the middle of the game..Gronk after a hot start looked lost...Woodhead looked timid...Branch had Revis on him ...
    60maxpowero.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

Essentially they dropped a lot of defenders back and had the safeties play the inside the number stuff. Pats recievers couldnt beat Cro or Revis 1v1. Even the perfect gameplan and the perfect personel only limited the Pats offense. Could of won the game if they didnt turn the ball over so much. A lot of people want a tall fast wideout to make teams respect the deep ball. We drafted 2 runningbacks, a blocking TE, premier OT, and a mammoth OG. If any team tries dropping 7, pats will run it down their throats

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I guess

But with 2 top corners 1 0n 1
    it leaves 9 tacklers vs 7 blockers/QB and the runner

or

passing into out numbered coverage

Obviously i am talking about The Jets, GB and possibly
    Philly (AS and either Cromardie?)

All 3 are well coached
    They will all look at the Jet game tape

GB is obviously favorites for SB
    Philly could be dangerous - and we play them this year
    The Jets - I don't think their Offense is going to be as good
      I don';t like the total package of receivers or rb's
    and they don't have a Pass rusher either.

Of course we just have to hope we don't try another fake punt

Any of you X's and O guys have more insight?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Offensive Scheme?:
    [QUOTE]Essentially they dropped a lot of defenders back and had the safeties play the inside the number stuff. Pats recievers couldnt beat Cro or Revis 1v1. Even the perfect gameplan and the perfect personel only limited the Pats offense. Could of won the game if they didnt turn the ball over so much. A lot of people want a tall fast wideout to make teams respect the deep ball. We drafted 2 runningbacks, a blocking TE, premier OT, and a mammoth OG. If any team tries dropping 7, pats will run it down their throats
    Posted by ben-umass[/QUOTE]

Excellent post ben

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Great Blitz packages tight coverages from Rex. If you have the personel it will usually keep even the great QBs off balance.

Ben did nail it though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I still dont understand why they did not run more in that game, they had several good runs early. BJGE only had 9 carries, and later Woody was being used in short yardage situations. Was BJGE sick? Brady looky awful in the post game interviews, I wonder if strep throat or something was running through the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots Offensive Scheme?:
    [QUOTE]Essentially they dropped a lot of defenders back and had the safeties play the inside the number stuff. Pats recievers couldnt beat Cro or Revis 1v1. Even the perfect gameplan and the perfect personel only limited the Pats offense. Could of won the game if they didnt turn the ball over so much. A lot of people want a tall fast wideout to make teams respect the deep ball. We drafted 2 runningbacks, a blocking TE, premier OT, and a mammoth OG. If any team tries dropping 7, pats will run it down their throats
    Posted by ben-umass[/QUOTE]

Great Analysis!