Patriots: On the front burner

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: As I've been telling you

for a jests fan you spend alot of time obsessing over the Patriots. LOSER.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Mangy-one, I understand that your only reason for being is to try to annoy and aggrivate people, it is just what New Yorkers do. McCourty played the entire year with an injured shoulder which may have hampered his play just a little. Despite that, he sucked it up and did what he could to help his team make it to the Super Bowl, you know that game your wonderful team hasn't been to in oh... 44 freakin years...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

fact: you either were not alive or very young 43 years ago

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to As I've been telling you:
    [QUOTE]McCourty didn't just get a lot worse in his second year.  He was actually one of the 10 worst corners in the NFL.  I think even Brady & Brees would be happy with those ratings. 1 Quentin Jammer SD 129.9 2 Captain Munnerlyn CAR 126.9 3 E.J. Biggers TB 119.2 4 Cedric Griffin MIN 114.1 5 Justin King SL 113.1 6 Kareem Jackson HST 110.9 7 Aqib Talib TB 109.8 8 Devin McCourty NE 106.2 9 Drayton Florence BUF 103.3 10 Aaron Ross NYG 102.8
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

Seein' as our foundation within the ultimate basis for factual reality is a pretty white cut n paste provided by the studious & never subjective JetMangione, for some reason I'ma take a pass on granting any additionals like injury, constant secondary scheme shifting, a sporadic pass rush non-existant for games at a stretch, and the burger king workers he had behind him at both Safety spots...  So in otherwords, I'll just give Manpig a big *thumbs up as I mutter "Gooood JOB," As I then head on over to real a thread that doesn't st!nk so badly of desperation...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

The New York Jets: Giving their fans reason to jump ship for over forty years!!!

Sad.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]McCourty didn't just get a lot worse in his second year.  He was actually one of the 10 worst corners in the NFL.  I think even Brady & Brees would be happy with those ratings. 1 Quentin Jammer SD 129.9 2 Captain Munnerlyn CAR 126.9 3 E.J. Biggers TB 119.2 4 Cedric Griffin MIN 114.1 5 Justin King SL 113.1 6 Kareem Jackson HST 110.9 7 Aqib Talib TB 109.8 8 Devin McCourty NE 106.2 9 Drayton Florence BUF 103.3 10 Aaron Ross NYG 102.8

And....we've been telling you.  Nobody cares about your feeble attempts to make yourself feel better for being a fan of one of the most irrelevant teams in NFL history.  Now take your wittle ball and go home.

Kim Jong Mangini

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's funny to see a jets fan over on a Patriots board picking players apart. 

Rex Ryan predicted a super bowl win in 2009 and 2010 and it never happened.  Now the team is likely going to finish 3rd in the division, the jets had zero chance of going to the SB last year and zero chance of going to the SB this coming season.  The jets have completely fallen apart, many flawed players, flawed coaches and personnel yet a jets fan comments about a player on a team that has been one of the most successful teams over the last decade????  The guy must have marbles in his head!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Poor little Jet fan. When your team sucks try and rag on the team that beats you. Pathetic

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Lets steer the conversation back on point.  The guy was awful last year after a very promising rookie year.  Why was that?  Was he really injured the full year?  Is he better in zone then man to man?  Do people expect him back at CB this year? I seriously can't remember a guy that was that good his rookie season, and then that bad the next.

Goes without saying if he can get back to his rookie year performance that would be a huge plus for the D.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

McCourty is the single greatest disappointment on the team last season. If his play had remained at the same level or gotten better the D would likely have been much more robust.

Yet since he has shown he is capable of playing at a high level it is reasonable to conclude he could do so again. My observations of him were that he wasn't beaten all that often but just wasn't aware of the ball because he did not turn to look for it or his reading of the receiver to detect the ball coming was off. You have to do one or the other if you expect to stop the pass play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

In Response to Re: As I've been telling you:
    [QUOTE]It's funny to see a jets fan over on a Patriots board picking players apart.  Rex Ryan predicted a super bowl win in 2009 and 2010 and it never happened.  Now the team is likely going to finish 3rd in the division, the jets had zero chance of going to the SB last year and zero chance of going to the SB this coming season.  The jets have completely fallen apart, many flawed players, flawed coaches and personnel yet a jets fan comments about a player on a team that has been one of the most successful teams over the last decade????  The guy must have marbles in his head!!
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

couldn't say it any better than this.  dudes a clown. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Sophomore slump in a shortened offseason. I'll give him another chance to redeem himself before I decide to tar and feather the guy...

There are actually some solid players on that list.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Everybody knows last year Bill made a bet with Rex. He said "I'll bet you I can take five random defensive backs off the street, stick them in the game with hardly any practice and still stop Mark Sanchez. Shoot, I'll even play a WR at CB and stop him." And Rex said "No way. You're on, what are the stakes" "Loser has to sign Tim Tebow".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]Everybody knows last year Bill made a bet with Rex. He said "I'll bet you I can take five random defensive backs off the street, stick them in the game with hardly any practice and still stop Mark Sanchez. Shoot, I'll even play a WR at CB and stop him." And Rex said "No way. You're on, what are the stakes" "Loser has to sign Tim Tebow".
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Hands down, post of the off-season.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Why don't you guys just ignore him?  You know this just feeds his fire.

Real 'football' fans and 'Pats fans' should be in this thread:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a42a8789c-02a7-4256-b899-7e909cdae6fd

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Those ratings are about as scientifis as the Total-QB(s)R...that is to say, totally useless.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Hey! I know you! Your the guywho keeps talking about how that 8-8 team is so much better than that 13-3 team that made it to the SuperBowl! Your him... Aren't you!

So with all the things that are wrong with the Pats why is is that they readily win the division EVERY year and have made it to 5(!!!!!) SBs in the past 11 years and the Jests have not one a single division title and have not made it to any SBs in that time (and for a lot longer tooooooo)?

I think thou doth protest too much.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]McCourty is the single greatest disappointment on the team last season. If his play had remained at the same level or gotten better the D would likely have been much more robust. Yet since he has shown he is capable of playing at a high level it is reasonable to conclude he could do so again. My observations of him were that he wasn't beaten all that often but just wasn't aware of the ball because he did not turn to look for it or his reading of the receiver to detect the ball coming was off. You have to do one or the other if you expect to stop the pass play.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I agree. But I saw a lot of that from multiple DBs on the Pats last year. I think there is a coaching issue here in the secondary.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Those ratings are about as scientifis as the Total-QB(s)R...that is to say, totally useless.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Look, as I've been tellin' you ma6dragon- HERE is definitive PROOF that Mark Sanchez is among the Top 10 WORST Quarterbacks of All-time:

• 10. Nagle Browning                -129.00plop-A==
      9. Brooks Bollinger                  8^)-8^)-8^0-sh#tey
      8. Brian Brohm                       LOL!LOL!LOL!""""""\\\\
      7. Jonathan Quinn                  12345678-3750289546
      6. Jay Fiedler/Frank Reich-tie   #6islowerthan#7=worse
      5. Ryan Leaf/Rick Mirer-tie       butterfly666
      4. Glen Foley                         I'mthawingatunasteak4dinner
      3. Bubby Brister                     )()(()(()(())()(()))()()(
      2. Santa Claus                       Ineednewsockssanta?
      1. Mark Sanchez                    Ilikekaraoke&designerwifebeaters

...Well, there ya have it.  Proof positive & the numbers to back it up...  What say you now Brooks Bolinger fans?!?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: As I've been telling you": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: As I've been telling you : Look, as I've been tellin' you ma6dragon - HERE is definitive PROOF that Mark Sanchez is among the Top 10 WORST Quarterbacks of All-time: 10. Nagle Browning                -129.00plop-A== 9. Brooks Bollinger                   8^)-8^)-8^0-sh#tey 8. Brian Brohm                        LOL!LOL!LOL!""""""\\\\ 7. Jonathan Quinn                   12345678-3750289546 6. Jay Fiedler/Frank Reich- tie     #6islowerthan#7=worse 5. Ryan Leaf/Rick Mirer- tie         butterfly666 4. Glen Foley                          I'mthawingatunasteak4dinner 3. Bubby Brister                      )()(()(()(())()(()))()()( 2. Santa Claus                        Ineednewsockssanta? 1. Mark Sanchez                     Ilikekaraoke&designerwifebeaters ...Well, there ya have it.  Proof positive & the numbers to back it up...  What say you now Brooks Bolinger fans?!? Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE] Can't argue with the numbers here. It's too bad about Sant Clause, I always thought he could have been a star if drugs hadn't derailed his career.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]Lets steer the conversation back on point.  The guy was awful last year after a very promising rookie year.  Why was that?  Was he really injured the full year?  Is he better in zone then man to man?  Do people expect him back at CB this year? I seriously can't remember a guy that was that good his rookie season, and then that bad the next. Goes without saying if he can get back to his rookie year performance that would be a huge plus for the D.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

McCourty was injured in week 10 when Sterling Moore ran into him making a tackle on Plaxico Burress. Moore was penalized for unnecessary roughness on the play, but he really hit McCourty, not Burress. McCourty missed the next two games. I am not saying McCourty was playing all-pro type ball before that, but he was not the same after that. He was one of the teams top tacklers before the injury. Here is a recap of his season, game by game.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/players/updates/563691

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]I guess it's only fair to post the top 10.  What's not fair is for one team to have the #1 and #6 CB in the NFL.   Joe Haden sure is better than I thought.  I guess by just having one decent corner you can have a pass D that isn't near the bottom of the NFL. 1 Darrelle Revis NYJ 85 35 41.2 2 Ike Taylor PIT 96 40 41.7 3 Brent Grimes ATL 56 25 44.6 4 Chris Gamble CAR 60 27 45.0 5 Sheldon Brown CLV 76 35 46.1 6 Antonio Cromartie NYJ 84 39 46.4 7 Richard Sherman SEA 84 39 46.4 8 Asante Samuel PHI 61 29 47.5 9 Joe Haden CLV 85 42 49.4 10 Brandon Carr KC 79 39 49.4

OK Mr. MangiaLeone or Corleone or whatever your name is... Let us get to the real point of it all. Are there any players on the NJ team that are better than players on the New England team? Yes, there are. Just like there are players on the NE team that are better than the NJ team.

But what actually matters? I would say the things that matter most are whether a team wins the SB, whether they even make it to the SB, whether they win their division and just what their regular season record is. In all those things that ACTUALLY matter how does the NJ team compare?

I would gladly CONTINUE to regularly trade you having a player or two or even three for having the better overall team, the better record, the division title, the SB appearances and the SB wins.

So thanks Mr MangiaLeone. Thanks. A deal no one could refuse!