Patriots player missing Pro Bowl are taking a pounding!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Patriots player missing Pro Bowl are taking a pounding!

No wonder the Patriots are not liked and people take shots at them all the time.  They kind of bring it on themselves.  I wish they would just go and enjoy, be a part of the NFL instead of distancing themselves like the bad guys.  Glad Mayo went and I think Mankins too. 

BTW, they have mentioned this about 10 times already on the braodcast and about another 10 times on the pre game coverage over on nfl network.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Patriots player missing Pro Bowl are taking a pounding!

In response to TFB12's comment:

No wonder the Patriots are not liked and people tag shots at them all the time.  They kind of bring it on themselves.  I wish they would just go and enjoy, be a part of the NFL instead of distancing themselves like the bad guys.  Glad Mayo went and I think Mankins too. 

BTW, they have mentioned this about 10 times already on the braodcast and about another 10 times on the pre game coverage over on nfl network.

On one hand game is meaningless and dying out

on the other have the pats ever had any fun? ever?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

The Pro Bowl is why jealous and enraged fans don't like the Pats? Please, dude. The Chiefs had 8 players go.

Case closed.

I am sorry, but I don't know anyone about a soon to be defunct exhibition game who cares about who plays in that game. It's a joke beyond belief.

How does it make sense for the people whining about why Pats players aren't there, being the same ones who whine about them all year?

The Pats bashing, in this never-ending fear of them possibly winning another SB with BB and Brady, is sick.

Absolutely sick. The media just thrives on that angle, too.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The Pro Bowl is why jealous and enraged fans don't like the Pats? Please, dude. The Chiefs had 8 players go.

Case closed.

I am sorry, but I don't know anyone about a soon to be defunct exhibition game who cares about who plays in that game. It's a joke beyond belief.

How does it make sense for the people whining about why Pats players aren't there, being the same ones who whine about them all year?

The Pats bashing, in this never-ending fear of them possibly winning another SB with BB and Brady, is sick.

Maybe they deserve the bashing.  Seriously, some of the stuff they do is just not cool.  I'm done defending them on things like this because they bring this stuff on themselves.  Come on, it isn't hard for BB to talk to reporters on the field after the games, when they lose, THE FANS VOTE them to the Pro Bowl, show some respect to their fans, go enjoy a free trip and collect some cash.  It really isn't to hard to do these things.  The seem like really sore losers pulling this stuff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CornHole12. Show CornHole12's posts

Where is sissy boy Brady? 

Me thinks they asked him not to come because he likes to kick people like a little girl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

No wonder the Patriots are not liked and people tag shots at them all the time.  They kind of bring it on themselves.  I wish they would just go and enjoy, be a part of the NFL instead of distancing themselves like the bad guys.  Glad Mayo went and I think Mankins too. 

On one hand game is meaningless and dying out

on the other have the pats ever had any fun? ever?

They had a lot of fun after Super Bowl XXXVI, Super Bowl XXXVIII, and Super Bowl XXXIX. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Case closed.

Maybe they deserve the bashing.  Seriously, some of the stuff they do is just not cool.  I'm done defending them on things like this because they bring this stuff on themselves.  Come on, it isn't hard for BB to talk to reporters on the field after the games, when they lose, THE FANS VOTE them to the Pro Bowl, show some respect to their fans, go enjoy a free trip and collect some cash.  It really isn't to hard to do these things.  The seem like really sore losers pulling this stuff.

I love that they aren't playing in the Pro Bowl.  The minute somebody blows out an ACL in the meaningless game you will be glad there aren't and NE guys there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The game has become a joke.  They might as well have a skills comp or something as dumb.  Brady never goes anyway    These guys are probably tired, sore and jut want to go home.  The pats play at least 20 games a year counting preseason.   It's vacation time now.  Know that feeling?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Most of the players that skipped have been there and done that, why not give younger guys a chance to enjoy it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Case closed.

I love that they aren't playing in the Pro Bowl.  The minute somebody blows out an ACL in the meaningless game you will be glad there aren't and NE guys there.

+1, Robert Edwards anyone?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

The offensive pass interference in this game made it unwatchable. Here's how half of the TD's happened: QB lobs to corner of endzone, big physical receiver/tight end runs fade route, extends both arms on DB, catches ball. Zzzz  

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thanks Leatherhelmet, I knew this wouldn't be a popular thread but seriously, if people aren't fans of the team I can certainly see why they would hate on them.  They are an easy target. Apparently they don't care, but us fans do.  I voted for Pats players to be in the Pro Bowl, it should be an honor, instead they downplay it and don't even go.  There are people over there risking their bodies and playing hurt because they take it as an honor and it's all part of the game they play.  Why do I try so damn hard to defend the team and the things they do when they themselves don't care?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Thanks Leatherhelmet, I knew this wouldn't be a popular thread but seriously, if people aren't fans of the team I can certainly see why they would hate on them.  They are an easy target. Apparently they don't care, but us fans do.  I voted for Pats players to be in the Pro Bowl, it should be an honor, instead they downplay it and don't even go.  There are people over there risking their bodies and playing hurt because they take it as an honor and it's all part of the game they play.  Why do I try so damn hard to defend the team and the things they do when they themselves don't care?

i think ur pouring this on a weeeeeeeee bit thick TFB

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I didn't watch. How did Slater do?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

We used to be The Model Franchise, now we act like Super Models...

It couldn't be said any better then this.  How true this is.  I know BB couldn't care less what others think about him, all he cares about is his team.  But at the end of the day, after he retires I'm sure he will want all the respect of his peers that he deserves and leave a great legecy behind, it's only human nature.  He could have an even greater legecy if he didn't rub people the wrong way.  There will always be people out there who will remember him as a hard person to deal with, a no nonsense guy who acted like he was above the rest and this will tarnish his great career as a coach.  He won't get all the respect he deserves.  Same goes for the players.  and it has a lot to do with things such as this, not showing up for simple Pro Bowls that fans have voted them into.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

I didn't watch. How did Slater do?

Slater was lined up as a WR and caught a pass.  Almost had a TD but Luck throw a high ball to him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

i think ur pouring this on a weeeeeeeee bit thick TFB

I don't think I am.  Did you see these comments made by the broadcasters?  They were pretty much making a point about how all these other players are there from other teams, pointing out all the players from so and so team voted to the Pro Bowl was there but only 2 of the 7 bothered to show up from the Patriots and felt it was disrespectful to the game.  Hard time defending the Patriots about that. 

You have Peyton Manning there, he lost in the Playoffs yet he takes pride in going to the Pro Bowl that he was voted to.  I think he gets a lot more respect from the players and media because of him doing these things.  Does this sway them when they talk about who the better QB between Peyton and TFB is?  You bet it does.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

any players  nursing injuries,  should not be there (Mankins, Welker Gronk) . Remember the Patriots played in the Super Bowl last year and came close to going again this year, maybe they're just tired. I'm sure Bradys arm is. But I do agree with you TFB, the act is tiresome. and Brady if you love the game so much why don't you get out there and promote it. As much as I want to dislike Peyton, he said and did the right thing to keep a game going that he loves and has attended everyear he was voted to.  I watched the game and thought it was fun. Shows there is a lot of talent in the NFC.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

and all the fans that whine about this game  hey it's not for you!!!! it's for the players.  It's like working your butt off all year and being awarded a great all expenses paid trip for your efforts.  and shut up Goodall god I'm so sick of him and the stupid fines and everything he s about. now he wants to take something else away from the players, all under the guise of the fans not liking it. No wonder the players hate him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Sorry but I must question the life of anybody who would have actually watched the Pro Bowl, in whole or in part. Why?

Did you know they were running Moonshiners on Discovery? And Lizard Lick Towing on whatever channel that is on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

You were chosen to represent the NFL because you are one of the best at your position. Drop the ego, have some class and show up. Worthless game or not, you owe that much to the fans and league. The need to win has superseded all else with some of these guys. They think they're to good for the league and forget it's an honor to be one of the chosen ones. The phantom injuries don't fool anyone. It's winning or nothing. The few, the proud, the self professed elite. I never disliked the Pats because year in and year out they are one of the premiere teams in all of football and I want them to play the Gents every year in the SB. I know that if Crusty had any athletic ability to perform in the ultimate league and chosen, he would not attend because of his delusional egomania. My 2 sense.