Patriots Should Grab Michael Johnson In THird

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

Patriots Should Grab Michael Johnson In THird

This would be a huge steal ...... with the 78th pickkkk

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Patriots Should Grab Michael Johnson In THird

They'll have to trade up, but I agree.  I also like Lawrence Sidbury.  Johnson has huge potential. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

Yea i would be really excited to see him as a pat mid college season he was a 1st round pick ..... Hes An athletic freak who could come in and be a Julius peppers type player the pats would be crazy not to pick him.  Especially since we havent pick and OLb yet..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

When a player like Johnson drops so much....there's usually a reason.

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him now.....but I would rather go after someone like Jamon (The Ham) Meredith.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

All those sound good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

Why not both haha 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

We have 4 picks in the third round and I'd guess that someone will offer a second round pick in next years draft for one of them,kind of like last year when San Diego came knocking in the third round,we have #9,#19,#25 and #33 I'm guessing that the pick that will be targeted is #19 that's when the good players will start to thin out if they can pick up a 5th rounder and a 2nd in next years draft I'd bet the farm that BB takes it.Last year they swapped 3 rounder and 5th rounders and got the 2nd round pick that got us Chung.Maybe they can get a bidding war going and raise the ante to a fourth rd pk as well as a second rd pick next year.Players to watch Johnny Knox,Corneilius Ingram,Meredith,Ramses Barden,Mckillop,Sidbury,Toal,Urbik,Cadogan,Freeman,Casey there are some quality players out there to still be had,I'd love to see BB take a flyer on the RB from Boise State Ian Johnson and though Derrick Williams is a good WR I like Ramses Barden because he's 6'6" and bends like gumby!!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Johnson is just too much of a tweener.  He doesn't have the speed to be an OLB and he doesn't have the size to be a DE.  I think his future is at DE in the 4-3.  So I don't think the Pats will be interested in Johnson.  I like Meredith a lot but the Pats will have to trade up to get him.  Jarron Gilbert may be a guy to go after as a DE in the 3-4 but the Pats would probably have to move up and get him as well.  There are a bunch of TEs here but I don't think they fit the Pats.  Duke Robinson at 73?  83 and 89 is intriguing as hell.  Choices of Hamlin, Francies, Urbik and Vaughn.  I have to disagree with Sidbury.  I don't think he fits.  You may see Rhett Bomar at 97.  He went to Oklahoma and had a falling out with the coach.  It might have been fed by dad who seems to be in the mix of things his whole career.  Dad will be out of the mix come draft time.  His son has taken too much of a hit for him transfering to Sam Houston State.  Dad needs to be shot.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]This would be a huge steal ...... with the 78th pickkkk
    Posted by RandyMossinThem[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]This would be a huge steal ...... with the 78th pickkkk
    Posted by RandyMossinThem[/QUOTE]

My thoughts also. I wouldn't mind adding Shonn Greene or D.J. Moore either. Never know how things turn out. They could all be there at one pick or another and get passed up. A reciever wouldn't hurt either though. It would be some insurance for Galloway and Moss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Johnson definately has the speed to play OLB, he's a physical freak and very athletic. He could be great, but i don't know if he's a patriots type of player. Questions about his work ethic. I'd prefer Spinbury, but i'd also be happy with Johnson. However, i wouldn't be surprised if NE didn't take an OLB at all. ILB seems like a bigger need (Brinkley?) along with DE depth (Gilbert?). Plus a young TE (Nelson?) as a replacement for Heith Evans at FB i like Frank Summers.. would be good on short yardage and goal line, along with lead blocking.
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]here is some footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzKWDGf5-Hc

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Johnson really isn't a Patriot type player-- they could take him if the value is right. I understand the upside, be he is stupid and non-commited. I would be happy if they took him though because people here might chilax about this draft if they get a "name" that everyone wanted. A year ago there was specualtion he was top-ten. Fate laughs at our speculations. Maybe in time, with attitude changes and some work he could be an NFL player. He certainly has the raw talent.

There is some really great offensive talent left here though.

I like some interior lineman here. Tryo Kropog can switch inside, and is a solid athlete. Gerald Cadogan is another really smart kid who needs some coaching. He could be a tackle or a guard. Jamon Meredith is another solid prospect who is smart. He is the best OL athlete remaining.

All three of my favorite SC players are there: Cook, Meredith, Brinkley. I would be happy with any one of them, or all three.

Shawn Nelson is there, although he isn't one of my guys. But Cook is too. Ingram. Casey. There are some decent TE prospects still on the board. I like Cook the most because he has WR speed and a TE body.

Darry Beckwith and Tyrone McKenzie are still on the board and I like both players a ton! I really like Beckwith and am pleased to see he could stick around. And McKenzie could be a good two down run stopper with better upside to be a full time player.

Beckwith for consistency. McKenzie for versatility and upside.

Mike Thomas from Arizona is still on the board and he would be a great addition. As is Derrick Williams who is a faller at this point, is a bit raw but quite talented. Great speed. Great hands. Louis Murphy. The third is the right place to picka florida WR. The only reason he is so depressed is because Tebow doesn't have the kind of arm that could take advantage of a true flanker type like this kid. It would be great to have him or Williams understudy with Galloway for a season. Juaquin Iglesias in the fourth? He is the most polished WR left on the board. Maybe not a deep threat, but a solid route runner for a college kid. He has great hands.

I think they are done with the DB crew for now, but if they aren't Asher Allen and Keinv Barnes two mid round guys I like are there. You really can't have enough corners with the fact that you need three starters and at least one or two quality players AND the rich prices they command these days.

And some talented RBs: Jenningsas a FB/HB tweener. Kory Sheets. Devin Moore. Andre Brown is one of those possible mid round steals. I would have been happy with him at #58. He is a dedicated north/south runner, but with real home run speed. Let the suckers grab the RB's high. Just keep taking mid round players till you strike gold.

At QB Brandstater could be a late round prospect.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Lots of good players still left on the board. We now have (for the time being) four picks in this upcoming third round. I think a WR might be out there for us today. Great job by Belichick for trading 6 picks in the first three rounds for eight. Let's face it...the draft is a cr@p shoot at best. So hopefully we can fill some spots with some young talent and see what develops in the future. Who knows. Maybe one of these guys will start next year or maybe they will be cut.