Patriots sign Donte Stallworth

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Patriots sign Donte Stallworth

hmmmm..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth

Are we having a wide receiver battle in camp?

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
    The Patriots just agreed to a one-year deal with free-agent wide receiver Donte Stallworth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

are you serious?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

1 year deal..Bill is really loading up on pass catchers..signed TE Fells today too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

sure could have used all these receivers in the super bowl lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Maybe that means we are focusing on defense and O-line in the draft?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

starting to think that Ocho AND Branch might be gone this season..no Tiquan Underwood. 

I think he does this so we can be lethal out of a 2 TE set as well as a 5 receiver set. 07 offense mixed with '11 offense..DEADLY.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dismanhere. Show dismanhere's posts

What is going on!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Now, Rusty this puts pressure on Welker to sign. Stallworth is a Z type of WR that could be fine for a year while a draft pick learns and takes Welkers spot.

I also see Ocho restructuring/release in the future and Branch might be back on a min value deal

This is going to make for a WR battle at camp (I also think they might try to bring back Gaffney if he is released)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

hope he has something left in the tank.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I like it!  He's still fast and he's played in the offense before.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Sound like a camp cut move but if he shows well why not bring him it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots sign Donte Stallworth:
    [QUOTE]starting to think that Ocho AND Branch might be gone this season..no Tiquan Underwood.  I think he does this so we can be lethal out of a 2 TE set as well as a 5 receiver set. 07 offense mixed with '11 offense..DEADLY.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

unfortunately both the 07' and 11' offenses FAILED miserably when it counted in both of the super bowls.......i guess maybe combining the two could help lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Could spell the end for Chad and Deion, at the very least Bill is bringing in athletic talent to push all of the pass catchers....Let's not forget Tom and Donte had a few issues getting on the same page in 07, but there's no doubt the guy has wheels.  If he can still run like he did a few years back (not sure if this is the case) him and Lloyd will make for a quality down field tandem.  Small money, limited risk, I like it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Pats just signed Robert Gallery as well

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe that means we are focusing on defense and O-line in the draft?
    Posted by csylvia79[/QUOTE]
    All of the Pats major outside guys are 30+, I think it would be a big mistake to take for granted their health and continued production.  Draft a WR on day one.  This doesn't mean they should neglect the other areas of weakness, but it's important to be future minded in situations like this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

could anthony gonzalez be the next wes welker for this team?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]Now, Rusty this puts pressure on Welker to sign. Stallworth is a Z type of WR that could be fine for a year while a draft pick learns and takes Welkers spot. I also see Ocho restructuring/release in the future and Branch might be back on a min value deal This is going to make for a WR battle at camp (I also think they might try to bring back Gaffney if he is released)
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Or if they had chosen the likely more expensive Gaffney. I am still surprised they went in this direction, though.  Doesn't hurt. Another guy who knows the system, but he hasn't looked the same since leaving here.

I still say keep Ochocinco at the minimum and see how he looks through camp up against Stallworth, etc.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

We relied way too much on just four receivers last year.  This shows BB is really working on correcting that.  It's one way we'll get more diversity in the offense.  I hope he also believes Ridley and Vereen can provide more punch from the backfield as well--not just running the ball but also catching it out of the backfield.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

LINK??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

McDaniels is back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like he is putting the band back together from 07', but with a slightly different look. If Stallworth has anything left, combined with Lloyd, Welker, Gronk and Hern, things get really interesting.
    I like this for nothing else than competition. Lets see what cream rises.

The Gallery signing worries me. It could mean Waters retires, or maybe he is just for depth? Connolly is signed, so it would appear unless the pats do something with Mankins or Waters, Gallery is depth.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I wonder what they have in mind....It could be ridiculously good, who you going to double cover on this offense. Barring injuries it's going to have to be pick your poison on every play and that's going to do wonders for the running game in turn. Oh my this could be special!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I've got a question about us and the draft. If the Saints lose their draft pick this year for putting bounties out, won't that be the same for us as moving down a pick?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UPSTATENYPATSFAN. Show UPSTATENYPATSFAN's posts

In Response to Patriots sign Donte Stallworth:
    [QUOTE]hmmmm..
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

I Thought You All Were Kidding About This Signing, BUT IT IS TRUE! ! !
    What Is Going On (BB) HERE! LOL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

Belichick really is a joke.

I hope Stallworth wraps his car around a telephone pole before training camp and before he can murder anyone else. Because that's the only way I'm watching the Patriots in 2012.

Disgusting. This team has sunk to a low I never thoght I would see. So much for "classy" Bob Kraft. Way to let your overrated bumbling head coach take a dump on your brand and defecate on the memory of your dead wife. Myra must be spinning in her grave right now.

I can't believe my team found a way to punch me in the stomach even harder than they did when they gagged two Superbowls away. Congrats Billy and Bobby.  You lowlife s.c.u.m.b.a.g.s.

I hope this team goes goes 0-16 next year.