Patriots signing Michael Jenkins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Patriots signing Michael Jenkins

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to rxmsg's comment:

Does this list scare anyone?    For crying out loud !!!!

I feel your pain, TFB!!

The fear may come from,

Hernandez

Gronk

Ballard

Vereen

Me thinks....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

This is like 2006 Deja Vu all over again......  Reche Caldwell, Doug Gabriel......

How did that work oot fo us !!!???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

He is big.  Isn't that that what people have been clamoring for around here?  Believe it or not there aren't many guys with that kind of size and 4.4 speed.  If we signed a fast guy there would be complaints that he is too short...

Moss was one of a kind and frankly anyone approaching that talent level is not in our budget.

don't need a fast big guy but how about one that can outrun Brady?

Nice. He must really be slow!...I am waiting for Nelson to come onboard

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I feel your pain, TFB!!

The fear may come from,

Hernandez

Gronk

Ballard

Vereen

Me thinks....

Agree.... but that's all short to intermediate areas.... D's will just congest those areas wth defenders.... geez we've never seen that happen have we??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

We have months until opening day, why get so worked up about who we have at receiver now. People were saying the same thing in 2007 at this time. Then draft day comes along with Moss and the rest. I think Belichick knows how to put a roster together. This isn't fantasy football.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Sorry TFB and rxmsg, this time I actually believe this is a good signing because they need camp bodies and he doesn't eat up any cap space. It's just the typical camp body signing who has had decent production in the past to see if he can do anything with the team. I don't think he'll make it out of camp but if he ends up being the #3 WR then we can get mad over this one. Actually imo if Nelson and Ramses both go for min deals and the Pats stick with this guy I'd be pissed but to me this is just a fill the roster camp move at this point. Though it is a bit odd making it right now since no team in the league was showing interest in the guy. They could have got him at any point so I'm hoping this isn't a sign they are done with signings until something significant happens (ie April 19th for Sanders deadline)

Basically there is no downside to this signing. Doesn't count against the cap, and we get to see hat he has left on the cheap. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Are we not at the point where we realize that TB is past the long bomb? It was never something he relied on much anyway. 07 was a freak season...treasure it... I do...but it's likely to never happen here again with TB.

I think the D continues to get the butter anyway...it's time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The fear may come from,

Hernandez

Gronk

Ballard

Vereen

Me thinks....

They might move Hern to the WR spot. If this is the current WR corp I don't think they will have a choice actually. I don't think Jenkins makes it out of camp and if Jones or Amendola gets injury Hern will have to move outside.

Vereen is a pass catching RB but are you going to have him out on the field the entire time? I don't see BB moving to 2 RB/ 2 TE sets though weirder things have happened. Besides we still haven't seen Vereen for an entire season yet. He's still an unknown at this point but one with tons of promise. Honestly though Amendola is a good #2 and Jones is a good #3 when both are healthy but they need a durable #1 right now. If they get a durable #1 then all the above will make it scary, until then though it's a weak WR core by any standards. You top 3 guys right now are 2 players who use to be on teams that are now thin at WR and didn't want them back and a WR who was your second choice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

"Molassas Mike"   that's all we need to know???!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

BB missed his calling as garbage collector  !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Sorry TFB and rxmsg, this time I actually believe this is a good signing because they need camp bodies and he doesn't eat up any cap space. It's just the typical camp body signing who has had decent production in the past to see if he can do anything with the team. I don't think he'll make it out of camp but if he ends up being the #3 WR then we can get mad over this one. Actually imo if Nelson and Ramses both go for min deals and the Pats stick with this guy I'd be pissed but to me this is just a fill the roster camp move at this point. Though it is a bit odd making it right now since no team in the league was showing interest in the guy. They could have got him at any point so I'm hoping this isn't a sign they are done with signings until something significant happens (ie April 19th for Sanders deadline)

Basically there is no downside to this signing. Doesn't count against the cap, and we get to see hat he has left on the cheap. 

Gee, ya think maybe, just maybe, BB has a clue after all?

Sorry about the sarcasm guys, but man, this happens all too often on this forum.  Pats sign someone that doesn't immediately make us all orgasmic and the Pats are fielding a team on the cheap.

For the record, I can't find a thing wrong with this signing either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Let me help you per PFT...

The 30-year-old Jenkins can’t really run, and caught 40 passes last season for the Vikings, who weren’t exactly overburdened with depth at his position. He has size and good hands, but lacks the ability to get open.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The fear may come from,

Hernandez

Gronk

Ballard

Vereen

Me thinks....

They might move Hern to the WR spot. If this is the current WR corp I don't think they will have a choice actually. I don't think Jenkins makes it out of camp and if Jones or Amendola gets injury Hern will have to move outside.

Vereen is a pass catching RB but are you going to have him out on the field the entire time? I don't see BB moving to 2 RB/ 2 TE sets though weirder things have happened. Besides we still haven't seen Vereen for an entire season yet. He's still an unknown at this point but one with tons of promise. Honestly though Amendola is a good #2 and Jones is a good #3 when both are healthy but they need a durable #1 right now. If they get a durable #1 then all the above will make it scary, until then though it's a weak WR core by any standards. You top 3 guys right now are 2 players who use to be on teams that are now thin at WR and didn't want them back and a WR who was your second choice.

Chess games are long drawn out matches. We still have the remaing FA period, the draft, more cut downs and then camp cuts. Don't forget many teams still don't have enough cap room to sign draft picks. Plenty of time to go.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Gee, ya think maybe, just maybe, BB has a clue after all?

Sorry about the sarcasm guys, but man, this happens all too often on this forum.  Pats sign someone that doesn't immediately make us all orgasmic and the Pats are fielding a team on the cheap.

I agree there is nothing wrong with the signing at all, I think it's more frustrating that on a very weak wr core they add a camp body and people frustrations are boiling over at that. If they had Welker back or keep Lloyd or signed a solid starter without major injury problems in the past I don't think this is really even talked about. But, given what's been added and taken away so far this player instantly becomes the #3 WR on the team instead of the #7/8 WR fighting for the last spot on the roster

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The 30-year-old Jenkins can’t really run, and caught 40 passes last season for the Vikings, who weren’t exactly overburdened with depth at his position. He has size and good hands, but lacks the ability to get open.

And a team led by Ponder who had a poor year.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Thanks but so?  What's wrong with a vet training camp body?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Who gives a hoot! He's a veteran receiver who averaged 10.1 yards per catch with a rookie QB chucking him the rock! TB made guys like Gaffney,Stallworth,Caldwell,Lloyd,Brown,and every other dufus they sign look like they can be productive,so no reason he can't improve the likes of Mike Jenkins. At least he has had experience catching the rock and at one time he had blazing speed. Maybe he makes the team and maybe he don't, it's all up to him and how quickly he can acclimate his abilities to coincide with TB's skills!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The fear may come from,

Hernandez

Gronk

Ballard

Vereen

Me thinks....

Chess games are long drawn out matches. We still have the remaing FA period, the draft, more cut downs and then camp cuts. Don't forget many teams still don't have enough cap room to sign draft picks. Plenty of time to go.

I know, but that's what we heard last year about the DB's and oddly enough the depth at WR last year too. Draft picks I'm looking froward to but if you are waiting for camp body cut downs then you are basically in trouble to begin with as you can't count on players being cut nor the quality of players cut

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Instead of signing something like this why not bring Lloyd back instead?  Why not just sign Edelman.  Everyone here was so high on Edelman going into last season, saying he was going to be the new slot guys and he isn't here.  Are they really going down the quantity over quality road here again? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Exactly

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Instead of signing something like this why not bring Lloyd back instead?  Why not just sign Edelman.  Everyone here was so high on Edelman going into last season, saying he was going to be the new slot guys and he isn't here.  Are they really going down the quantity over quality road here again? 

Can Edelman pass a physical right now? Haven't seen him linked with anybody.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

This is like 2006 Deja Vu all over again......  Reche Caldwell, Doug Gabriel......

How did that work oot fo us !!!???

they went to the afc championship game and put up 34 points in that game, if the defense hadnt collapsed in the second half of that game, they arguably would have won the super bowl that year. every year since, the offense has stunk in the big games. i WISH the pats offense would perform in the playoffs like the 2006 squad did.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Have to agree. I would like to see Edelman back.

Although Jenkins and Edelman are to vastly different players.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I don't get it; I simply don't. Why does a pretty simple, straightforward signing like this evoke so much panic?  And believe me, that's what I'm reading here is panic.  Can we at least wait and see what other moves are in the offing before we decide that we're all screwed and we're better off watching the food channel next season?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

I don't like the list either but untill BB fails to win the division and make noise in the playoffs most years I will continue to trust him. He has a pretty good record.