Patriots stink

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DMR09. Show DMR09's posts

Re: Patriots stink

You betcha

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vdb76. Show vdb76's posts

Burgess who?

Was Derrick Burgess even on the field? Raiders may have gotten the best of that deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ajclark4. Show Ajclark4's posts

First and foremost, the issue is the offensive line. The guys are just not reacting fast enough to the variety of rushes being thrown at them by opposing defenses. Brady is getting touched up on virtually every play - its been that way since they got Tyree'd in Superbowl 42 - and hasn't been able to get comfortable in the pocket. Its a problem compounded by his knee injury lingering in the back of his mind and defensive ends seemingly getting a lot faster since Pollard took him out in '08. 

But let's be honest: we have issues on both sides of the ball. The defense is barely holding water. For all the love I have for Gary Guyton, he ain't Vrabel, he ain't Bruschi, and he sure as hell ain't Mayo. There is a reason the dude didn't get drafted. So for all the faith Bill & Co. have in him, I can't see this working long term. The Patriots NEED another defensive star to emerge, and if that requires an in-season trade, so be it. 

Otherwise, it's gonna be a looong season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessekillerkay. Show jessekillerkay's posts

In Response to Patriots stink:
    [QUOTE]Wow. The Pats stink. I can't even give credit to the Jets. The Patriots stayed in  the locker room at halftime I think. I can't believe they can't get into the endzone. If Brady could make a half decent pass he could have some touchdowns. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

can't give credit to the jets? the defense plastered them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nuzzy. Show nuzzy's posts

Simple math:

Brady + Too much time spent with Giselle = Bad QB

He didn't put nearly the same amount of time he used to put in the offseason when he was single.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

The weakest link on the Pats by far has to be the offensive line, especially with Matt "f*cking" Light as our LT.  This guy can not hold his own ground against any pass rushers period.  When you look at replays it looks really, really bad seeing how poorly this guy plays.  Point blank, this draft has to be geared towards rebuilding the O-line .

As far as the Pats as a team go after 2 weeks in the books, I have to say that this is the most poorly disciplined Pats team that I've seen in quite some time. I can't tell you how disheartening it is to see this team rack up more penalties than first downs, unbeleivable!!

Brady is showing some rust, but I fully expect him to come around to his old form soon.  Mostly, he's been looking pretty anxious out there while blitzed, and it's causing him to throw bad passes.  A lot of this has to do with the poor blocking of the O-line or should I say the "NO-Line" since they pretty much look invisible out there.

Maroney is garbage and should be let go.  Ditto for Galloway.  The defense is ok considering how many youngsters that we have out there, and this being week two and all.  Besides both games have been low scoring games.  Special teams looked bad this week, WOW!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from schtoon. Show schtoon's posts

If the goal is getting back to the Super Bowl, then yes, the Pats look to me like a team in trouble.  For all the maligning here, in fact the D is not bad -- only gave up 16 points.  However, a glaring problem is that the D lacks playmakers -- the sort of guys that make plays to get the unit off the field, especially on third downs.  Remember?  Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison, Samuel, Law, Seymour?  Those kind of guys.  

But what is worse, the offense looks atrocious.  Brady doesn't seem himself, the WR corps is definitely not as good as 2007, and the O-line is starting to show signs of wear.

Maybe the D finds an identity -- and some legit playmakers by the end of the year, and maybe Brady develops more chemistry with the WRs as a group.  But it's going to take time, if it happens at all:  At best Pats will finish 11-5 or 10-6 and have to go on the road for the Wild Card game.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessekillerkay. Show jessekillerkay's posts

you blame the offense on welker not being there? did you watch the game? the jets crushed any offense that could be there. when is the last time brady was held without a TD?

In Response to Re: Patriots stink:
    [QUOTE]I don't think we did so badly.  They won by a touchdown.  Yes, you have to expect that the offense is going to be rusty, especially with Welker out.  Galloway on the other hand, needs to be cut.  He really isn't benefitting the offense at all.   I think the defense did awesome.  Too many penalties though.  We were just one play away from really winning.  You substitute Galloway and those passes would have been caught.  So I am not really counting them out.  There will never be a 2007 year though.  We have to get back to how we first started winning back in 01-06.  Smart play.  We will get better.
    Posted by Joy4pats[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]Simple math: Brady + Too much time spent with Giselle = Bad QB He didn't put nearly the same amount of time he used to put in the offseason when he was single.
    Posted by nuzzy[/QUOTE]

Wow, you must know someone on the team or something. Where'd you get that info? Matt Walsh? Do you have the computer at the other end of his ankle bracelet?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Too many posters on this string, with a first post dated 9/20/2009 to give the comments here any credit as being from Pats' fans.  I would say a very strong possibility, make that probability, they are all the work of one or two Jets trolls to give this string the feel Pats' fans are disillusioned with the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

This post is a little harsh. We need to get back to basic football. Smash the D with the run. Remember the 3rd and 13? MS dumped it to LW and let him make the play. Once the run is established then you will see TB and RM connecting as the safety is up in the box. I think that the offense is too complicated. esp with Brady coming off an injury and a season off.
    The D will need to find itself. Right now all of the leaders are gone. Time for AD or VW to step up.
    We do miss Hobbs on special teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]Simple math: Brady + Too much time spent with Giselle = Bad QB He didn't put nearly the same amount of time he used to put in the offseason when he was single.
    Posted by nuzzy[/QUOTE]

It may be your life but it's just football. I think any husband is entitled to spending time with his pregnant wife, and his son.

It's just football.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hankerectus420. Show Hankerectus420's posts

So everyone is placing the blame on Brady?

He's clearly still rusty. But he is far from the only issue for this team. That OL could not protect him if their life depended on it.

And while the defense where ok, I am really concerned about the lack of pass rush

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjcronin. Show rjcronin's posts

Just an average team playing a bad game. Expect a few more like this one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UriahTee50. Show UriahTee50's posts

To state that “the Patriots stink” is an overstatement; to state that Patriots lost to a team that game-planned quite well is to say something true.   This game is a demonstration of how a pressure defense can defend a passing offense run out of spread formations.

While they did not sack Brady, the Jets disrupted the timing of the Patriots passing game through their incessant blitzing, their ability to cover Moss, and their taking advantage of the absence of Welker  

Thus, Brady had an uncharacteristically bad game (23/47, 216 YDS, 1 INT); at base, he was rarely able to step into his throws.  Because of 15 hurries and 5 knock-downs, Brady spent most of the game throwing off of his back foot or almost literally off of  his back.

Does this mean that there is trouble in Foxboro?  No, it means that the Patriots will have to work harder to game plan against blitzing teams that take their clues from the 2007 Eagles, Ravens, and Giants...   

They need to keep in more blockers on passing downs and/or change pass blocking schemes …

They need to pass more out of running formations…

They need to use screen passes every game... 

They need to account for the slight change in Brady’s pocket mobility...

They need to run the ball at least 25 times a game…

Finally, we should not forget that it is only the second week of the season.  Ryan’s Jet are not 16-0; Belichick’s Patriots are not 1-15.

Time will show how the Patriots adjust to their weaknesses and strengths as a team.  As we saw in 2001 and 2003 and 2008, adjust is what Belichick teams do.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from koshman. Show koshman's posts

God almighty. Are you people kidding! This team looked bad today. There is no doubt about it. The Pats Oline is just not that good, and Brady was off all day. But its only game two! How many new faces are on the defense? How many rookies? The team needs to find its identity. It may take some time, but they will. I am amazed at the wagon jumpers after one game. Come on people. Grow some stones and stand up. This team will do better as the season goes along, we as fans just need to give them support until they figure it out. Otherwise this is going to be one long season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heartland. Show heartland's posts

They've been bad for a while but it really showed the last two weeks. The offense is too unimaginative, no slants or screens today. Stop using Moss as a decoy. Every other team can get the ball to their star receiver but the Pats.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not giving up on my team.  We have QB protection issues and we've had that since the Eagles game in 2007.  If we resolve that we will be golden.  Oddly enough, our pass rush has hardly been the problem this year; at least not what has been giving us fits. 2007 gave us unrealistic expectations.  This is the real world, and we will take home the Lombardi!!!
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

thank you!!! im a huge pats fan, but i absolutely hate a lot of pats fans. people, ITS WEEK 2! the pats will lose a few more games this year. if this is the reaction your going to have to every loss, you should root for a team with low expectations i.e. the Cheifs (since some of you seem to think we were better off with cassel than brady. shut up and get over it. we lost. deal with it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Man these Jets trolls are out in force!  This is their biggest win in years!  They won a Super Bowl in their mind

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617Suffolkcounty. Show 617Suffolkcounty's posts

Wow. What did you guys honestly expect? The new NFL way is 2 good running backs. We have 0. Thats a problem we all saw coming.

The defense is the worst in the NFL for some time now. Brady is at the end. I know the team is pretty awful this year. But how did you guys not see it coming?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

[QUOTE]As a JETS fan, of course I am thrilled.  But I cannot believe what I am reading.  There are people here that want to give up on Brady?????  After week 2???  Let me tell you this...I in no way thought this game was over until that last Pats series, when it really was over.  What I saw is a defense that has a ton of new guys on it, and it make take some time for them to gel.  To lose 5 key members of a defense is hard for any team to overcome.  I do not think I will see the same Pats D in November.  And I think Brady will be just fine.  In any case, it was a well fought game, as I knew it would be, and always is with these two teams.
    Posted by Alli7369[/QUOTE]

i have no idea who you are, but you are awesome (i am not being sarcastic). i do enjoy when rivalry fans can talk football like this.

But we all have to agree on one thing - we can't lose all the players we did, play as many new/young people as we do, and not expect things to take a long time to come together. it *is* a rebuilding, regardless of what anyone thinks. There's a lot of lessons to be learned both for the coaches and the players. They'll get better as time goes on.

I am a pats fan, I am a hardcore pats fan, and just because I'm realistic about the situation doesn't make me, or anyone else, a bandwagon fan. I cheer for them every week (even when they aren't playing!).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

The defense is the worst in the NFL for some time now

Where do you get that from 617??????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]Wow. What did you guys honestly expect? The new NFL way is 2 good running backs. We have 0. Thats a problem we all saw coming. The defense is the worst in the NFL for some time now. Brady is at the end. I know the team is pretty awful this year. But how did you guys not see it coming?
    Posted by 617Suffolkcounty[/QUOTE]

That is a really cool screen name there. Maybe I should change mine to 619longisland or something.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArapahoJoe. Show ArapahoJoe's posts

Come back off the bridge, fellas.  It's only the second game.  That said, the persistent negatives (I will view all the penalties and poor kicking game as an aberration) are troubling:  Poor pass protection; poor pass rush; and, especially, an inability to hold in third and long.  I know it is irrational, but I feel more comfortable when our defense is facing 3 and 4 as opposed to 3 and 71.  Also Maroney had one excellent run; thereafter he was about as useful as tteats on a nun.  Whether or not Brady returns to form or not remains to be seen.  His mobility looks OK which is encouraging.  The optimist in me says Brady will improve (he is a winner, yes?) and the defense will be better when Mayo returns and the unit has begun to gel under the Pats trademark coaching.  But if the pass protection and pass rush continue to be what we have seen, it will be a long season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snowbirdfl. Show snowbirdfl's posts

IN BILL WE TRUST???????????????????????????????

VRABEL GONE---SEYMOUR GONE-----MAYO OUT------WOULDN'T JULIUS PEPPERS LOOK GOOD IN A PATRIOTS UNIFORM RIGHT NOW.